Gross misconduct hearing

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5927 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Ok, in answer yes you could still be made to go through the meeting and theoretically you could still be dismissed while working your notice.

You could ask if they would except your resignation but if that fails then you could do this (I’ve not told you this) Go to your doctor, tell him your stressed with work etc or have a bad back anything to get a sick line, then hand that in, you can not be made to attend a meeting while sick, now resign and use your time off sick as your notice period.

Not really a nice thing to do but a practical one.

If my comments have been helpful please click my scales

No they can not hold the hearing if your off sick, the hearing has to be held at a mutually convenient time and it must be held in work time.

If you’re off sick you are unfit to attend work and you can demand the hearing be postponed.

I can’t answer about the sick pay issue except to say speak to the CAB about that. If you have been six months without any pay I’m sure there is something that can be done.

In regards of the appeal for dismissal, if what you are saying is true, then the dismissal would be unfair (how long have you worked there?) As for appealing, you would be invited to another hearing. Produce all your sick notes (your doctor can re issue back dated sick notes) and the letter, bring in copies of the letters from the other depts too.

If this fails then go see an employment lawyer.