• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Cheekiness towards a DCA

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4972 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all.

I posted this in the beer garden just before i found this thread.

My partners quick way of getting rid of a DCA- He says it works.

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

• Replies 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Fred why are they a warning.

I am 24 weeks pergnant

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

well you could always try and send them funny money.

They are that stupid they may take it.

no its a girl so i cant call her that

lol gold lady. Thanks for cheering me up.

Chrissi

• Haha 1

No its not really fuzzy as some of them cant help they have a low IQ especially if they work for a dca.

Chrissi

I went for an interview when I was desperate for a job a few years back. Turned out to be Moorcroft of all the places in the UK. (How ironic for me. ) lol :eek: erm lol (I hate them with a passion due to two of my accounts and one of my girlfriends being with them.) They said I was over qualified and turned me down. Ha ha. So filled in application for Maccy D's out of sheer desperation instead . Got offered the job, but turned it down due to moral standards + actually caring about the young people who are the so called "future of Britain". (for what good it will do us in the end lol.)

The moral of this story......"If you work for DCA then unemployment should be considered a positive career move." :D

Over qualified to work for a DCA, Excuse me while i finsh laughing at that line.

Done. My dad has found that he got made redundant from a printing firm and then told he was under qualified to get a job so he went to college and done a load of courses applied for more jobs still did not have enough qualifications so went to university. Now he is over quified to work and has been on benefits for a few years now. But stangly enough he is not over qualified to work on the field picking daffs and stuff like that.

Chrissi

• Haha 1

yep totally agree with you. It is scary but you do need to be assertive.

Chrissi

when we have the money l will be donating aswell. just struggling atm.

• 3 weeks later...
many many years ago - when I had a loan out with Lloyds TSB (who used to be a decent bank before TSB came on board) - I was off sick from work one day - so was lounging around the house in a dressing gown and slippers.

There's a knock at the door - I answer it - to find a "bloke" - fresh out of University - hope in his eyes of making a difference in his chosen career, a nice new iron pressed white shirt and a suit which looked like it had just come off the peg in a fine Saville Row establishment - and in his hand was one of those big leather folder things with the zip on it.

I had a pretty good idea who we was working for...

Conversation went something like this:

Kid: (Enthusiastically) Is Mr X there?

Me: (Being civil) I'm afraid he's not here at the moment. Can I help?

Kid: Not really - I'm here from Pound of Flesh Ltd (can't remember the actual name of them - could have been someone like Moorcroft or something) - we just need to speak to him about this loan that's outstanding. When would he be back?

Me: I'm not too sure to be honest. I think he's abroad with work at the moment up in the Baltic. I think he said he'll be back in a few days.

Kid: OK - thanks for your help. Can you make sure he gets this when he gets back and gives us a call please.

(With that - hands me a card with my name on it and a request to ring them to be intimidated)

Me: No problem bud - I'll make sure he gets it.

Kid: Thanks - and have a good day Sir.

Kid walks off, I shut the front door, card goes in the shredder

LOL glad you brought the shreadder now.

Do you often work in the baltic if so could you tell me if it is a good holiday location for a potential lottery winner?

is it good for kids tho?

I have a 4 year old and one on the way so would need to no that. Could Lord lucan get me a few free passes to the good places?

Oh good.

Looks like i will be booking a holiday ther then when i win the lottery

ROFL.

Please the day they treat us with respect it the day we will treat them with respect.

you should watch this.

It was on tv last night the video keeps replaying but the end is funny.

Cutting Edge from Channel4.com

Oh BTW l know it is not DCA related but you have just gotta laugh.

my favorite bit is the guy that starts screaming down the phone. He was brilliant.

I ment to watch the programme but thought it was on tonight not last night

will watch it in the morning

OMG they are both funny in there own ways.

the first on is better tho

£100 and a turnip. LOL

I would have thought that was being generous.

LOL

that phone call is funny. I have hear it before but that was about 6 mths ago.

I cant believe the way the tellymarketing guy fell for it.

i first saw it last year my OH got sent the link on msn we were in stitches.

We had forgotten how funny it was until today.

• 2 weeks later...

i can think of several songs but not a lot of them are suitable for kids.

I have had one come to mind by a group of satanic singers called cradle of filth that has lots and lots and lots basically the whole song full of screeming.

There are allways the ones you make up your self if not.

• 2 weeks later...

Oh what a polite letter.

I feel it is strange that you have not had a reply.

Maybe they needed to go to night school for the maths lessons. Any way nice of you to advise them to use the margin for there workings outs.

PMSL

Probably Jehovas's Witnesses. My Gran waved a carving knife at one through the kitchen window while she was carving the sunday roast. 5 years later and they've not been back.

Like garlic bread, it may be the future.

Or like oral sex, the taste of things to come........

Can i please borrow your gran she sounds lovely.

I threatend to call the police on the last lot of jehova witnesses as they did not have a appointment.

The head of the jehovas came over and said if i want ed to waste police time then it was up to me but i could be arrested for wasting police time.

So me being the lovely person i am decided to get smart and say to them well actually your the one that would get arrested because you have knocked on my door and that is breaking the english common law as you dont have my permission. He tried to get smart and said my sister is a magistrate at the local court.

I came back with oh thats good for her. I go shooting with a district judge based in norwich and a high court judge as well as a few police men and wemon and they we all donate blood.

They soon left :) have not been back either:(

DCAs callers operate in teams of three. One can read, one can write and the third one is there to keep an eye on the two smartasses

LOL

sadly its only local elections so it only effects local councils.

If it was a general we could tell mr turd what we thought of him.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4972 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks