Jake Maverick Vs Barclays!!!

Jake Maverick
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5938 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Lets see if the bugging Mods will delete this post!!!! Any comments kind of appreciated!!!

You can not fight these abusive yobs!!! I had some trouble with them regarding bank charges etc. They did promise to refund those charges initially and promised to pay a paltry amount of compensation. When I tried to withdraw it they withheld my card and closed my account!!! Since then they have conned a further £250 from my mother. I have not been able to open a bank account or find employment since!!!

As a last resort I did try to pursue this claim. It cost me a substantial sum to produce this claim and it took 18 months to get to Court as the bank kept making up excuses!!! Net result was that it was immediately thrown out and I was fine just under £600 for the privilege!!! A sum that I am never going to be able to pay as I have no income whatsoever and it is impossible to find employment without a bank account!!!!

I have done everything that I can possibly do (legally) so suicide now seems to be my only viable option!!!!

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!!!!

IN THE NOTTINGHAM COUNTY COURT

CLAIM NO.:

BETWEEN

Jake Maverick

Claimant

And

Barclays Plc

Defendant

PARTICULARS OF CLAIM

I, Jake Maverick, Claimant will state as follows: -

I believe that the enclosed documents explain this case as fully as possible. Consequently, I will try to keep this witness statement as brief as possible.

I have had many problems with Barclays over the past few years. However, I shall try and keep this claim relevant to the most recent matters that have occurred over the past year.

Problems did start to arise at the end of 2005 when I noticed that I was no longer receiving bank statements. They have implied blame on the postal service, but refuse to provide any evidence of that. I was, incidentally, made homeless on 18th January 2006 and it still took several months and writing to them twice before they changed their address record for me. Even after that they had acknowledged the address change they continued to send mail to my previous address.

To date they have refused to supply full ‘copy statements’ for the entire period that they had gone missing. I believe that I did receive a statement for December, although October’s and November’s are still missing.

They have also repeatedly harassed me with sales calls over the past few years, despite being repeatedly told to remove my home telephone number from their system. They had refused to comment on this in writing, prior to their letter of 4th May 2006, and even then it STILL does not state that they will take action over that instruction.

On the 26th April 2006 (see email of the same date) they effectively closed my account. To date they have refused to provide an explanation for this. I had just tried to withdraw £20 of the £25 compensation promised in their letter of 21st April 2006.

The closure of my bank account meant the withdrawal of an offer of employment paying just under £25K per annum. I have not been able to obtain any other employment since then as I have had no bank account and no longer have the means to obtain one. It seems to be standard practice for all employers to insist on payment by BACS. Ideally, I should be able to use recent bank account statements to open a bank account with somebody else. I can’t do that as Barclays refuse to provide them (the requirement is for the three most recent). I have no other documents to confirm my identity as my passport has expired, I lost other documents when I was made homeless and none of the ‘current’ utility bills are in my name as I live in very temporary accommodation. I mention this here as background. I am NOT claiming for Loss of Earnings here as it is beyond the scope of the Small Claims Court. Hopefully, if I am successful in this initial claim against them it will provide enough funds to employ a solicitor to pursue a Loss of Earnings claim for me. It is not possible to employ one on the basis of Legal Aid for such a claim.

Their letter of 4th May 2006 refuses to make any comment on this, nor does any other letter. It does FINALLY confirm that they have sent my personal details to India, contrary to the Data Protection Act and my specific instructions. I believe that they do require permission, contrary to their assertion in letter dated 23rd May 2006. It took over three years to get an answer to this query. I was taught at University that organisations required specific permission to send personal data out of the Country and I have more faith in what my lecturers taught than what they now claim. India has no equivalent legislation to the Data Protection Act.

Towards the end of 2006 several threatening letters were received. The first had no date but was received around the end of November. The others are dated 10th October and 17th October. I had no intention of responding to them, as I did NOT owe them the money claimed. A total of £292.04 had been promised as compensation/ refunds (see letters dated 21st April 2006 , 12th June 2006 , 1st August 2006 . Although the amount claimed of £235.93 includes some interest and other charges that I dispute the £292.04 would have brought my account well into credit. Unfortunately, my mother has the rather annoying habit of going through other peoples’ mail. Fearful that this would adversely reflect the credit rating on the house she paid £250 into my account on 1st December 2006. There has been no reply to my email of 7th August 2006 or 18th December 2006. Prior to them blackmailing my mother into paying them £250 I had decided to allow them to follow their automated processes until the matter reached the Court at which point I would have been able to make my counterclaim. I believe that this would have simplified the matter for me. I have now been left with no choice to pursue this claim against them and I am unsure whether or not the Court will accept it, as I do not have the means to pay the fee (no bank account, therefore not possible to be even paid benefits).

I am unable to use the Banking Ombudsman or Financial Ombudsman Service for the following reasons: -

1) Experience has taught me that they will not even ‘touch’ the matter without a ‘deadlock’ letter from the bank and Barclays refuses to provide one,

2) They have a six month backlog and it is of imperative importance to me to get this matter resolved ASAP so that I can open a bank account and get on with the rest of my life,

3) I have no faith in them to help resolve the matter satisfactorily. I have had previous dealings with them.

I ask the Judge to order the following: -

1) To provide an explanation as to why they effectively terminated my account on 26th April 2006,

2) Provide the means for me to open a new bank account i.e. three months of consecutive/ recent original bank statements,

3) Pay the £1000 maximum personal injury allowed in settlement of the DPA violations, harassment by telephone, the otherwise extremely poor service and in partial settlement of denying me access to a bank account (separate to Loss of Earnings Claim),

4) Refund the £250 that they effectively conned/ blackmailed my mother into paying,

5) Pay ALL the compensation/ refunds promised totalling £292.04.

I have made every effort possible to avoid going to Court (see email correspondence). I have made repeated offers for settlement and they have even refused to pay the paltry amounts of compensation/ refunds of charges that they did offer but never actually paid. ALL correspondence sent and received in regard to this case has been enclosed. They really have left me with no alternative but to pursue this claim against them.

Dated this 12th day of February 2007.

Statement of Truth

I believe that the facts stated in the document named above are true.

Full name: Jake Maverick

Signed: ……………………………………………………….

Claimant