abbey and debt managers ltd

davy22
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5773 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi there,

just hoping for some advice, if possible before contacting debt managers ltd. my overdraft with the abbey was 800. while in the process of cliaming back charges and switching accounts to the ulster bank, they adding 250 in charges to my account for direct debit failures. as part of the process ( started in march last year and after a lot of stalling) they offered 200 back. i refused it but they put it in any way. since then they have been hounding me for £863. this despite my cliam for charges is £1408. they have now closed my account.i had intially agreed to pay this back £50 per month while the court case is pending, but i missed a payment due to hardship over xmas. now they say i have broken the arrangement. i even tried after xmas to pay £50 but my account number is no longer reconised.

i got an "urgent final demand" from debt managers this morning. any thoughts or help would be appreicated.

regards

davy22

Hi, Davy22.

I think you could send them this..........

ACCOUNT IN DISPUTE

Dear Sir/Madam,

Your ref:

Thank you for your letter of **DATE**, the contents of which are noted.

I am disputing the total value of these debts with **BANK** due to unlawful and unreasonable charges. As such, therefore, I consider this account to be in dispute and no further action shall be taken until this matter is resolved.

As per OFT guidelines Section 2.8k "not ceasing collection activity whilst investigating a reasonably queried or disputed debt."

This process may take some time, due to the Office of Fair Trading's test case, but I will try to expedite this issue as a matter of urgency.

I hope that you will enter into a sincere dialogue with me about this matter and I am writing this letter to you on the assumption that you would prefer to do this than merely respond with standard letters and leaflets.

I would appreciate your due diligence in this matter.

I look forward to hearing from you in writing.

Yours faithfully

That should give you some time.

Regards.

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

hi

i have had the same with them they refered me to 2 diffrent ones and then the debt managers of edinburgh i phoned them and told them i was in the middle of the cort procceedings

please feel welcome to see my thread and hope it helps you

abroadgirlvabbey

hugs

abg

Here's abroadgirls thread................

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/abbey-bank/96365-abroadgirl-abbey.html

Regards.

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

• 1 month later...

sorry its taken so long tyvvm scott for adding my thread here ty

i somehow cannot find my thread for the debt collectors etc but am still looking for the help and letters for you i havent forgot

lol

REQUEST FOR COPY AGREEMENT

I refer to your communication asking 1st Credit Ltd to provide you with a copy of the relevant agreement.

We are advising our client of your request. This document will be sent to you as soon as possible. We will not seek to enforce the agreement until we have dealt with your request.

Once you have received a copy of this agreement we would expect you to contact this office immediately to arrange settlement of this debt.

Please call this office should you wish to discuss this matter.

The reply to my partners request went like this:

YOU HAVE RAISED A DISPUTE / QUERY

I refer to your recent communication advising 1st Credit Ltd that you have a dispute / query in relation to this debt.

We will shortly be contacting our client to advise them of your comments. We will contact you with our client's reply in due course. This process may take at least one month.

Unless you are disputing the full balance we must ask you to contact 1st Credit Ltd immediately to discuss payment of the debt amount you accept is due and payable.

Please contact this office to provide a suitable contact number.

This will ensure we are able to deal with this matter quickly and efficiently.

Both our (identical) CCA requests started:

I DO NOT ACKNOWLEDGE ANY DEBT TO YOUR COMPANY OR ANY COMPANY YOU PURPORT TO REPRESENT.

With reference to the above account, I hereby request that you provide me with the following documentation:

1. A true copy of the original executed credit agreement.

2. A true statement of account.

3. A signed true copy of the deed of assignment.

I understand that under the legislation contained within the Consumer Credit Act 1974 (Sections 77−79) .....etc. etc.

will keep looking for you take care

abg

• 3 months later...

Hi I have just read this thread it is my understanding that while bank overdrafts are covered by CCA 1974 they do NOT have to have an agreement so I would just sit on this until the conclusion of the test case.

dpick:)