Spikey vs MBNA

spikeyboy
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6495 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Data Protection Act request letter sent 31st May 2006, heard nothing so sent Stuart Johnson and email, he confirmed reciept and would be sending the details soon.

Still hadnt heard anyhting so email Stuart again, was advised the information was posted to me on Friday.

Still nothing as of this mornings post - how long does it take to get through the post !!!!!

Another email sent this monring to find out if it was actually sent on Friday and to what adddress.

11 days remaining out of the 40 allowed.

Seems they are rather busy at the moment - SS your taking up to much of their time :)

thank you my friend !

For what it's worth, i had a letter from Shane Flynn who used to be their ceo and it took 10 days to arrive. Don't always believe what they tell you about letters being sent. I have been told loads of different stories and very seldom does the letter arrive when you think it will and invariably the date on the letter does not coincide with what they have told you over the phone !

Still nothing in the post, and no response to a chaser emails sent to Stuart Johnson yesterday and today.

Sent a further chaser to Gareth - but no reply.

10th July is the deadline - may need assistance if i dont get by then, im not doing any more chasing now - they have had their chance, although i am wondering if they are sending stuff to the right address as i havent had a statement from them for about 3 months and didnt recieve a confirmation reciept for my DPA request - still this shouldnt matter as i was recieving statements to my current address (moved 2 years ago and advised them of new address) plus my letter stated my current address.

I can now see why so many are hating MBNA.

Still no replies to emails so just rang them - DPA info was sent to my old address!!!! acording to their records i never changed my address, funny how i was receiving statements to my new adress up to around 3 months ago, not to mention i put my current address on the DPA letter.

These guys really are shocking.

spikey, go ballistic mate. ask them what they intend on doing to rectify matters. The fact that somebody else now knows you spending habits is quite embarrassing and what other info have they now got that could be used fraudulently if the new occupiers of that house were that way inclined. Blatant balls up on their part, make them suffer.

Remember, to make a claim through the courts under Data Protection Act you must also suffer damages as well as distress. Record the cost of calls and letters etc and then bang the distress claim on top of that.

Still no replies to emails so just rang them - Data Protection Act info was sent to my old address!!!! acording to their records i never changed my address, funny how i was receiving statements to my new adress up to around 3 months ago, not to mention i put my current address on the DPA letter.

These guys really are shocking.

Ive read about similar things like that, thats happened to other people on here!!!

keep up the good work!!!

Delly x

Halifax cc Won settled in full after moneyclaim.

MBNA WON SETTLED IN FULL....

IKEA Data Protection Act sent 12/7/06 prelim sent 11/08/2006 gone to moneyclaim Ikea said they,d pay up but have yet to see the money

Halifax current Won!!!!!!!!!!!!

Update.

Spoke to MBNA again last week, was advised that the list of fees was sent out to my new address and i would recieve later that week, i asked if it was just a list of fees or full statements so i could work out the interest incured, was advise that it was just a list of the fees, after some twoing and frowing MBNA agreed that they would send another letter with the list of fees and they would calculate the interest.

Letter for list of fees arrived Thursday

Letter with list of fees and interest arrived Friday

Funnly enough in their list of fees with interest they made one mistake by putting an extra £20 charge in - however the final figures listed at the bottom of the page are correct (i know this as i typed out all the fees into excel spread sheets).

spikey, you 're not the first mate but well done. Seems to me that if you get the right person that end you can do it all in one go. I chose not too in order to make their life hell but see no reason why you shouldn't try what is best for you. We must remember though that these guys are trained negiotiators and have the comanies best interest at heart, yet what they will say on the phone can and frequently does differ when it appears in writing.

I held back saying it was settle until the amount had been refunded to my card. I did speak to a few people at MBNA and have to say every one of them was very helpfull. Basically they want to resolve these matters as quickly and painlessly as possible and certainly dont want to go to court.

If anyone one wants details on how to get the matter resolved quickly drop me a PM, there are reasons i dont want to say how on here and will explain in the PM

Thats fantastic mate! well done!!!

:D

Halifax cc Won settled in full after moneyclaim.

MBNA WON SETTLED IN FULL....

IKEA Data Protection Act sent 12/7/06 prelim sent 11/08/2006 gone to moneyclaim Ikea said they,d pay up but have yet to see the money

Halifax current Won!!!!!!!!!!!!