First step

magicmerlz
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6513 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Folks

Found this site Tuesday and am making progress.

Have printed off last 6 years statements and totalled up charges = £1000+ !!!!!!!

I cannot believe how much they have taken!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyway to the point - I have my schedule and initial letter ready and waiting, my question is this - Do I need to send the Data Protection letter first to give them chance to provide 'manual handling' and costs they have incurred (even though I already have my statements). Or can I just push ahead with the initial letter and schedule of charges?

This has been mentioned but there appear to be conflicting opinions.

Donation will definitely be made on successful re-imbursement.

Thanks for any help folks

Magicmerlz

"The world wants to be fooled ... so fool it" - Pavel

Hi Folks

Have printed off last 6 years statements and totalled up charges = £1000+ !!!!!!!

Anyway to the point - I have my schedule and initial letter ready and waiting, my question is this - Do I need to send the Data Protection letter first to give them chance to provide 'manual handling' and costs they have incurred (even though I already have my statements). Or can I just push ahead with the initial letter and schedule of charges?

Magicmerlz

I din't bothere with the dpa letter as i like you had access to all the statements, it seems to me that the standard letter that goes out from the bank following the dpa seem to all say that the only manual intervation is when the account was opened etc.

i'd just send of the first letter and stick to your time table you'll soon have your money

Hi Folks

Magicmerlz

basically the wording within the preliminary letter also asks for evidence of any manual intervention, so your covered from that angle, so off you go and dont forget your charges schedule

HSBC- £4995, settled payment in full

if you found this post helpful, please click the scales (top right of post), ta ;)

if you're not sure what to do?, Read the FAQ's

Unsure about what to claim, or confused about overdraft interest? Charges explanation