Lloyds TSB Advice Required

FergalThang
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5968 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Morning folks, I would be gratfeul if anyone could give some input ona quick question.

Like several people, I have been hit by Llloyds new charges to the tune of £135 for being overdrawn for 8 days whilst on holiday. I have spoken to the branch in the vain hope that they would be reasonable and reduce the charge to their previous level of £30, which it is no surprise they refused to do so.

I am planning on skipping the sending of nice letters to them and taking the matter straight to court.

Now, when I do, I understand that the defence will ask that the case be put on hold pending the decision on the test case, however, given that the charges are in direct contravention of the condition of the waiver should I ask that the court consider the waiver null and void given that the charges have been changed?

Any advice much appreciated.

Everyone is waiting for the Test Case,and until then the Banks are still allowed to make their inflated charges.Suggest you wait and then claim if we still can after the Court decision

I am planning on skipping the sending of nice letters to them and taking the matter straight to court.

I wouldn't recommend it - best to stick to the tried and tested route of Initial Request Letter followed by Letter Before Action and then court action. By that stage things should be clearer re the test case.