Intrum Justitia - Britannia Music Accounts

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5978 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have received two letters from Intrum Justitia regarding two Britannia Music accounts I had years ago, but it's a little bit different to the letters other people have received asking for money to be paid for accounts they believe have been settled.

The letters are dated the 21st December 2007 and they state the following:

Dear Sir/Madam,

Client - Britannia Music

Clients Account Number: ************/****

Intrum Justitia Account Number: **********

As a result of a review here at Intrum Justitia, we have identified that there is an overpayment due to you on the above account.

Our client was not aware of this overpayment until recently and has asked us to refund it directly to you as soon as possible.

In order for us to return this overpayment to you, please telephone us on 0870 333 7015. Should this not be possible then please complete the tear off slip and return it to the address below.

Yours faithfully

Mrs T Smith

__________________________________________________ _____________

To: Intrum Justitia Ltd, PO Box 3252, Stratford Upon Avon, CV37 0ZH

Intrum Justitia Ltd Reference: **********

Please accept this as authorisation to refund the overpayment amount to me on my above numberd account.

If there are any queries, please contact me on telephone number _ _ _ _ _ _.

Signed: _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ Date: _ _ _ _ _ _ _ __

Please print your name: _ _ _ _ _ __ _ __ _ _ __ _ __ _ __ _ _ __ _ __ _

I did get into a bit of trouble with Britannia Music when I had these accounts. I took these accounts out when I was a student and I kept forgetting to send the CD's and DVD's back to them that they sent to me each month, and I didn't pay my bills.

Silly I know but when they sold my account onto Intrum Justitia to claim the money back I owed them, I paid it all back. They did at one point have two Debt Collection Agencies on to me at once for one of the accounts, and I think I paid the money outstanding for the account to each DCA. It as only for about £60 however and I just left it as it was my own silly fault for paying them both. This is the only overpayment I can think of, and I wasn't aware of any overpayment occuring on the other account.

I have moved address and changed my telephone number since I had my accounts with Britannia Music, and I only got these letters because my mail is still re-directed by Royal Mail from my previous address.

Has anyone else received this type of letter from Intrum Justitia? I thought it was a bit odd as I believed that Britannia was in administration from other posts I had read, so I couldn't understand why they were offering me refunds. They also haven't stated how much money was overpaid, which I also found odd.

I am worried because I know that these debts were paid and this letter just seems a bit strange. I was wondering if this was a [problem] to try to get my address and contact details, so that they could state that the money wasn't paid back. I thought it could be a way for them to claw back money. Has anyone else received similar letters from them or can anyone advise on this matter? I don't want to ring them just yet in case it is a [problem] as I don't want debt collectors harrassing me for money that is not owed, and I am not sure I could now prove I paid it as it was a long time ago. :confused:

This is purely a personal opinion, as i think i would be inclined to ignore it if you aren't too bothered about the money - sleeping dogs and all that.

I did wonder if they have bank details for you? Do they say how they are going to refund the payment?

Other possibilities that come to mind:

Write to Britannia to ask for clarification rather than trust the debt collector.

You could ask for a statement of account or do a full Subject Access Request (S.A.R) if you want to clarify what was and wasn't paid.

The only thing i would actually TELL you to do is not to ring them. Keep everything in writing. That way there can be no confusion about what either yourself or the companies have said/agreed to.

I'll keep an eye on this thread to see what path you take. It's certainly an interesting dilemna.

:rolleyes:

I'm midway through the tunnel, but getting closer to the light.

Please be aware that i am not an expert in anything!

I may offer an opinion, but the final decision is yours.