• Tweets

• Asset Link filed for a default CCJ against me, in relation to an old Barclaycard debt which I apparently signed an agreement for back in 2000.   I did not own a Barclaycard in 2000 so I know this is not true.  The CCJ notice was sent to an old address so I did not receive it.  Years later when I found out about the CCJ when I applied for credit, I put an application in to have the CCJ set aside.   As part of the set aside case, I was asked by the judge to provide a draft defence, should the CCJ be set aside.   The defence I provided was that I did not admit to the debt as I had not been provided with any evidence of an original loan agreement.   I won the case and the CCJ was set aside.   Link then filed to court again to make me pay the debt.   We both filed directions questionnaires and the judge allocated the claim to the small claims track.   As part of the directions, additional directions given were as follows ' Additional Directions in a claim for an Assigned Debt - Because the claim is in respect of an assigned debt the Court makes the following directions for the management of claim.  The claim shall be automatically struck out at 4pm on 3 April 2024 unless, before that time, the Claimant delivers to the Court and to the Defendant the following documents'  It then listed various documents such as an original agreement, deed of assignment, notice of default, statement of account setting out how the alleged debt accrued under that agreement etc.     The Claimant failed to provide these documents within the deadline provided and instead I received a copy of a bundle of documents provided by them in preparation for the court date, this was received weeks after the deadline.    I have called the Court to ask if it has been automatically struck out and they advised that it is not automatic and that I should still send my witness statement by the deadline provided, which is Wednesday.  This does not give me much time to prepare my witness statement.   I have never done anything like this before and I am unclear what my witness statement should include.  My thoughts were that I should keep it simple and stick to the facts, like the fact thy have not provided evidence of the original agreement, or the deed of assignment of the debt.   They have provided a copy of a default notice from Baclaycard dated 2015, this states a figure of £550 but the debt they say I owe is £10k.   I am not sure what makes a valid default notice?   I have previously requested proof of the debt from Barclaycard directly and have evidence of emails between us where they have been unable to provide me with the agreement or any documents at all relating to the debt.   Should I include these as an appendix?  Are there any other documents I should include in my bundle?    I have also tried to mediate with the claimants, to save the court costs and time, on a without prejudice basis, but the claimants solicitors refused to mediate.   Should i state this in my witness statement too to show the judge that I have been reasonable and they haven't? Many thanks   Louise
    • Right that's exactly why so many drivers got caught, it had been that way for many years then suddenly changes with no warning
    • The hearing is 25th June, I have downloaded items to different organisations previously but they do it a simple way and I just cross out private things with a felt tip and sent to an email address.  I have looked at the instructions for CAG it seems extremely complicated especially this about having to use a system MSPAINT.EXE that removes your personal information. I am hoping one of my Grandchildren understands things to give me help, I have shown one of my daughters she said she does not understand the instructions. I have a PC and I mainly use a lap top, as previously advised I only understand the straightforward things, sending an email and using my scanner to send a document that I save in a file or send it to an email. I will try and find someone to help me, thanks for your help you have given me so far appreciate it        
    • Yes, it would. Especially as they are supposed to put up extra signs to show that parking restrictions have changed, which of course they won't have done.
    • Right would that be grounds for a dismissal right there then, 90 seconds?! Lookingforinfo - you're getting crossed wires buddy, we're in the hospital thread here, the ICO complaint was my other appeal the Locton estate one   Regards
  • Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Link and old Lloyds Credit Card

odds
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 645 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi odds,

Welcome to the CAG. If you having financial problems with DCA`s or bully banks then your in the right place. There are lots of good people on here with the same and worse problems than you and they all chip together to help each other out.

You can`t make Lloyds sit up and listen, because they are morons, it`s as simple as that.

May I ask when you took the Credit Card out? I mean, how old is the card? I`m in the same position as you, but I haven`t made payments for a few months now, as they have ignored my CCA request.

You should send these morons a CCA request -

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt/20758-creditors-dcas-letter-templates.html

You need letter `N` and also include a £1 Postal Order to cover the request fee. Send it Recorded Delivery or Special Delivery if your funds stretch, or you could even take your addressed envelope into your local Lloyds TSB Branch and hand it over, make sure you get a receit for it.

They have 12+2 days to fulfill your request, after that they are in Default and you can legally stop payments. If they haven`t fulfilled your request after a further 30 calendar days they have then commited a Criminal Offence and you can report them to Trading Standards, The Office Of Fair Trading and The Financial Ombudsman Service, who will charge these morons £400 for investigating your complaint.

DO NOT SIGN your letter, only print your name. They may not have a signed Credit Agreement and you don`t want to give them your signature to copy and paste.

Also, from now on, DO NOT SPEAK to them on the phone, everything must be in writing and keep a copy of all letters sent and received.

If they turn up with a CCA, then you could scan it up on here (excluding private information) for others to check, it may be invalid.

As I mentioned earlier, LLoyds are a bully bank and there are a lot of people on here with a lot of problems with them.

I CCA`d them a few months ago, and they have totally blanked my request. They even used the £1 to pay towards the Credit Card. They are still demanding money from me and have started the nastly threatograms. But, they are now in Criminal ground, so every move they make against me builds my defense. I haven`t paid them for around 3-4 months now, and if they do turn up with a valid CCA, I will defend on Unlawfull charges and missold PPI.

I think that`s all for now, no doubt someone with more knowledge and experience will be along soon to guide you on your way.

I hope this helps, if so, please click the scales at the bottom of your window, thanks.

I`ll watch with great interest.

You`ve already made the best move you can, by coming on here.

Good luck and keep us posted.

Regards

N.P

If I have helped or made you laugh in any way in your hour of need, then please click my scales <<<<<<<<<< ;)

Hi again,

One more thought, how old is your loan. You can CCA loans also.

Remember, if they don`t have a valid CCA, then you can legally stop payments and that will put you in the driving seat with these muppets. Of course they will still bully and intimidate you but can`t make you pay without a CCA. Of course, this is if your CC and load are under the Consumer Credit Act 1974 and not the new 2006 Act.

Remember, everything in writing now!

Regards

N.P

If I have helped or made you laugh in any way in your hour of need, then please click my scales <<<<<<<<<< ;)

Hi barneydouble,

You`ve just reminded me actually about using a different bank account.

Yes, you should also setup a new account with another bank now, this will stop them taking any money you have.

Have you also CCA`d them barney? Perhaps you should start your own thread on this.

Regards

N.P

Hi odds,

We`re not suggesting you use this information to get out of debt, more like to take control of it.

you say you need a few months grace while you get yourself sorted out. That may be the case, but everyone knows the chances of the Bank being NICE to you is very slim. They are more likely to lash you with missed payment charges and higher interest than to try and help you.

Bankruptcy is the VERY BOTTOM line, you have a long way to go before you hit rock bottom.

As you have already found out, the Bank has completely blanked your communications, so you should think of other ways to tackle this.

I have been with TSB (Lloyds TSB) for 22 years and they have never helped me once, lashed with charges when things went pear shaped but tried to help by offering me a £25,000 loan to get out of debt, yeah, right.

You could try the CCA route and if they don`t have the correct documents, it would totally put the ball in your court, where you could keep it for a while.

I`m sure others on here will have their own opions on this also.

Keep fighting.

Regards

N.P

Hi odds,

No worries mate. I know exactly what you mean. I used to be the most honest guy around, always paying my way and helping others when I can, but as soon as you start having problems with money, for whatever reason, the Banks don`t seem to care. They just want you money and nothing else.

It`s a known fact that Britain is pretty much bankrupt, but who`s fault is that. I`d say the Banks and Lenders for irresponsible lending, and then bombarding us with loans and credit cards.

We can`t tell you what to do, but maybe it`s time that you fought back. The thing, we are all acting in a legal manner, it`s the Banks and DCA`s that often go over the line, with their threatening and intimidating manner.

Any time you feel you need to talk and get anything off your chest, you know where to find us.

Stop worrying, you`ll find lots of advice in here and also make new friends along the way.

Regards

N.P

Hi Goldlady,

Thanks for adding your own experiences. I personnaly think odds may need a kick start to get going with this one, so the more that joins in with their input, the better. I know I was nervous about taking on the DCA`s and Banks, but once you start you can`t see, to get enough of it, LOL.

Is your Credit Card with Lloyds TSB also? How old is your card? Are you still paying these muppets? Do you have a thread I can subb to?

Regards

N.P

Hi odds,

There is a Telephone Harassement Template on this site somewhere, not sure where though, I can`t seem to find it. Does anyone know where this is?

Your probably best off NOT speaking to them from now on. Simply keep logging calls and times, they will soon give in if you don`t speak to them, we have ALL been through it. The calls WILL dwindle away.

Once you get the letter awy to them, and they still keep calling, you could then report the numpties to Trading Standards. Or, even start legal action if they are seriously annoying you. But remember, they are calling to bull**** you into paying loads of money you can`t afford, so you need to start your own ball rolling on this ASAFP.

Keep us posted mate.

Regards

N.P

Hi odds,

I`ve finally found what I was looking for. Have a read through this thread - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collectors-debt-collection/99361-you-being-harassed-telephone.html

Also, you may like to fire off this letter to the empty heads that have nothing else in their life, other than to annoy the hell out of you -

MORONS COMPANY NAME

MORONS STREET

MORONS TOWN

MORONS CITY

MORONS POSTCODE

DATE HERE

Re: Harassment By Telephone

Administration Of Justice Act 1970

Protection From Harassment Act 1997, Communications Act (2003)

Dear Morons,

ACCOUNT NUMBER: XXXXXXX

I am writing in relation to the quantity and frequency of telephone calls that we have received from your company, which I deem to be personally harassing.

I have verbally requested that these stop on a number of occasions, yet we are still receiving calls.

I now require all further correspondence from your company to be made in WRITING ONLY.

I am of the view that your continued harassment of me by telephone puts you in breach of Section 40 of the Administration of Justice Act 1970, and the Protection from Harassment Act 1997.

If you continue to harass me by telephone, you will also be in breach of the Communications Act (2003) s.127 and I will report you to OFCOM, Trading Standards and The Office Of Fair Trading, meaning that you will be liable to a substantial fine.

Be advised that any further telephone calls from your company will be logged and recorded and used as evidence in any harassment action taken against you.

Yours faithfully,

ME (PRINT - DON`T SIGN)

Right, that should do the trick, anything else, just ask.

Regards

N.P

Hi odds and Goldlady,

Glad to see your feeling better. You know, you don`t really have anything to lose by CCA`ing them. It seem`s your in trouble anyway whichever way you turn, so you might as well do things your way.

Whack a CCA request into them and see what they come up with. If they do come up with a valid one then fling a SAR at them to see if any unlawfull charges have been applied. Like I said, you have nothing to lose now. Let them know you know you ****, even if you don`t we are here to help you along the way. You will even start to enjoy the challenge once you fire off your first letter, beleive me. The days of the Banks and Debt Collectors bulling people are long gone, although they still try, LOL.

And, like Goldlady mentioned, they prayed on you when you were down and vulnerable, it`s all about money with them, and nothing else. Your just another statistic who owe`s money. To us, your a friend who need`s help. Just ignore all the bolshy crap, it`s just bully tactics and intimidation techniques.

Also, giving you another loan when they even said you couldn`t afford payments, well, what a bunch of muppets! They owe you an explanation as to why they are trying to trap you into debt.

Regards

N.P

• Haha 1

Hi odds,

Yep, I`m still up, nothing else to do at this time of night. Sleeping is a waste of time, LOL.

Maybe a full SAR including any manual intervention would show the check up. If it doesn`t then maybe, they haven`t furnished you with full / all details.

A SAR would also show any unlawfull charges on the account.

Wether he was correct or not, he still went ahead and over rid the system to give you the loan, when the system clearly said you would struggle. To me, that is simply a case of giving you a loan in order to get even more out of you in the end. Perhaps, they didn`t have a valid agreement for the original loan and decided to get you to sign a proper agreement the second time around to cover themselves. It`s been known to happen.

Regards

N.P

Hi odds,

Did you receive your letter this morning? Can you scan it up on here or type it out? Don`t forget to leave out the private details.

I beleive a Judge will say that if you posted your letters then they WILL have delivered, providing you have proof of postage.

Also, like I and others have said, Lloyds TSB are complete morons, who seem to think they are TOO BIG to act inside the law, so they just completely ignore anything you have to say or write.

It`s time for a CCA request, then they will have to replay in the correct manner in order for them to enforce the alleged debt. No CCA - Unenforcable Debt - Stale Mate (did I spell that properley?). That then puts you in a position to lead the way then.

Let us know.

Regards

N.P

Hi Pete,

Yeah, I`ve had a couple of those, just standard boring crap really.

Even after I CCA`d the idiots I still received one of them and last week I received a different one, which was a bit more interesting. They still haven`t complied with my CCA request, so I don`t have to give them a thing, which is legal.

Do you have any charges on this account?

What are you going to do next?

Regards

N.P

Hi Pete,

How you doing, I`ve just got back in.

It seems they don`t really care. You might as well throw a spanner in the works and CCA them for both accounts. Each CCA request will cost you £1 anyway. As you have found out, they are adding charges on, they will also add on a missed payment charge on top on that, the imbeciles are with me.

You can send all the letters you like but that doesn`t mean they`ll pay attention to their contents, if they actually read them. However, if you CCA them and they ignore that then the law is on your side and you can then legally stop payments and report them to the powers that be.

Also, at some point if you don`t keep up to date with your payments they may try to get a CCJ against you to make you pay and that will only stress you even more and wouldn`t really be good for your recovery. The Courts may go in your favour but you never know. Get the CCA in before they get a CCJ in.

If you need a CCA letter let us know and i`ll dig you one out, that`s if someone doesn`t beat me to it.

Regards

N.P

Hi odds,

Is that all they sent you? LOL I`ve had a few of them, it`s just standard boring stuff that.

This is the last one I received last week some time -

Dear N.P

Despite our previous letter the following account is still in arrears and arrangement has been made. It would appear that this account is currently a low priority to you.

Account Number: Mine

Arrears: £451.16

If payment has not been made you must ensure it is made immediately AND that you contact us on the above telephone number, at which time we would expect an explanation of your account conduct to date, so that we may decide on the appropriate collection and recovery action.

We are open for telephone contact between 8am and 9pm Monday to Friday and 8am to 5pm on Saturday. Calls may be recorded and/or monitored in order to ensure security for our customers and staff and to help maintain service quality.

Please be assured that the consequences of not giving this matter the most urgent attention could be severe and may include addiitional charges, a negative affect on your credit rating and the possibility of legal action.

Yours sincerely

squiggle

Collections Centre.

Who the hell do they think they are making demands that I contact them and explain my account conduct. I don`t explain myself to no-one, LOL. The only words they`ll get is a load of abuse. What a bunch of morons!

If your reading this morons, where the F*&$K is me CCA?

Odds, if your unable to pay and they are still blanking you, it`s time to do your own thing!

Regards

N.P

Hi there,

Like I said, they do what THEY WANT, regardless of how nice you are to them, wether you try to pay or not.

If you have Internet Banking, log in and change your Telephone details, just put 12345678 or something like that.

Just remember though, EVERYTHING IN WRITING, not that they`ll read it.

N.P

Hi odds,

I too had a letter from Lloyds TSB today.

It wasn`t the Credit Card CCA I`ve been waiting for but a letter regarding my Current Account from some ball bag called Richard Cranium, Heh heh.

It just waffled on with some dribble as they`ve noticed I haven`t paid anything in for a couple of months and I`m over my overdraft. Well, Derrrrrrr, that`s because I HAVEN`T put anything in because if I did they would steal it for the Credit Card which I`m not paying.

If they took the charges off I wouldn`t be over the damn overdraft.

What a bunch of bum wipes!

These people are as much use as our toilet paper which I poked my finger through earlier :p

Regards

N.P

P.S. Thanks for the scales click earlier ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi odds,

How you doing?

I too also received a copy of that letter word for word.

It seems it doesn`t matter what you do they just do whatever they like, so is there any point in even trying?

I`m still waiting for my CCA, yet they sent me a Default Notice with Solicitor action following that.

I`m not budging an inch to these buffoons.

Let them get their million dollar Solicitors onto us, we`ll fling a couple of CAG letters back in return, LOL.

Regards

N.P

• 2 weeks later...

Hi odds,

You say your Credit Limit has been dropped from £10,500 - £10,200. That seems like a lot of credit you have there, or did you mean your Balance? I`m wondering if you mean balance, because they may have taken £300 worth of charges off.

What is the actual balance on this card? Do you have any charges on this card? Are you in the red on this card? Just wondering, as like I say £10,000+ credit on a card is a lot. How old is this card?

I have £5,600 credit on mine, but mine is over 5 years old.

Did you ever CCA and SAR this account? Perhaps you should as soon as possible. They usually close the account when they start their reclaim process, either by their Solicitors or Debt Collectors.

CCA and SAR them immediately if you haven`t done so already. I beleive your due a heart opp soon, the last thing you want is a load of stress and chew from these clowns.

If you CCA them you might be lucky if that they may not have a enforceable CCA, then you can get control back.

If they issue a Court claim, you should CCA them anyway as part of your defence. Tell the Judge you used that as a last resort as the Bank were being total morons and not helping your situation at all.

Also, do you have a Current Account with Lloyds? I beleive you have, but I`m not sure. If you do, do you have an overdraft on this you are using? If you have they may add this to your Card Account and also you Loan Account and go for the FULL whack from you. Sorry to sound like a downer, but it`s happened to people plenty of times.

As usual, watching with interest.

Regards

N.P

Hi odds,

Well, you have been told Lloyds TSB don`t give a **** about their customers. It`s about time you beleive it.

Perhaps a SAR and CCA are in order now. Like I said, if they take you to Court, just say you used that as a last option. They`ll probably blank that too, as they have mine, but at least you can then legally withhold payments.

I`m still waiting for mine.

Regards

N.P

I'm only paying them £1 a month. They keep thanking me for my £1, so they must be gratefull for it. :)

Morning Pete,

No, I don`t think they are gratefull at all. It prints `PAYMENT RECEIVED - THANK YOU` on every statement, everytime you pay something in. It`s totaly autamated, just like the mailing system. No one actually reads anything.

Let`s not forget, the statement reads pay us £370 IMMEDIATELY or we`ll destroy your world.

You could wait until you receive a lettrer from their Solicitors, Silly Clark & Michelle then see what happens.

Regards

N.P

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there,

Has anyone heard any more news from Pete? how`s he doing?

Just a thought, when he`s ready to come back on CAG he may want to ask for this thread to be moved back to the Debt Collection forums, so we can keep an eye on it.

It seems to have been mixed up in the recent crash. I`m sure he has another one someone, I`ll dig that out too.

Regards

N.P

• 2 weeks later...

Hi odds,

It`s good to here from you again mate. Just get plenty of rest and you`ll get there in the end.

Yeah, like I keep saying, Lloyds are just a complete bunch of knob jockeys. I received that same letter myself, but the week before last I received a FULL IN FULL NOW OR WE`LL SUE YOU! letter from their Solicitors. However, the fools still haven`t supplied my CCA. I sent a suitable letter back and I haven`t heard anything from them since, although I`m expecting something soon.

Just post a message on your thread that you`d like your thread moved back to General Debt and when a Mod spots it he/she will move it for you.

Have a check on my Lloyds Mastercard thread to see where I`m at so far, I`ve a funny feeling you`ll be going along the same lines.

Right, time for bed, it`s a 6-2 on Fridays, catch you later.

Regards

N.P

Hi Pete,

Hope you mending real quick mate, looks like your going to have to to sort these clowns out.

Like I`ve been saying all along, they don`t care about you, they just want your money, so fight back anyway you can.

At least once you CCA them you will then have a clear and legal dispute, that will just play into your hands if they still muck you about.

It`s getting on now, so I`ll dig out my CCA and follow-ups for you sometime tomorrow, probably in the evening, then you can get them checked over from others if you want, ready to post Monday.

Let the beatings begin!

Right, have a good rest mate, catch you tomorrow some time.

Regards

N.P