Moorcrft Stupidity

PGH7447
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5843 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Equidebt's letter is a red herring/delaying tactic. Whatever other dispute there may have been, their default of the CCA request effectively stopped everything in its tracks.

Dear Sirs

I sent a formal request pursuant to s.77/78 of the CCA 1974 on (date), and since you remain in default, any demand for payment is unlawful.

Until this request is fully and properly complied with, I am unable to enter into further correspondence.

If you do not understand this letter, you should ask a grown-up to help you.

I'd be tempted to add that if they want copies of the correspondence, you will supply it at a cost of, say £50 plus an SAE.

Going to send this, can someone have a look and see if it is ok

Dear Sir/Madam

I am disappointed that you feel that I am not telling the truth regarding this alleged debt to be in dispute, however to facilitate your investigations I have laid out below the reasons for the dispute.

In November 2007 I was initially approached by Moorcroft regarding the above account. I entered into what I thought was meaningful dialogue with Moorcroft and offered to pay towards this debt without first establishing if they Moorcroft had the rights to collect on the said debt

To this end I offered to pay £20 a month (which is the sum total of what I can afford), this was met by what can only be described as underhand tactics by Moorcroft.

I consequently sent a formal request pursuant to s.77/78 of the CCA 1974 on

31 December 2007. To which Moorcroft replied on 10 January 2008 that they were contacting the Original Creditor for said agreement.

After the statutory period of 12 Days this account fell into dispute due to

Non-compliance of Moorcroft to supply the relevant agreement.

After a further 30 days Moorcroft had still failed to supply the requested agreement and subsequently committed a criminal offence.

You then wrote to me on the 14 March 2008 demanding payment for said debt, (this is I believe against OFT rules that demands for payment cannot be made whilst an account is in dispute).

I replied to your initial letter stating this, in the mean time Moorcroft eventually replied on 26 March 2008 that they were unable to provide a copy of the requested agreement.

Consequently until the requested agreement is supplied by either Moorcroft; Equidebt or the original creditor, this account remains in Dispute.

If you require me to supply photocopies of all correspondence to support this train of events I would be more than happy to oblige, however the cost of my time and materials would be met by Equidebt.

Thanks once again

SP is correct. What has happened is that Moorcroft has been unable to produce a valid CCA so passed the debt further down the food chain to another bottom feeder.

Personally I would not go into the detail you have in your response

Dear Sir/Madam

I refer to your letter dated XXXXX the contents of which are noted

On 31/12/07 I sent a formal request pursuant to s.77/78 of the CCA 1974 to Moorcroft who responded on 10 January 2008 that they were contacting the Original Creditor for said agreement.

To date no documentation has been forthcoming from Moorcroft and consequently they are in DEFAULT of my LEGAL REQUEST.You As this alleged debt is now in serious dispute with Moorcroft I suggest you return it to them as I have no intentions of having any further discussions with you regarding this matter.

Future correspondence from you will be treated as harassment and reported to TS and the OFT.

I trust I make my position clear.

yours etc

Cheers ODC, Like your response better than mine thanks a lot :)

Sorry about the earlier post re the sick eagle, it completely threw me:o

When writing to DCAs keep it brief as it makes it easier for them to understand;)

• 1 month later...

Quick update, received a stack of statements from equidebt but still no CCA, so this DCA is well and truly in default as well now, will compose a nice letter today and tell them to get lost