carcraft refuse to supply and fit new engine

leroist
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5975 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

i resently purchased an 2001 toyota MR2 from car craft and after a month of owning it the engine started making a ticking noise. i instantly had the car took in to be looked at then the end seized while they were getting it on the ramp. days earlyer i fitted an after market air filter and was told if i removed it they would carry out the required work under warranty. when realizing the cost of the work they then told me they were unable to carry out work at all and if i wanted it fixed i would have to pay £1800. after sending a very direct email they agreed to supply me an reconditioned engine but would have to get it fitted my self. what should i do because they are obviously backing away due to the price of the job what they were willing to fix it befor they realised the cost. they are using the air filter as an excuse even though it could never of caused the problem

Was it a K&N Air Filter by any chance. If so look at K&N's web site, dig around and you will find a section about refusal to warrany work. Get carcraft to put it in writing why they won't fix a warrantable item, the engine, and why, the Air Filter. My guess is they won't do this as they won't be able to come up with a good enough reason.

Reject car under sale of goods act, quickly.

Hammy

44 years at the pointy end of the motor trade. :eek:

GARUDALINUX.ORG

Garuda Linux comes with a variety of desktop environments like KDE, GNOME, Cinnamon, XFCE, LXQt-kwin, Wayfire, Qtile, i3wm and Sway to choose from.

Was it a K&N Air Filter by any chance. If so look at K&N's web site, dig around and you will find a section about refusal to warrany work. Get carcraft to put it in writing why they won't fix a warrantable item, the engine, and why, the Air Filter. My guess is they won't do this as they won't be able to come up with a good enough reason.

Reject car under sale of goods act, quickly.

Hammy

thanks hammy

they have now said they are going to get an idependent inspection done on the car but as it stands they still do not want to pay for the car to be fixed is there any thing else i can do or shall i just wait?