ltd company debt

cubicman
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6016 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi there i hope somebody could help. i have a ltd company which had a lease on a pub. we were evicted from the pub due to rent arrears. the lease was in my own name, not the company name. this isnt the issue as the lease was dissolved with no further action. the issue is this, i have not informed companies house that the company isnt trading, although i have sent off the 652a form only the other day. i have an outstanding bill in the ltd company name for £2k with total gas. they have rang me (or atleast their legal people have) and said that me as a company director is fully liable for that ltd company debt of £2k. i have not signed any personall guarentees with anybody. the legal people said that because the ltd company is still seen as trading i am personally liable for this debt. they also said that they will look at my own assest to regain the amount. is this true as i have been told by a free advice company, a gentleman who was very kind, that this is incorrect and that he said these people use legal words and agression to try it on so to speak.

regards

cubic man

hi there i hope somebody could help. i have a ltd company which had a lease on a pub. we were evicted from the pub due to rent arrears. the lease was in my own name, not the company name. this isnt the issue as the lease was dissolved with no further action. the issue is this, i have not informed companies house that the company isnt trading, although i have sent off the 652a form only the other day. i have an outstanding bill in the ltd company name for £2k with total gas. they have rang me (or atleast their legal people have) and said that me as a company director is fully liable for that ltd company debt of £2k. i have not signed any personall guarentees with anybody. the legal people said that because the ltd company is still seen as trading i am personally liable for this debt. they also said that they will look at my own assest to regain the amount. is this true as i have been told by a free advice company, a gentleman who was very kind, that this is incorrect and that he said these people use legal words and agression to try it on so to speak.

regards

cubic man

Found this:

"If you have a Limited company you are limiting your personal liabilities. A Limited Company is a legal entity in it's own right. You are not personally liable for the company's debts, as long as you have traded legally or you have not given personal guarantees regarding contracts or suppliers etc. If things go wrong the creditors are paid out of the company's assets not from your own personal assets"

thanks for taking the time to reply. its so confusing because i have read so many things and come to the same conclusion that i am not liable for the debt. but these people use tactics that make you believe them. i spoke to a guy from an advice company from the web, he laughed when i told him what they have said to me. he said i may get struck off the directors list... please do... i will never have my own business as long as i live and breath... it was a nightmare. i didnt give anybody any personal guarentees at all, and all debts are in the ltd company name.

once again thank you so much for taking the time to reply to my message, its good to know there are decent people out there.... xx

cubicman