• Tweets

• Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

HFC BANK Marbles card and CCA issues mr.p.

phatram
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4942 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

this is HFC tact - we are also having a wrangle with them.....i am waiting to hear from them as i have already informed them that they can not proceed with any further action as the account is in dispute.

Northern Rock - loan - £6000

Beneficial credit card - £12+

GM Card - £13+

will have to look up the others have about 21 debtors totalling about £175,000

Hi phatram,

i think now is the time to gather all your documentation, collate it appropiately, and send it recorded to the oft, trading standards, the information commissioners office, and the fos. Post the docs ASAP, then wait for your replies, meanwhile as you have stated to the bank via your CCA request, (that they have failed to properly act on), they are not by law to alter you credit file while they are in default, any such doings constitute as criminal acts, as a bank should know better this will count against them also. Only If you are absolutely positive that they have failed in their duty to supply you with all of the documents that are consistant and part of your CCA ,should you stand firm,and make copies of all documentation, if they wish to take the matter to court then they would be rather foolish, i think that maybe this is to make you panic and submit you, to get what they want from you,as i said only if you are completley sure they have not done what you have lawfully requested of them ,stand firm, collate and copy all documentation, then send it to the above groups ASAP.

Stuffem!!!

Regards gordon

HFC

BANK

PO Box 3607, Birmingham, Bl 2XJ

Your complaint is being investigated by: Annette Mulligan Central Complaints Telephone: 0845 602 3793

Mon-Fri at 9:00am-5:00pm

19 February 2008

Dear Mr xxxxxxxx

Re: Account xxxx xxxx xxxx xxxx

Thank you for your letter of 8 December 2007 informing us of your further concerns. Your letter has been referred to me for investigation as a member of the Central Complaints Department. Please be advised that I would have been happy to address your concerns verbally, however, we do not currently have your telephone number on file.

May I begin by apologising for the delay in responding to your concerns, which are that the legal agreement provided to you is illegible. Please find enclosed a further copy for your ease of reference.

I trust that you have received my final response letter which clarifies our position in this matter, however, should you have any further queries please do not hesitate to contact the office.

Yours sincerely

Annette Mulligan Operations Manager Central Complaints

HFC Bank Limited is authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority. Registered Office: North Street, Winkfield, Windsor, Berkshire SL4 4TD. Registered in England No. 1117305.

Member HSBC

Group91900.1103L

The "copy" sent is still as bad as the first one and in big letters it says

YOUR PRIORITY APPLICATION FOR THE MARBLES CARD

Then,

credit agreement regulated by the consumer credit act 1974

this agreement is made betweenus, HFC bank plc whose registered office is at north street winkfield windsor berkshire and You the customer named below.

Application subject to status.

Application Number xxxxxxxxx Version 1

Most of the small print down the right hand side is illegible with words and in some cases whole sentences missing or blurred.

HFC

BANK

PO Box 3607, Birmingham, Bl 2XJ

Your complaint is being investigated by: Annette Mulligan Central Complaints Telephone: 0845 602 3793

Mon-Fri at 9:00am-5:00pm

19 February 2008

Dear Mr xxxxxxxx

Re: Account xxxx xxxx xxxx xxxx

Thank you for your letter of 8 December 2007 informing us of your further concerns. Your letter has been referred to me for investigation as a member of the Central Complaints Department. Please be advised that I would have been happy to address your concerns verbally, however, we do not currently have your telephone number on file.

May I begin by apologising for the delay in responding to your concerns, which are that the legal agreement provided to you is illegible. Please find enclosed a further copy for your ease of reference.

I trust that you have received my final response letter which clarifies our position in this matter, however, should you have any further queries please do not hesitate to contact the office.

Yours sincerely

Annette Mulligan Operations Manager Central Complaints

HFC Bank Limited is authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority. Registered Office: North Street, Winkfield, Windsor, Berkshire SL4 4TD. Registered in England No. 1117305.

Member HSBC

Group91900.1103L

The "copy" sent is still as bad as the first one and in big letters it says

YOUR PRIORITY APPLICATION FOR THE MARBLES CARD

Then,

credit agreement regulated by the consumer credit act 1974

this agreement is made betweenus, HFC bank plc whose registered office is at north street winkfield windsor berkshire and You the customer named below.

Application subject to status.

Application Number xxxxxxxxx Version 1

Most of the small print down the right hand side is illegible with words and in some cases whole sentences missing or blurred.

Sorry,

this letter arrived today.

Hi Phatram,

To be really honest.... if this is what they have sent you, and if this is what they consider to be a "True executed copy of a legal document", then i am affraid we are both dealing with the creme de la creme of true amatures.

Section 77 s1(a)(b)© are fully explained in the Consumer Credit Act 1974, if they cannot read or they are just blatantly stupid (both points being correct in my view of course) then they do not have a case and the credit/finance or loan agreement you have with them is still in dispute..

Regards Gordon

Hi Phatram,

Gather a copy of all the letters you have sent them regarding your request for your CCA, then also type up a letter stating that they have failed on your numerous requests, then go to John Antell barrister and download the Consumer Credit Act 1974, then look through it carefully (sections 77-79), then create your letter and also state that this letter is you final response to this saga, that they cannot alter/charge or display and penalty of any form while the account is in dispute,then as i said in previous threads,collate all your documentation including the final response that you have typed up, then forward all documentation to Trading Standards, The Commissioners Office, The office Of Fair Trading, and the Financial Ombudsman,(all recorded delivery) then sit and wait.

Regards Gordon

Ah... Ms. Mulligan... I have also had the "pleasure" :rolleyes: . Her letter is quite polite, but her next one will probably cut you dead after she runs out of things to say. I've adapted my own response to her to suit your own situation.... send by rec. delivery and keep the receipt.

Dear Ms. Mulligan,

Your Ref : xxxxxxx

Thank you for your letter of xx/xx in response to my legal request and complaint.

A I stated in my previous correspondence to xxxxxxx however, the document that HFC have so far provided is nothing more than a pre-contractual Application Form; complete with application number. It contains no prescribed terms, APR, credit limit and/or terms and conditions. Therefore, contrary to the comments in your letter as well as in xxxxxxx’s, this document does not represent a legally binding Agreement under the above Act, whether legible or not. In fact, with the application documents that you have so far supplied on two occasions, the account remains legally unenforceable, under The Consumer Credit Act, 1974; section 127 (3).

Please be advised that any legal action you may be contemplating now or in the future will be vigorously defended on the basis of continuing to re-enforce an unenforceable document.

I trust this clarifies my position and yours and look forward to your considered response in due course.

Yours sincerely,

Hi Phatram,

Below is an example of the kind of things you could include along with P1's example, edit as you see fit.

http://i272.photobucket.com/albums/jj161/nodrog1972/GordonHFCCCAresponsemain1a.jpg

http://i272.photobucket.com/albums/jj161/nodrog1972/GordonHFCCCAmainresponse1b.jpg

Hope this will help you out.

Regards Gordon

Gordon, my only concern with your letter is that you're chasing that Agreement, when it's actually in your interests for them not to find it. :cool:

Nevertheless, you've made it reasonably clear that what they have is unenforceable and (hopefully) this should stop them from playing silly bergers and passing the account over for litigation.

:)

Hi P1,

I understand what your saying as i have the agreement ,BUT!, not as what is expected of them, there have been times where i've given pointers for them to chase knowing fine well they cant come up with the goods,and knowing their replys are bascially rubbish, as in the past, the info they have used not been truthfull, ie the info they have provided the FOS about me, and i send those pointers so that they reply accordingly, and as it has happens they are doing themselves no justice what so ever in their replies, as they are completely incorrect, so that leaves me to collect all of the info they send and have sent, to build a case which they can not get out of, i mean it is partly to do with them owing me £5000 in PPI, but i'd rather give them a big fight in order to discredit their way of doing buisness, in my case it's personal.

Thanks again for your outlook....i think most case's seek the same diligence, but the results can be for different reasons.

Kind Regards Gordon

Hi Phatram,

Gather a copy of all the letters you have sent them regarding your request for your CCA, then also type up a letter stating that they have failed on your numerous requests, then go to John Antell barrister and download the Consumer Credit Act 1974, then look through it carefully (sections 77-79), then create your letter and also state that this letter is you final response to this saga, that they cannot alter/charge or display and penalty of any form while the account is in dispute,then as i said in previous threads,collate all your documentation including the final response that you have typed up, then forward all documentation to Trading Standards, The Commissioners Office, The office Of Fair Trading, and the Financial Ombudsman,(all recorded delivery) then sit and wait.

Regards Gordon

Hi Gordon,

the link doesn't work for me.

Regards

P

Pretty irrelevent really - but just a quick question - why did you cca them in the first place?

and is there a template to cca a credit card company floating about please?

I ask because I am pretty disappointed with Marbles. I have had an account with them for about 7 years and had never missed a payment. I then ran into financial problems last year and Marbles were the only credit card to refuse a reduced rate with no interest until I was sorted. I was only paying 5% interest so I wasnt that bothered at the time. Then my interest rate went up to 19% (after the Balance Transfer Promotion finished) and now this month, they have put up my interest rate to 26.9% without even a please or a thank you from them. I was paying £105 a month but now this means I will only be paying £25 off a month. It still says on my statement that my credit limit is £8500 and I have available credit of over £4000 though although they have told me that I cannot use my card. They also screwed me for 5 * £12 late admin charges of which I managed to get 3 refunded ;)

Do I need to start a new thread - I wouldn't want to hijack this one :)

Letter N;

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-bailiffs-advice/20758-creditors-dcas-letter-templates.html

Yes please;

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/welcome-consumer-forums/107001-how-do-i-dummies.html

Pretty irrelevent really - but just a quick question - why did you cca them in the first place?

I ask because I am pretty disappointed with Marbles. I have had an account with them for about 7 years and had never missed a payment. I then ran into financial problems last year and Marbles were the only credit card to refuse a reduced rate with no interest until I was sorted. I was only paying 5% interest so I wasnt that bothered at the time. Then my interest rate went up to 19% (after the Balance Transfer Promotion finished) and now this month, they have put up my interest rate to 26.9% without even a please or a thank you from them. I was paying £105 a month but now this means I will only be paying £25 off a month. It still says on my statement that my credit limit is £8500 and I have available credit of over £4000 though although they have told me that I cannot use my card. They also screwed me for 5 * £12 late admin charges of which I managed to get 3 refunded ;)

I CCA'd them for pretty much the same reasons you will be doing it.

But my problems with them only started after I claimed back charges.