Help

Fernanda
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6539 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have looking into this matter of bank charges and was considering going through the process because I have been charged before and haven't got a clue how much...

I am strugling to get past the first step though. If you don't know how much you have been charged in bank charges, what's the first letter that I need to send and to whom?

FD current acc. - £742.44

FD joint acc. - £494.09

Preliminary letter sent: 05.07.06

LAB letter sent: 21.07.06

Hi and welcome to the site.

Please have a thorough read through the FAQs - there is lots of important information including a step-by-step guide which tells you which letters to send and when.

Good luck!

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Hi

your first letter is the request for statements using the DPA template. you ask for the last 6 years statements. you will find the details in the library.

i would also pay to take a little time reading FAQ section this will make the process a little less daunting and even enjoyable.

Good Luck.

Thanks lillboy

Bogus Charges £499.00 LBA 1/06/06

Refund of £299.00 now sent Data Protection Act:)

GE Capital NEXT

Thank you for such a quick response... I actually think I have all my statements in a box somewhere, so I just need to summarise all the charges for the past 6 years...

FD joint acc. - £494.09

well now

Get out your calculator and work out much this company owes you and send prelim letter asking for you dosh back. it's so rewarding!(not that ive got mine yet) but very hopefull.

Thanks lillboy

Bogus Charges £499.00 LBA 1/06/06

Refund of £299.00 now sent Data Protection Act:)

GE Capital NEXT

Just thought, does this only apply to overdraft fee's? I presume they are within their right to charge you interest on the negative balance on the account.

FD joint acc. - £494.09