• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Lloyds, I won but still no money

Bluuemoney
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5959 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Got a letter from LLoyds a month ago, I they agreed to pay back my Loan Insurance money.:-D

Signed the form and posted it back.

I've telephoned and spoken to the person in charge three times, who keeps saying the money will be in my account soon, but a few days short of a month nothing.:-?

What should I do.

Got a letter from LLoyds a month ago, I they agreed to pay back my Loan Insurance money.:-D

Signed the form and posted it back.

I've telephoned and spoken to the person in charge three times, who keeps saying the money will be in my account soon, but a few days short of a month nothing.:-?

What should I do.

Hello Bluuemoney

Are you one of a twin or am I just seeing double:p

If any of my posts are helpful, please feel free to click my scales. All information is given as my opinion only, based on my own personal experiences. I have no legal training, but have educated myself in aspects of consumer legislation. My motto "NEVER GIVE IN, NEVER SURRENDER", THERE IS A WAR ON YOU KNOW

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

i too have been told i will have my ppi refunded in full plus interest..that was the 14 november..and they said in a letter it would be within 21 days..which should have been sorted by the 5th of dec...i waited until the 14th and sent a mail via internet banking wno enquired and got back to me to say there had been a delay..but it would be paid within 10 days..which is today. still no money and they have taken another payment out of my loan account. this should have been closed as the insurance they owde was more than the amount left on the loan.

i also sent a fax to the person who agreed to repay me...and nothing.

also i phoned on friday and got no sense from the call centre...what are they for???

now what

anyway merry xmas to one and all on this great forum

shirl

If it were me, I would be spending an enjoyable couple of days preparing the N1.

Then, on Thursday, I would be on the phone to the bank to say that they have breached their agreement, and that they might want to have a cheque/bankers draft ready for collection from your local branch by Friday morning (at the latest), otherwise the claim will be filed and they will be liable for extra costs.

But that's if it was me.

Hi there - I too am in the same position. Lloyds wrote and rang me in the first week of December and said monies would be repaid within 5-10 days but could take longer as it had to be recalculated - it took me about an hour to do 3 loans going back over 5 years with a calculator! Surely they must have the software to do it at the press of a button:eek: . However I do remember that when my loans were refinanced over the years, the PPI refunds took about 6 weeks to be repaid into my account so it may be worth holding on.

Surely they must have the software to do it at the press of a button:eek: .

But surely they only work in FAVOUR of the banks.....:lol: :lol: :lol:

I Wish you everything you wish yourself.

NatWest Claimed £1,639. Accepted £1,344.

Natwest Paid me again as GOGW £1,656. Yes they can have it back if they say please.

Barclays 1 Claimed £1,260. Won by default. Paid in full

Barclays 2 Claimed £2,378. Won by default. Paid in full

Birmingham Midshires. Claimed £2,122. Accepted £2,075.

Hi there - I too am in the same position. Lloyds wrote and rang me in the first week of December and said monies would be repaid within 5-10 days but could take longer as it had to be recalculated - it took me about an hour to do 3 loans going back over 5 years with a calculator! Surely they must have the software to do it at the press of a button:eek: . However I do remember that when my loans were refinanced over the years, the PPI refunds took about 6 weeks to be repaid into my account so it may be worth holding on.

An update, so the FOS told me to contact Lloyds again, so after another telephone call they agreed to look into it again, I got the premium refunded a few days before Christmas, but not the interest.

More letters for me to write but good news anyway.:D

Happy new year to everyone on the forum, keep up the fight in the new year.

Bluuemoney

An update, so the FOS told me to contact Lloyds again, so after another telephone call they agreed to look into it again, I got the premium refunded a few days before Christmas, but not the interest.

More letters for me to write but good news anyway.:D

Happy new year to everyone on the forum, keep up the fight in the new year.

Bluuemoney

Well done Bluue - but what a cheek about the interest - I suppose that was just tooooo difficult for them to calculate! Hang on for what is rightfully yours and a happy and very prosperous new year to all Caggers.:p

So another update, they have now dipped into the money they paid me which cleared my overdraught to in the last few days make 2 payments to my credit card bill. Even though I telephoned and they where written to by the Citizens Advice folks telling them I was unemployed and offering to pay a nominal reduced amount a month they agreed to this on the phone and said I'd get a letter.

No letter but in the last 10 days they have taken £80 after I paid the nominal fee plus added late charges, they have left £5 in my account, good thing I squirrled out some before they took the lot.

The Credit Cards are also in the PPI dance, they delayed the payment so that they could have some fun with the rest of the accounts I have with them.

I want to pay my bills.

They must love fighting with me :lol:

i had my ppi returned..dont know how they worked it out..but it paid off my loan of 3 600 and there was 1344 put into my account..wish it had been before xmas..but im still very happy.

now im tackling them about the ppi on my credit card...since they have paid me this ppi on my loan i reckon they have to pay the credit card one too as the my reasons for reclaiming are the same?? what do you think??

i have a letter refusing to pay me..i wrote back and am awating a response

i had my ppi returned..dont know how they worked it out..but it paid off my loan of 3 600 and there was 1344 put into my account..wish it had been before xmas..but im still very happy.

now im tackling them about the ppi on my credit card...since they have paid me this ppi on my loan i reckon they have to pay the credit card one too as the my reasons for reclaiming are the same?? what do you think??

i have a letter refusing to pay me..i wrote back and am awating a response

Sounds like a nice chunk of interest on top ;)