Hi everyone,small prob driving me mad! Rockfords DCA

rmsux
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6009 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello everyone,

My name is Beverley & i have a small problem that is driving me crazy. I would really appreciate any advice anyone can put my way please..

Im not sure if i should post it here,iv found this welcome post hard to do because im terrible with these things,im sorry.

A while ago i paid a debt in 3 installments to Rockford's debt collection agency,which i paid at the post office

They were paid on time & i thought that would be the end of it.

But 2 months later the agency telephoned me to say they hadnt recieved the last payment.

I explained that it had been paid & that i would find the receipt

,the woman on the phone said she would call back that day to see if i had found it.

I found the receipt,

my sister paid it for me & had kept the receipt luckily.

Well the woman never phoned back so stupidly i thought they must have located the payment.

Then another two months later the woman phoned back,

maybe even longer,

and i couldnt believe it &

i explained to her that i thought the issue had been resolved as she didnt phone back 2 months proir.

In the meantime my sister moved house & the receipt has been lost (i know im stupid)

So i went to the post office where i had paid it but they could only go back 2 months,

by now it was 4/5.

So i phoned the royal mail helpline but they were unwilling to help because i didnt have the exact date when it was paid.

So then i filled in a form of complaint or query online,

to which royal mail emailed me saying they were dealing with it.

This was at the end of september & i havent had a reply since.

Rockford's have now phoned me to say they can only keep the hold on this for 2 more weeks.

I know this is a small amount of money compared to other peoples problems

,but its very annoying when it has already been paid & i am on a very low income.

Please could anyone tell me if there is anything i can do before i roll over & payup again.

I know i should have got the receipt & kept it safe but i thought it was safer with my sister.

But if the woman had phoned back when she said she would this would have been sorted out then. :(

Thankyou

Hi Beverley and welcome to CAG.

I think the first thing to do is to raise an official complaint in writing to Rockfords, also insist that all communication from them is in writing. I would recommend that you send the letter via recorded delivery.

A suggested template for your complaint is below:

OFFICIAL COMPLAINT

Dear Sir/Madam

You have contacted me regarding the account with the above reference number, which you claim is owed by myself.

I would point out that I have no knowledge of any such debt being owed to (insert company name). The final payment to this account was made on (date) via (name of branch) Post Office.

I am familiar with the Office of Fair Trading Debt Collection Guidance which states that it unfair to make demands for payment to an individual when it is uncertain that they are the debtor in question.

I would also point out that the OFT say under the Guidance that it is unfair to pursue third parties for payment when they are not liable. In not ceasing collection activity whilst investigating a reasonably queried or disputed debt you are using deceptive/and or unfair methods.

Furthermore ignoring and/or disregarding claims that debts have been settled or are disputed and continuing to make unjustified demands for payment amounts to physical/psychological harassment.

I would ask that no further contact be made concerning the above account unless you can provide evidence as to my liability for the debt in question.

I await your written confirmation that this matter is now closed. Please note: ANY FUTURE COMMUNICATION MUST BE IN WRITING. Otherwise I will have no option but to make a complaint to the trading standards department and consider informing the OFT of your actions.

I look forward to your reply.

Yours faithfully

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

BEWARE OF CLAIMS MANAGEMENT COMPANIES OFFERING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Hi rory32,

Thankyou for the welcome & thank you ver much for your advice & template.

I will write the letter today & post it recorded delivery.

I realize this is a very small problem,but not to me

Im just very upset that no one involved did their job right or is bothered about sorting this out.

I did read the OFT website & read with interest about the things you mentioned in the template ie unreasonable time lapses,disputes etc.

This kind of thing always happens to me & i always just give up for lack of advice/knowledge/will power,but its very demoralizing.

Thank you again rory32

Bev

This kind of thing always happens to me & i always just give up for lack of advice/knowledge/will power,but its very demoralizing.

Well don't give up. You're with CAG now, so any problems or anything your not sure about just ask and someone will be able to help :)

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Hi rory32,

thankyou,

im going to give it my best shot.

But should i send the letter to the woman who has been dealing with it & phoning me or should i go higher to a complaints dept?

I didnt send it yesterday as my daughter came home poorly.

Thanks,

Bev

But should i send the letter to the woman who has been dealing with it & phoning me or should i go higher to a complaints dept?

I would send it to the complaints department. The woman who has been phoning you is just a call centre person so won't be able to deal with and action your complaint.