• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Tesco credit card, judgement entered.. **PAID IN FULL**

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6404 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello to all, I have a thread going on in banking under Abbey but have now decided to chase up Tesco for the £140 they have taken over the last 5 years. If anyone out there has already tackled them I would be grateful of any advice! Watch this space, my 1st letter goes out today with the schedule attached, I am trying to stagger my claims so I dont end up spending a week in court! I know its not a great amount, but as Tesco themselves always say 'Every little helps!';-)

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I sent off my DPA to Tesco earlier this month, had a letter acknowledging it but heard nothing since. So yes, I will be as well :)

Please note that I am not a legal expert and all advice given is without prejudice and is purely my opinion only.

** Nationwide - £1821.15-PAID IN FULL - Aug 06 **

** Halifax Mortgage -£390 - PAID IN FULL - Nov 06 **

Lloyds TSB - MCOL issued 09/03/07 - £2953 + costs - ON HOLD....

Hi Dolly, looks like may be comparing notes then, I will be updating as and when, do you have a thread going?? I will keep an eye on it if so! Good luck with your claim xx

Not started a thread yet as I have no figures - this goes back to the full 6 years but the account was paid off 2 years ago and was with a DCA for about 18mths before that, so I imagine it'll be a bit complex!

As soon as I get figures I will start a thread. Hope yours goes well :)

Please note that I am not a legal expert and all advice given is without prejudice and is purely my opinion only.

Well, one week since the prelim letter went out by registered post. No response at all as yet so another week of waiting lies ahead. How you getting along with things Dolly??

Still haven't got my DPA request yet although it has been acknowledged.

Hi Dolly, good luck with it! I got a letter today:

Date 05-07-07

Dear Miss XXX

We are sorry that you were less than satisfied with the level of service you received from us.

Thanks you for letting us know about your concerns as it gives us a chance to address the issues you raised.

We need more time to look into matters further so we can answer your concern fully. We will contact you again within the next ten business days to let you know how we propose to resolve things for you, or at least to let you know how we are progressing.

We can assure you that we will deal with your concern quickly and effectively. To help you understand how we will handle your concern, we have enclosed a leaflet which outlines our approach.

Once again, thank you for contacing us about your concern

Yours Sincerely

(Real signiture, not a computer one!)

Geri Hatcher

Senior Customer Adivsor

How about that then? I intend to stick to my deadline, although their response time is far better than most banks promise!! Shame it took them over a week to acknowledge my letter though! I have to say I am impressed that a real person has signed the letter, I have only dealt with Abbey up to now though. I am working my way through my old banking files on a weekly basis, I will most likely spend my summer in the local court lol.

what a careing bunch they sound , stick to your timetable not theres.

i wil let you know when i get a reply to my prelim, it should not be to long , hopefuly, like yourself, so far they have been very quick to respond , unlike the halifax, who have chosen to ignore me from day one.

good luck

kevluff

:mad:LF53

prelim letter was received by pestcos , and hsbc, on the 06/07. and as yet no reply ( lets see what the postie brings today)

my lba deadline is the 19/07, so i am about aweek behind you,

i was quite shocked that they repied to my dpa request so quickly, unlike citibank and mbna who have acknowledged my dpa,s and told me they will get back to me when the cows come home, so dpa lba,s will be sent out this week to remind them that they are working to my timetable not theres and they have a legal obligation

and as for the good old halifax; they are choseing to ignore me, but they can go on the back burner for now

Once again best of luck with your claim

kevluff

oops, spoke to soon, just got letter from pestco, it is exactly the same as every one elses. nice line in the complaints leaflet they enclosed saying the complaint could take up to 8 weeks to resolve, after which i MAY BE ELIGABLE to contact the FOS (who are they to deciede if i am eligable) funny they never mentioned the county courts though, lba going out on the 19/07

Well I got my statements back to August 2001....funnily enough they don't have them from June 2000 as requested. Anyway I was AMAZED to see that there are no charges on there.

This account went to a DCA in June 2002 and up to that time I made no payments and yet there was no charges, interest was frozen.....very, very strange.

Anyway, there is a disputed debt of £185 on the account - I paid it off in full to DCA on a reduced, early settlement figure but yet there is still this balance showing. Rang Tesco again.....and they wiped it off. Then (and this is the best bit) she said as the balance was now clear they would send me a new card :eek: Couldn't believe it! So no claim against Tesco, it seems.

exactly the same happened to me with hsbc credit card, at the time they did not stop hassleing me and it ended with a default against me.

when i got my statements i discovered they had only charged me 15 pounds.

so not really worth the time pursueing them for it.

Hi you two, just over a week to go before filing with money claim against Tesco's, but I file this Wednesday against Abbey, I havent heard a peep from Tesco's since the last letter, sent the LBA so watching for something this week.

Are you not going take them up on the offer of a new card Dolly?? I cant believe they think you would want one anyway, numskulls!:lol:

Kevluff, isnt it worth your while to chase them to get the default removed?? Just a thought, if it is from a long time ago I suppose its more hassle but they stay for six years dont they?

morning bowkett, thanks for the reply, the reason i that i will not be chaseing hsbc over the default is that i dont think i have much of a case, it would be hard to prove that 15 pounds worth of charges over 3 years was the only reason that led to the default being registered against me.

i think it was a cheap shot to default me ,as they done it 2 weeks before i settled the account in full, as i told them i would, but would you expect anythink less from them?

perhaps they did not charge me as much as i believed they had because they were raking it in from my current acc. 3000 up to now! ( prelim sent)

although a default is a pain, it does not seem to be affecting my credit rateing

i must be honest on this , as i borrowed the money , it was my obligation to repay it

never mind, i will just

move on to the next one, mbna here we come

good luck with yours regards kevluff

Hi all, got another letter today, this is in response to my first letter and not the LBA. Havent had anything relating to that. Can someone take a look at this for me please!

13th July 2006

Acount xx

Dear Miss xx

Thank you for your letter of 27th June 2006

We consider that our charges are fair, reasonable and compliant with all applicable laws and regulations. We are also committed to ensuring the transparency of the information that we give to our customers about the operation of products.

We have considered the Office of Fair Trading's statement of 5 April 2006 and do not accept its findings in relation to the setting of credit card fees.

It follows that we do not agree with the assertations made in your letter.

Yours Sincerely

(another real signature!)

Gill Skarott

Senior Customer Advisor

Customer Care Team

HELP! I have already been keeping to my timetable, I sent the letters out of the library etc. Any advice would be most gratefully accepted.:D

It is a standard letter telling you they are not refunding you, as most banks and credit card companies do...nothing unusual at all about it :confused:

If that was in response to your prelim letter, you now send the LBA and when you get no joy from that, issue moneyclaim.

evening bowkett

have just got in ,after spending 12 hours in a 100 degrees sweat box( a london taxi by any other name)

It seems to me that because they are proberly snowed under with requests for refunds they are not able to keep up with our reasonable time scales,and our letters are crossing in the post.

dont be put off by the content of there responce, if you received a reply agreeing with you prelim letter, that would be nothing short of an admission of guilt in writing; and we are never going to get that.As they seemed to have laid out there side of the case you could proberly go straight to money claim, but some might say wait for the 14 days from lba just to be resonable, its your call.

my attitude to all this is i will not take a backward step after the way the banks have treated me, who dares wins and all that.

once again good luck, and i will let you know when i recieve something

regards kevluff

letter from tecos arrived today, worded differently from others i have seen but basically saying the same, ie we dont agree please go and get stuffed and thanks for takeing the time to write to us.

i feel a LBA moment comeing on

better news on the hsbc front, an offer of 1995 quid, bit tempting but will give it some thought

Hi Kevluff, you go for it, get that LBA sent. It will be court action from me on Wednesday next week, just going to court now to file against Abbey! Have you a thread for your HSBC claim?? Would mind a read :-)

Hi, its Wednesday this week, havent heard a peep from them since my last letter posted on here! Clocks ticking, two days to go! I feel quite confident about things since visiting the court last week with my N1 for my Abbey claim. I think I may become a regular visitor sooner rather than later, I keep thinking about all my other cards/accounts that I have had and I am set to take action against most of them:D Will keep you updated!