mobile phones / defaults

lihi
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6031 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I joined CAG beginning of September and have gained a vast amount of knowledge and confidence about gaining control of my life and finances again.

I ordered a copy of my credit file recently to double check info and see if there was anything I could do to improve my situation and see for myself the mess I'd got myself into.

3 of my 4 defaults are mobile phones, I stupidly gave my t mob contract phone to my ex who ran the bill up, after giving me a headache that he needed another phone I stupidly went an got him an o2 contract phone, when he'd killed the balance on that after a couple of months they stopped my phone as well even though the account was up to date and had been run well. Eventually the mess he'd helped me get in saw me in a dmp with Gregory Pennington.

Anyway, credit file received said that a default had been registered by t mob and the balance was £44 and was last updated july 2006, I'd cleared the balance of £66 a week before or after this so I wrote to tmob notifying them that the info was incorrect and under seperate cover I used letters that I'd taken from a link re default removal asking for a copy of the default notice which I'd never recieved. They responded, I received the letter yesterday which said

'Thanks you for writing to tell us that the t mob entry on your credit file shows an outstanding balance.

I've looked into this for you and I am able to confirme that the payment details and information held at the credit agency has now been changed to show that your account has been satisfied and paid in full. Information about any late payments you have made will remain on your credit file and has been recorded in accordance with t mobs t&c and conditions of service.

I refer to the information requested within your letter and confirm that the Service Agreement you have entered into with t mob is regarded as 'exempt' under the provisions of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 and as such we are not required to file a notice of default prior to the termination of the Service Agreement.

Please find enclosed a copy of the current terms and conditions applicable to your service agreement with t-mob. Clause 4 © and (ii) of your agreement provides that t mob will issue a monthly billwhich must be paid by the due date set out within the bill. Failure to make payment by the due date can result in t mob terminating the agreement with immediate effect.'

I've sent the same letter to o2 on the two accounts as I've sent to t mob so am expecting a similar response from them.

Even though I've agreed for them to share data no where in the current t&c's they've sent does it say about registering details.

Any advice, views or current experiences welcome. Anything that will help get these horrible things off my file.

:)

I love CAG!