• Tweets

• Interesting question regarding what Government accounts opposition parties have access to, before an General Election. From what I understand, Government department accounts that are published are always lagging behind and would not include some amounts which are classified as 'commercially sensitive'.  Therefore opposition parties and Parliamentrary select committees would not have access to accounts which contain real time up to date information. If a new Government have found £20 billion of spending liabilities they did not know about, this could be true, as £20 billion is not that much when you look at total Government expenditure. Government department are making decisions on spending all of the time and it could be the previous Government were planning tax changes and/or spending cuts to balance the books.  Jeremy Hunt has recently said that if the Tories had stayed in Government and held an Autumn budget, it would have been very difficult to cut taxes as some had wanted.
    • Everyone knows the tories were hiding the costs - and even added 4 billion quid to the taxpayers high interest credit card to fund a chunk of the NI tax reduction - prime example - look at how much cost was hidden re the Rwanda dogwhistle -10 Billion quid     and re the handful of rebels on the benefit limit If the disasters (like the Rwanda rubbish) of Tory dogs being wagged by the extremist minority ERG tail doesn't highlight the issues .. Enlighten yourself here .. (fat chance) Sir Keir Starmer is right to show Labour rebels the door WWW.INDEPENDENT.CO.UK Editorial: Suspending seven MPs following their rebellion over the two-child benefit cap is more than a prime minister flexing his political muscle. It is a...  
    • Trump instigated that didnt he @theoldrouge despite losing the election - and Biden mitigated as much as he could within his boundaries?   "President Donald Trump ordered a rapid withdrawal of all U.S. troops from Afghanistan and Somalia in the wake of his 2020 election loss"   “The order was for an immediate withdrawal, and it would have been catastrophic,” said Rep. Adam Kinzinger, R-Ill., one of two Republican members of the special panel. “And yet President Trump signed the order.”   Trump ordered rapid withdrawal from Afghanistan after election loss WWW.MILITARYTIMES.COM The memo was among the latest revelations from the congressional committee investigating the Jan. 6, 2021, attack on the Capitol building.   Although i agree that Biden should have done more to mitigate Trump driven disasters
    • ok your WS is wrong. Paragraph 16 and 17 says  you did not contract with evri but this is not true - see below  Furthermore to the eBay Powered By Packlink T&Cs that Evri is referring to, Clauses 3b and c of the T&Cs states:  (b)   Packlink is a package dispatch search engine that acts as an intermediary between its Users and Transport Agencies. Through the Website, Users can check the prices that different Transport Agencies offer for shipments and contract with the Transport Agency that best suits their needs on-line. (c)  Each User shall then enter into its own contract with the chosen Transport Agency. Packlink does not have any control over, and disclaims all liability that may arise in contracts between a User and a Transport Agency post 251 of occy thread - £844 lost    you should also add a paragraph on donough v Stevenson talking about the fact that even without contract there is still duty of care to goods and by failing to deliver this duty has been breached.   Make those changes and post it back up here and I'll check over things again
    • no we cant add the occy thing because leicster are being difficult people so we're just going to go without it for now
  • Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 162 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

assulted on holiday

kezza666
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6072 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi i have just came back from a 2 week holiday in egypt while i was there a maintnance man came up to me in front of my 6 year old son and fely my breast i was in total shock the hotel was great and fired the man as soon as they found out but it still ruined the holiday i have been into going places today and they have told me to draft a letter to there head office to ask for compensation but i dont know where to start this was an expensive holiday that was ruined by this event but it happened 4 days before i was due home so going places have said i will only get compensation for these days but the whole holiday experiance is ruined not part of it and i have also had to explain to a 6 year old why a man woul do that to a women i have been badly shaken by this experiance and would never return to egypt could someone please help me write a letter please i dont want to be fobbed off with a discount for next year

thanks

kerry

:evil:

In all honesty, I think Going Places are being very generous, they don't have to give you anything at all. Do you expect them to be personally responsible for every human being within the vicinity of one of their resorts/hotels?

As for never going back to Egypt, that is your choice, but get real. If it had happened to you at your local pub, would you be emigrating because of it? Of course not. So don't go writing off the whole country because of one incident.

So the guy groped you. No, it's not acceptable behaviour, and the fact he got fired clearly shows it is not. The fact that it allegedly ruined your whole holiday, that's something you need to deal with in yourself if you are that sensitive. And I have to agree with Going Places, if it happened 4 days before you were due to return, then I don't see how the time before that could have been ruined.

Let's get a grip here, if I may use the expression. :rolleyes:

i am at a loss for words,but their is simply no reason to explain to a six year old..who within 24 hours would have forgotten about this incedent ,the guy got sacked,if you got groped on the street in the uk what do you think would happen over here..im sure the police would be too busy chasing other cars to even register your complaint...you just have to get over it ,and get on with your life,harsh words but life can be a bummer sometimes..

• 2 weeks later...
Guest louis wu
could someone please help me write a letter please i dont want to be fobbed off with a discount for next year

Going for everything you can by the looks of it (just to prove that some people always see a silver lining to every cloud:rolleyes: ). I would write directly to President Mubarak and asked for Millions of Egyptian Pounds for the cheek of one of his citizens.

Time for a reality check. It wasn't nice, and NOT acceptable anywhere in the world.....but compensation:confused:, how do you justify that? And what price do you put on a 'feel of your breast'? £1, £10, £100, £1000, more?

You got the man sacked.....for many people that would be compensation enough.

• 2 months later...

well ive taken the matter further not for the assult but for lack of support after i was offered no help by the rep when i had to do a face to face id of the man or the fact the rep didnt even ask if i was ok or the fact that this man new where my room was and i told the rep this and she still did not offer to move me therefor i didnt sleep for the rest of the holiday it is a tour operaters job to keep the guest as comfertable and happy as possible not to just ignore them and my son still asks even the other day why a man would do this:mad:

well ive taken the matter further not for the assult but for lack of support after i was offered no help by the rep when i had to do a face to face id of the man or the fact the rep didnt even ask if i was ok or the fact that this man new where my room was and i told the rep this and she still did not offer to move me therefor i didnt sleep for the rest of the holiday

However, the man was fired by the hotel so presumably he wouldn't have been able to gain access without being challenged? :confused: I'm confused as to why you would presume this is the responsibility of the rep. The rep is employed by a holiday company that has very limited durastiction over the actual hotel running itself........... if any.

it is a tour operaters job to keep the guest as comfertable and happy as possible not to just ignore them and my son still asks even the other day why a man would do this:mad:

But surely they can only move you to an alternative room/suite/accommodation if this is available? :confused: And as previously, mentioned, as the man was fired he would have difficulty gaining access to the actual hotel/hotel complex.

I'm not sure why you're pursuing a claim against the rep/holiday company for an alleged offence that took place that was completely beyond their control, durastiction and responsibility to be honest with you.

However, it will be interesting to see what response you receive.

Best wishes :)

Can't find what you're looking for? Please have a look at Michael Browne's

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

I do not answer queries via PM. If you send me a PM, please include a link to your thread - any advice I am able to offer will be on your thread.

Legally Going Places do not owe you anything.

They are responsible for making sure that your flight runs and you have a hotel room to stay in. That is all. If a strange man comes up to you and assaults you then that is a matter for the police to take up with the man involved. If you want compensation then you have to seek it from the man who actually assaulted you. Going Places have done nothing to harm you, and as such you are not entitled to any compensation from them. If they happen to give you any money due to this incident, then consider yourself lucky because they are certainly not obliged to as they have done nothing wrong.

And to be honest I don't even see how you COULD seek compensation from Going Places, as to raise a claim in delict/tort for compensation you must first show that the person you are suing owed you a duty of care to not harm you. Whilst Going Places owe you a duty of care that none of their actions will harm you, they do not owe you a duty of care to protect you from every single member of the general public. Secondly, you must show that they have breached this duty of care, and the breach is directly responsible for you suffering harm. Obviously, if you can't show they owed you a duty of care in the first place, then there's no way you could prove this.

yeah gotta agree Lawbunny.

simply applying the test from Lord Atkins speech in Donoghue and Stevenson [1932] A.C. 562 would mean that this would be too remote even for a claim in Tort IMHO

i see no reasonable chance of success in this case