• Tweets

• quite honestly id email shiply CEO with that crime ref number and state you will be taking this to court, for the full sum of your losses, if it is not resolved ASAP. should that be necessary then i WILL be naming Shiply as the defendant. this can be avoided should the information upon whom the courier was and their current new company contact details, as the present is simply LONDON VIRTUAL OFFICES  is a company registered there and there's a bunch of other invisible companies so clearly just a mail address   
    • If it doesn’t sell easily : what they can get at an auction becomes fair market price, which may not realise what you are hoping.
    • Thank you. The receiver issue is a rabbit hole I don't think I'm going to enjoy going down. These people seem so protected. And I don't understand how or why?  Fair market value seems to be ever shifting and contentious.
    • Hungary is attempting to be a world power in manufacturing electric vehicle batteries, despite locals' reservations.View the full article
    • You can't, but you can (and really should) bring up the point that the lender isn't meeting their legal obligations in selling the property for fair market value. You'll have to do this in court, though. A receiver is bought in by the lender, not you. If they're a registered insolvency practitioner, you may be able to raise a complaint to the insolvency service but there are no guarantees here. Many receivers are also registered with the RICS and self-regulate so if you know the name of the receiver you can check there, again no guarantees. https://www.rics.org/surveyor-careers/career-development/accreditations/registered-property-receivership-scheme
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

koko vs LloydsTSB - Loan PPI

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3908 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Fantastic, a separate forum for PPI just when I was wondering where to post this!

Sent CCA request and a slightly reworded SAR 21/10/06.

I have had a loan with Lloyds since 1997 which has been refinanced 4 times giving a total of 5 loan agreements. The first 3 had ppi on them which I'm looking at disputing (in particular the 3rd agreement). The 5th agreement is due to end next month but I'm way behind on payments. I'm already at the court stage with Lloyds on my current accounts for unlawful charges which will clear my overdrafts and the 5th loan.

I have all the statements from each of the 5 agreements, but only the latest actual loan agreement which didn't have PPI on it. Anybody got a copy of the t and c's for Lloyds loan PPI I could have a read of I'd be grateful, particularly the early redemption clauses.

The next post sets out the details of my complaint. Sorry it's so long winded but there was so much information to put down at once.

Koko

In Nov 1997 I got my first proper job after uni and took out a graduate loan to buy a car. Loan 1.

Loan 1 £5000

+ PPI £718.95

Total Loan amount £5718.95

Term 48 months @ £145.27

Rate 10.08%

I made 20 monthly payments then in June 1999 refinanced into loan 2. £270 was credited to my current account which I assume was a refund of the PPI.

Loan 2 £5500 (of which £3720.89 from loan 1)

+PPI £638.84

Total Loan Amount £6138.84

Term 24 months @ £281.81

Rate 9.5%

In April 2000 I became self employed and opened a sole trader account. My business manager advised me that it was particularly hard to claim on a PPI policy when self employed and sold me an accident and illness protection policy through Royal Sun Alliance which started in July 2000. I tried to cancel the PPI on my credit and store card at this time (see other threads).

I made 16 monthly payments altogether on loan 2 then in Sept 2000 refinanced into loan 3. £65.15 was credited to my current account which says it was PPI refund.

Loan 3 £6000 (of which £2133.93 From loan 2)

+PPI £1373.52 !!!!! This loan was NOT supposed to have PPI on it!

Total Loan Amount £7373.52

Term 60 months @ £168.52

Rate 13%

I made 10 monthly payments altogether on loan 3 then in June 2001 refinanced into loan 4. £844.80 was credited to loan 3 before it was paid up.

Loan 4 £8700 (of which £5644.16 From loan 3)

+PPI £NIL after an argument with Bank Manager as it shouldn’t have been on loan 3

Total Loan Amount £8700

Term 60 months @ £198.91

Rate 13%

I made 5 monthly payments altogether on loan 4 then in Dec 2001 rang up and asked why I was paying such a high interest rate and would they do something about it or I’d take my business elsewhere. They offered 9.6% there and then over the phone which I accepted and hence loan 5.

Loan 5 £8300 (of which £8172.14 From loan 4)

+PPI £NIL after similar argument with Bank Manager

Total Loan Amount £8300

Term 60 months @ £174.73

Rate 9.6%

1. Loan 3 should not have had PPI on it at all, this was either a mis-sold policy or added on after I signed the agreement so going after £528.72 (£1373.52 - £844.80 Refund) Plus £364.9 Compound interest to date still accruing. Plus £ 142.12 the compound interest on the total PPI charge before the refund.

2. The PPI refunds from loans 1, & 2 were credited to my current account not knocked off the balance of the loan before transfer is this normal? Did I agree to this? The effect of this is that although I received refunds, Lloyds have forced me to pay compound interest on those amounts ever since (£307.41 and £70.76 respectively).

3. Also going to check the amounts of these refunds as loan 2’s refund seems very low, I realise that PPI is front loaded but even so. Where do I stand with statute of limitations on this is it different from the unlawful charges routine I’m becoming familiar with?

2 and 3 are perhaps taking it a bit too far but I’m so angry at them for taking advantage of me! All comments gratefully received.

Hi Koko,

Found you at last!

I've had to put letter-writing on hold this week (ah, the joys of half-term!), but will be cracking on this week. Off to find a mod now and see if they can move my Lloyds thread into this forum!

All the best,

Lucy.

Lucycat vs. Halifax 13/9 - £4496.99 - WON!

Lucycat vs. MBNA (Alliance & Leicester) - 16/11 - Offer of £295 received - pursuing £575.

Lucycat vs. HSBC - 15/11 - MCOL filed - £1438 (& interest at 8% - another £392.49)

Lucycat vs. Capital One 15/11 - Offer of £136 received - pursuing £340.

Lucycat vs. Halifax - Mortgage ERC - 18/10 - LBA sent - £466.32.

Lucycat vs. Halifax - Mortgage Charges - 9/11 - D.P.A. Non-Compliance letter delivered.

Lucycat vs. LloydsTSB - Loan PPI - 5/10 - Statement received.

Lucycat vs. LloydsTSB - 20/10 - Prelim sent for £45 - returned undelivered, recipient has 'gone away'...! :o

* Lucycat vs. Carphone Warehouse - 13/11 - S.A.R. delivered. * Lucycat vs. Volkswagen Finance - 9/11 - S.A.R. delivered. * Lucycat vs. Barclaycard - 15/11 - S.A.R. sent out.

I cant offer much advise on this, but in one instance you mentioned there wasnt meant to be ppi.

then why was there? they have to get signature, have you all revelant docs that were supposed to be signed?

i would take this one step at a time.

start at first loan and sort out ppi, then move forward

sorry i cant assist further

-----------------------------------------------

Mortgage Express charges- settled in full after issuing claim

------------------------------------------------

To view the FAQ'S click here: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/

To view the PRELIM letter click here: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/516-1-data-protection-act.html

To view the Letter Before Action click here: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/92-3-letter-before-action.html

To find Registered Address:

http://www.esd.informationcommissioner.gov.uk/esd/search.asp

If my advise helps click here http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/reputation.php?p=366404

Nathal the short answer is that they saw me coming and rubbed their hands with glee!

My first venture into the business world and I let them scare me into taking a policy to cover accident and illness and took the Bank Managers word for it that any existing PPI policies would be cancelled. I was VERY naive and trusting and they exploited that. Thanks to this site I am questioning everything, not for the money, although that's a huge bonus and will get me into the black for the first time in years, more because these people let me believe they were acting in my best interests, they weren't they were trying to make money out of me, I hate that, and I hate the fact that I was so naive to believe in them. Sorry rant over!

The separate signature for PPI only came into force in 1995, all my loan agreements pre-date this. When my loans were taken out according to the FSA website PPI was an unregulated product. This is crazy since it was included in an agreement regulated by the Consumer Credit Act 1974. I need to do more reading on this and get my arguments straight before I commit pen to paper.

I have a complete statement history for all 5 loan accounts, but the only agreement I can lay my hands on is the latest one, hence the CCA request.

The argument for recovering the comp int on the PPI refunded into the wrong account is tenuous at best and I'll drop this if I don't think I can make it stand up, the real one I'm gunning for is the PPI on loan 3. This was either mis-sold (as the Bank Manager also sold me a private policy to cover the same thing - double insured by the same company with their complete knowledge) or clerical error at best/fraud at worst. Although some of this was refunded (and for once into the loan account) I believe that if I'd pushed at the time I would have got it all back plus interest. Just didn't know the right questions to ask!

Thank you for taking the time to post I welcome all opinions and help, though I recognised you, how's it going with Open & Direct?

Lucy - There are JOYS in half term week? I must be doing something wrong!

Koko

• 1 year later...

I was pleased to see someone else challenging/challenged Lloyds (TSB).I took out a 60 Month Graduate Loan in 1998, paid for PPI, though I was unemployed/in non-contractual employment at that time, though expecting the worst which was not challenged by seller.Has anyone the Terms and Conditions of such loans c 1998? No longer hold them and Lloyds slow in producng them!Adrianimus.

• 5 years later...

There's no need I don't think (not sure for your case exactly); the Law changed subsequently since my initial post here making it less of a battle for the consumer and answering their (Banks) awkward questioning/irritating correspondence; I completed an official template financial ombudsman form subsequently c/o the helpful Martin Lewis (Martins Money Saving Expert etc.) web-site; Have a look at the form on-line and get one in - Good luck! A.