BBC Radio programme on mortgage shortfull after repossession

KKnight
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5908 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello,

I am making a programme about mortgage shortfalls after repossession and the fact that banks often leave chasing the debt for many years.

I’m told that sometime the first contact the banks have with lenders can be as long as 11 years after the repossession.

I would really like to talk to people who have suddenly had a letter from the bank more than six years after their home was repossessed.

If you are in that position then please give me a ring on 020 8752 7142. Your call would be in complete confidence.

If you want to check out I am who I say I am then just Google “Kirsteen Knight”+BBC. You will see I am disabled and have often made programmes about disability issues and used forums to find interviewees.

Best wishes and thanks for all your help.

Kirsteen

[email protected]

020 8752 7142

Great topic, I hope it isn't just centered around people who have negative equity - as I am certainly finding more and more people who have interest only mortgages or 100% - 125% mortgages suffering shortfall, even the low end mortgages of £100k you would have to live and pay off the repayment mortgage for at least 2 years to cover only the cost of selling a house with your equity!! AND that doesn't even include any early replayment charges. No wonder so many people are at risk from repossession...