• Tweets

• @BankFodder sorry for the delay and thank you for the lengthy reply. Yes, I agree. It's a small business and the guy is very very decent. I know someone else said my priority shouldn't be worrying whether he gets shafted but I'm not here to try and screw him over because I feel like if someone behaves decently and gets exploited, they might not behave so kindly in the future. I know DX mentioned he thinks I've caused the issue by leaving multiple instructions, but I have already explained why and both instructions were to leave it with a neighbour and there was nothing advising the driver to abandon the parcel on my doorstep. I don't think leaving it there could be considered a safe place.  I am still waiting on the retailer to respond. Ultimately, I wanted to know how he would proceed if DPD's response isn't favourable. I am certainly not looking to cause any problems. I just want my laptop. I will read the other posts for sure. I've been a bit preoccupied with family stuff. I have nothing in writing from DPD as I phoned them, but they did advise it should be the retailer that liaises with them. I tried contacting the driver straight after deliver via Whatsapp, as that's an option, but it said I couldn't send him a message and I have kept that log. We all know who took the parcel on our street, because that person has a history of parcel theft, but I don't have a doorbell camera or cctv. Police are refusing to intervene, despite the fact that I, along with several other people, spotted another's neighbour's parcel in said "suspect's" car and confronted her to get the parcel back. If the police had acted sooner, I might have had a better chance of getting the parcel back, but I suspect the laptop has long been sold on.  When the retailer responds, I will send him the link to this thread. Hopefully, he will benefit from the information on here as well.
    • @dx100uk none of the instructions advised them to leave the parcel on my door step and without such instructions., I'm struggling to see why they think it's ok to just dump it there.
    • I have checked. No recording was triggered by the camera - I don't have loop recording, only proximity and vibration sensor triggered recording - abs and since he took photos from afar and did not physically touch my car - no recording was done. 
    • He also useing he girlfriend to phone and mesage people as well
    • No TIC sheet with journeys history as I can see within the letter pack. Should there be one? Maybe they didn't look into it thoroughly?  No other pleading letter, only the one from above.
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
        • Thanks
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Danny V TSB

yoshimi176
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6204 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

Yes you should receive a copy of their defence shortly and an Allocation Questionnaire to fill in, use these links to help you:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general/57708-draft-order-allocation-questionnaires.html

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/11644-allocation-questionnaires-guide-completion.html

Barty:)

I WON!!!! :D :D :D

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/lloydstsb-successes/1774-barty-lloyds-tsb.html

IF I HAVE BEEN HELPFUL PLEASE CLICK THE SCALES:)

• 2 weeks later...

12/07/06 S.A.R

15/08/06 Chase S.A.R.

12/09/06 Preliminary Letter

27/09/06 L.B.A.

01/03/07 Filed claim at Moneyclaim

13/03/07 Received acknoledgement of claim

27/03/07 Notice on moneyclaim that TSB have entered a defence

03/04/07 Received defence in post

I have now received the ‘Notice of Transfer of Proceedings’ and the banks ‘defence’ as follows:

Between ME

And LLOYDS TSB BANK PLC.

Court of Transfer MANCHESTER

Before District Judge XXX

Sitting at MANCHESTER

Without Hearing

IT IS ORDERED THAT:-

• The filing of an allocation questionnaire to be dispensed with in this case unless the District Judge at the court of transfer orders otherwise.

DEFENCE (I’VE HIGHLIGHTED THE MAIN POINTS ONLY)

1.The defendant Lloyds TSB is a bank registered at (address). It has been admitted that the claimant has been a customer of the bank at all material times.

2.By opening an account, the customer enters into a commercial arrangement for the provision of banking services. The bank is entitled to charge for these services. By using the account the customer acknowledges that the charges are incorporated into the contract.

3.By maintaining the account in credit, or within any limit agreed with the bank, the customer may avoid most if not all charges. If the bank makes a payment, or returns the payment, it provides a service as specified and makes a charge in accordance with the terms of the contract.

4.There is no breach of contract; the charge cannot therefore be a penalty, consequently there is no requirement that the charge be a pre-estimate of the banks loss.

5.The custopmer is given advance warning of charges being imposed.

6.The charges are fair and reasonable, and it is denied that they are unlawful.

7.The charges are terms which relate to the price payable by the customer for a service providedby the bank, and pursuant to Regulatio 6 of the Unfair Terms in Consumer Contracts Regulations 1999, are not subject to fairness.

8.In the premises:

8.1.the charges are for banking services, and are not damages nor a penalty;

8.2.the bank is entitled by contract to impose the charges which are fair and reasonable;

8.3it is denied that the charges are unlawful or contravene any statute or regulation

9.The claimants claim is denied in its entirety.

Now a few questions:

I cannot see any date for the hearing, I do not have to fill in the allocation questionnaire – is this now the norm and will I be receiving further communication from the court about a hearing date? How long will this take roughly i.e. how long do I have to prepare?

Is the defence similar to the ones received by others out there?

From people who have been at a similar stage to me, what can I expect next?

Cheers

D

Hi

That is the standard defence.

This seems to be the latest thing, dispensing with the AQ. Looks like you just need to wait to hear from the Courts for the next move. Things are moving along nicely, so no worries, shouldn't be too long now.

Barty:)

I WON!!!! :D :D :D

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/lloydstsb-successes/1774-barty-lloyds-tsb.html

IF I HAVE BEEN HELPFUL PLEASE CLICK THE SCALES:)

Thanks Barty, I'm planning on giving it another week and then giving the court a ring to see where we're up to. I noticed in other threads that some people are sending a notice in asking the court for direction when they have dispensed with the AQ........do I need to look at doing this or just wait for the courts next response?

Cheers

D

Hi Yoshi, I'm at the same stage as you. There is slightly conflicting information to be fair. I think it is up to you at this point. There are a number of letters that people have suggested sending to the court and/or lloyds TSB's solicitors. But, others have suggested sitting tight and waiting for correspondence from the court. I'm not sure what I'm going to do, but goona wait a few days I think!!

i seem to be at the same stage too, waiting for AQ if it turns up! Wonder which one will be first!

29-1-07 Prelim Sent

2-2-07 'No Way' Letter Received

12-2-07 Sent LBA

No Response

13-3-07 MCOL Filed

15-3-07 Notice Of Issue Received

18-3-07 Claim served to Lloyds

21-3-07 Recieved £750 offer

26-3-07 Claim acknowleged

4-4-07 Defence entered

25-4-07 Received notice of transfer

2-5-07 Received Notice of allocation hearing 15/6

31-5-07 I won!! Money in my account today :D

1-6-07 Prelim Sent - no reply

18-6-07 LBA sent - stupid reply

27-7-07 Filing N1

me? no not yet, just called MCOL to find out if it had but i had to fill out a letter that they sent me (apparantly lloyds told them they had paid when all they had paid was the 750 goodwill) they told me i should get a letter within 9 days saying it had been transferred, no AQ mentioned yet though...how about you?

29-1-07 Prelim Sent

12-2-07 Sent LBA

No Response

13-3-07 MCOL Filed

4-4-07 Defence entered

27-7-07 Filing N1

i am in for the long haul i think, just a very boring waiting game..(of which i will win ;) )

29-1-07 Prelim Sent

12-2-07 Sent LBA

No Response

13-3-07 MCOL Filed

4-4-07 Defence entered

27-7-07 Filing N1

Its been a week since I received the 'notice of transfer of proceedings' - I'm gonna give it one more week then ring the court to see whats going on - I'll decide then whether its worth sending some of the letters I've seen elsewhere on the forum - either way I'll keep you postede on my progress:)

sasquash & jess - were your defence letters like mine?

i checked mine and it is exactly the same as yours, word for word!

29-1-07 Prelim Sent

12-2-07 Sent LBA

No Response

13-3-07 MCOL Filed

4-4-07 Defence entered

27-7-07 Filing N1

Hi all, funny enough, when I got home yesterday, there was a letter waiting for me from the court. It basically said that the time has now passed for all defences to be entered and 'no further defences have been submitted' and they have included the AQ for me to fill in, even though when I originally received the defence the court letter staqted that an 'AQ has been dispenced with'. Any ideas as to why I now have an AQ?? I've got until the 4th May to return it.

It could be that when it was transferred the judge there requested that an AQ be filled in - yours says the same as mine on the Transfer of Proceedings notice....'unless the DJ at the court of Transfer directs otherwise.'

Looks like he/she has!

Please note that I am not a legal expert and all advice given is without prejudice and is purely my opinion only.

** Nationwide - £1821.15-PAID IN FULL - Aug 06 **

** Halifax Mortgage -£390 - PAID IN FULL - Nov 06 **

Lloyds TSB - MCOL issued 09/03/07 - £2953 + costs - ON HOLD....