• Tweets

• Paint is a free programme on any Windows PC. But don't worry, the choice here is not either perfection or nothing. As you say, use your scanner, save the file ... and then use the "choose files" option when you post to CAG to add the file. We can do all the redacting and converting to the correct file type at this end.  The important thing is just to get the info to us. Why not do an experiment this afternoon and see if the above works?  
    • I see they're trying to round up asylum seekers and lock them up for about three months so they can be put on planes to Rwanda. I'm a bit surprised that this is legal.  
    • thought for the day "Prime ministers need a big strategy that tells you where you’re going, you need a bunch of tactics that get you there, and you need the ability to take everybody else with you."   Now I know you are all thinking 'why is the  UKs destination Rwanda ???
    • Asset Link filed for a default CCJ against me, in relation to an old Barclaycard debt which I apparently signed an agreement for back in 2000.   I did not own a Barclaycard in 2000 so I know this is not true.  The CCJ notice was sent to an old address so I did not receive it.  Years later when I found out about the CCJ when I applied for credit, I put an application in to have the CCJ set aside.   As part of the set aside case, I was asked by the judge to provide a draft defence, should the CCJ be set aside.   The defence I provided was that I did not admit to the debt as I had not been provided with any evidence of an original loan agreement.   I won the case and the CCJ was set aside.   Link then filed to court again to make me pay the debt.   We both filed directions questionnaires and the judge allocated the claim to the small claims track.   As part of the directions, additional directions given were as follows ' Additional Directions in a claim for an Assigned Debt - Because the claim is in respect of an assigned debt the Court makes the following directions for the management of claim.  The claim shall be automatically struck out at 4pm on 3 April 2024 unless, before that time, the Claimant delivers to the Court and to the Defendant the following documents'  It then listed various documents such as an original agreement, deed of assignment, notice of default, statement of account setting out how the alleged debt accrued under that agreement etc.     The Claimant failed to provide these documents within the deadline provided and instead I received a copy of a bundle of documents provided by them in preparation for the court date, this was received weeks after the deadline.    I have called the Court to ask if it has been automatically struck out and they advised that it is not automatic and that I should still send my witness statement by the deadline provided, which is Wednesday.  This does not give me much time to prepare my witness statement.   I have never done anything like this before and I am unclear what my witness statement should include.  My thoughts were that I should keep it simple and stick to the facts, like the fact thy have not provided evidence of the original agreement, or the deed of assignment of the debt.   They have provided a copy of a default notice from Baclaycard dated 2015, this states a figure of £550 but the debt they say I owe is £10k.   I am not sure what makes a valid default notice?   I have previously requested proof of the debt from Barclaycard directly and have evidence of emails between us where they have been unable to provide me with the agreement or any documents at all relating to the debt.   Should I include these as an appendix?  Are there any other documents I should include in my bundle?    I have also tried to mediate with the claimants, to save the court costs and time, on a without prejudice basis, but the claimants solicitors refused to mediate.   Should i state this in my witness statement too to show the judge that I have been reasonable and they haven't? Many thanks   Louise
    • Right that's exactly why so many drivers got caught, it had been that way for many years then suddenly changes with no warning
  • Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

discussion thread - Judgment granted then DG tries it on....

lateralus
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6007 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

The Clerk to the Master of the Rolls

The Master of the Rolls' Private Office

Room E214

The Royal Courts of Justice

The Strand

WC2A 2LL

Fax 020 7947 6544.

http://www.civilappeals.gov.uk/.

If this had or was happening to my case this is what I wouldeb doing........ contact the MOR ^^^^^ and making a formal complaint as the courts are not applying their own civil procedure rules......... here are the 2 sections that in my own view are relevant......

When judgment or order takes effect

40.7 - (1) A judgment or order takes effect from the day when it is given or made, or such later date as the court may specify.

(2) This rule applies to all judgments and orders except those to which rule 40.10 (judgment against a State) applies.

and

Time for complying with a judgment or order

40.11 A party must comply with a judgment or order for the payment of an amount of money (including costs) within 14 days of the date of the judgment or order, unless -

• (a) the judgment or order specifies a different date for compliance (including specifying payment by instalments);

(b) any of these Rules specifies a different date for compliance; or

© the court has stayed the proceedings or judgment.

(Parts 12 and 14 specify different dates for complying with certain default judgments and judgments on admissions)

NOW THESE ONLY APPLY IN THE 2 FOLLOWING CIRCUMSTANCES.............

A THE COURT STRUCK OUT THE DEFENCE OF IT'S OWN INITATIVE

OR

B YOU APPLIED OT HAVE TI STRUCKOUT AND THIS WAS GRANTED........

INTHE FIRST INSTANCE THEY FAILE DTO COMPLY WITH THE 1ST CORT ORDER..........WHEN YOU MADE YOUR APPLICATION THEYW ERE WRITTEN TO AND GIVEN AGAIN A SPECIFIC TIME TO RESPOND. THEY DID NTO. HENCE JUDGEMENT......

UNDER THE 2 ABOVE RULES THEY CANNOT APPLY TO HAVE IT SET ASIDE USING THE OFT "WAIVER" MY REASONING FO RHTIS IS......

THIS IS NOT A BREACH OF THE BANKING TERMS AND CONDITIONS UNDER WHICH THE "WAIVER" APPLIES...

THIS IS BREACH OF COURT CIVIL PROCEDURE RULES............ TOTALLY DIFFERENT AND THEREFORE THE OFT WAIVER HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THIS........IT IS FURTHER PROOF OF "ABUSE OF PROCESS" AND MANIPULATIONS.....

Now sorry forgot the caps......lol.... if ti was me they way I woudl be procceeding is A write tothe court pointing this out( anyone who wnats help compose a letter jsut shout)

my next move would be to write or fax the MOR as he is the seinor judge in charge of this.............. he has to be made aware of these breaches he has the power to act and he will ahve to........

next contact the OFT and this is urgent as they 2 month trial period is up ont he 27th sept...........

this again shows clear breach of the "waiver" it shows clearly they are abusing the OFT waiver............. it is not relevant in your cases.......the more that do complain the better the chance of the "waiver" being withdrawn and all cases would then have to progress as they woudl have prior to this deal...........

again this is only my view and if ti was me, I would also be throwing in the fact that Article 6 of the human rights act 1998 is definately cominginto play here as it is looking like active discrimination.............PLEASE READ THAT CAREFULLY I DID SAY IT IS LOOKING LIKE.....

now all the above is onyl my own thoughts and views at theend of the day it is down to the individual to make their own choice.........

if any of this has been helpful ro you think I can help you in any other way, composing letters about the obve or just to soundoff at, please feel free.........

I do hope this is of help:):)

rockin all over the world

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The OFT is based in central London at:

Fleetbank House

2-6 Salisbury Square

London

EC4Y 8JX

For the OFT switchboard or to contact OFT Enquiries via the switchboard, please ring 020 7211 8000.

I cannot find an email addy or fax number on their web site but it might be worth a call to the switchboard and ask for it:):):)

ok baased on what appears to be coming a common problem, have composed this letter for you tosend to the OFT...........NOW THIS IS ONYL MY SUGGESTION. PLEASE FEEL FREE TO ALTER IT OR DELETE WHAT EVER AND WHERE EVER YOU FEEL.................

Your name and address here

Your claim reference number

Dear Sir

I am writing with regards my bank charges claim, whilst being aware of the OFT announcement of the 27th July and the waiver given to the banks.

I wish to make you aware of their abuse of this waiver, judgement was awarded to me on the courts own initiative as “Abuse of Process” the court took this decision based on the fact that the service of the required paperwork on myself and the court had not been met.

The court then sent out this order and it gave the defendant a further 7 or 14 days to respond if they wished to have it stayed, varied or set aside, the defendant failed to comply with this order also. They submitted their request late “alleging” that it was administrative error. The grounds for this request are the OFT waiver.

The OFT waiver does not apply as these are breaches of the Civil Procedure Rules,

40.7 - (1) A judgment or order takes effect from the day when it is given or made, or such later date as the court may specify.

(2) This rule applies to all judgments and orders except those to which rule 40.10 (judgment against a State) applies.

Judgment against a State in default of acknowledgment of service

40.10 - (1) Where the claimant obtains default judgment under Part 12 on a claim against a State where the defendant has failed to file an acknowledgment of service, the judgment does not take effect until 2 months after service on the State of -

(a) a copy of the judgment; and

(b) a copy of the evidence in support of the application for permission to enter default judgment (unless the evidence has already been served on the State in accordance with an order made under Part 12).

(2) In this rule, "State" has the meaning given by section 14 of the State Immunity Act 1978[50].

This is yet further evidence of the banks continual manipulation of the waiver and the courts system, you cannot allow this to continue and I respectfully request you inform

DG Solicitors, 12 Calthorpe Road, Edgbaston BI5 1QZ that in case (quote your case reference number here ) the waiver is not applicable due to the fact it is breaches of the Civil Procedure Rules, which is in fact an act of parliament.

It is also possible that under section 148_7.c of The Financial Service and Markets Act 2000 there has been a breach also, here is the relevant section

Modification or waiver

148 Modification or waiver of rules

(1) This section applies in relation to the following—

(a) auditors and actuaries rules;

(b) control of information rules;

© financial promotion rules;

(d) general rules;

(e) insurance business rules;

(f) money laundering rules; and

(g) price stabilising rules.

(2) The Authority may, on the application or with the consent of an authorised person, direct that all or any of the rules to which this section applies—

(a) are not to apply to the authorised person; or

(b) are to apply to him with such modifications as may be specified in the direction.

(3) An application must be made in such manner as the Authority may direct.

(4) The Authority may not give a direction unless it is satisfied that—

(a) compliance by the authorised person with the rules, or with the rules as unmodified, would be unduly burdensome or would not achieve the purpose for which the rules were made; and

(b) the direction would not result in undue risk to persons whose interests the rules are intended to protect.

(5) A direction may be given subject to conditions.

(6) Unless it is satisfied that it is inappropriate or unnecessary to do so, a direction must be published by the Authority in such a way as it thinks most suitable for bringing the direction to the attention of—

(a) those likely to be affected by it; and

(b) others who may be likely to make an application for a similar direction.

(7) In deciding whether it is satisfied as mentioned in subsection (6), the Authority must—

(a) take into account whether the direction relates to a rule contravention of which is actionable in accordance with section 150;

(b) consider whether its publication would prejudice, to an unreasonable degree, the commercial interests of the authorised person concerned or any other member of his immediate group; and

© consider whether its publication would be contrary to an international obligation of the United Kingdom. Possibly The Human Rights Act 1998 Article 6 of the convention….

(8) For the purposes of paragraphs (b) and © of subsection (7), the Authority must consider whether it would be possible to publish the direction without either of the consequences mentioned in those paragraphs by publishing it without disclosing the identity of the authorised person concerned.

(9) The Authority may—

(a) revoke a direction; or

(b) vary it on the application, or with the consent, of the authorised person to whom it relates.

(10) “Direction” means a direction under subsection (2).

(11) “Immediate group”, in relation to an authorised person (“A”), means—

(a) A;

(b) a parent undertaking of A;

© a subsidiary undertaking of A;

(d) a subsidiary undertaking of a parent undertaking of A;

(e) a parent undertaking of a subsidiary undertaking of A.

It is my understanding that in the first instance this “waiver” is for a 2 month trial period and its continuation is dependant on the bank’s conduct and compliance of the terms set out in the said Waiver”.

This case alone is clear evidence that they have not complied with those agreements and will continue to further abuse the courts and your “waiver”. It is my understanding that mine is not the only case they have used this tactic.

I await your response.

ok vin firstly what are the dates the court issued judgement and what does the order say............ like you have 7 days to apply to have this order varied,ste aside or stayed...........

basicly once the judge orders it struck out it is in actual fact effective from that date............ as the section i pasted in here says.......

now you are objecting under the courts own cicil procedure rules, which is totally different to the oft waiver............ the 2 have no relevance on each other..............

the civil procedure rules are an act of parliement and nothing can interfer with that or over rule it............they are manipulating the waiver to siut their needs......... which under the cpr they cannont..........

now it is possible that the judges are not inactual fact aware of this, it coudl be thatmost are being seen by junior judges, and lets face it there are a lot of rules in the cpr (trust me on that).......

I also think there is a touch of niaveity on the courts parts in that they actually believe that DG or any of them would not actually attempt to pull a stunt like this..............

NOW THIS IS THE VITAL PART YOU MUST REMEMBER THAT THEY WERE ONYL GIVE THIS WAIVER FOR 2 MONTHS TRIAL PERIOD........... IF THEY BREACH IT IT MAY VERY WELL BE REVOKED WHICH IS WHY IT IS VITAL YOU MAKE A COMPLAINTOT THE OFT......... THATS WHAT THE ABOVE LETTER IS FOR ............

i AM NOW GOING TO DRAFT A LETTER FOR THE mor , THE MASTER OF THE ROLLS, THE 3RD HIGHEST JUDGE IN THE LAND AND IT WAS HE WHO SAID NO BLANKET STAYS ETC ETC.........

right back to the drawing board.............:):)

Your details here

Claim ref no…………

Dear Sir Anthony Clarke,

I am writing to you with regards the above mentioned claim and believe that the Civil Procedure Rules are being breach and abused.

My claim was dealt with in the following manner, the Judge struck out the defense as an “Abuse of Process” this was on the 25th July 2007, they had failed to comply with the courts original order. The defendant was sent a copy and had the time specified by the judge in which to respond and have it stayed, set aside or varied.

They failed to comply with this order also, submitting it late and claiming it to be an error in their office, they also stated the reason for this stay was the OFT ruling.

The OFT ruling does not apply in this instance as it is a breach of the Courts Civil Procedure Rules in specific the following.

Judgment against a State in default of acknowledgment of service

40.10 - (1) Where the claimant obtains default judgment under Part 12 on a claim against a State where the defendant has failed to file an acknowledgment of service, the judgment does not take effect until 2 months after service on the State of -

(a) a copy of the judgment; and

(b) a copy of the evidence in support of the application for permission to enter default judgment (unless the evidence has already been served on the State in accordance with an order made under Part 12).

(2) In this rule, "State" has the meaning given by section 14 of the State Immunity Act 1978[50].

Mine is not the only case this is happening to currently and feel that clarification is needed from your office in this regard, it is clear that the bank’s are playing fast and loose with the judiciary and continuing to manipulate the system to their advantage.

I wait your response.

Yours Sincerely.

The court has made this order of its own initiative without a hearing.If you object to the order ,you must make an application to have it set aside,varied or stayed within 7 days of receiving it .IT IS ORDERED THAT 1 the defence be struck out 2Judgement for the amount claimed plus interest plus court fee.. erm am I missing something here. if judgement has been awarded then why is there a hearing???...........

and yes get yourself down to the court first thing in themorning and get the baillifs sent in.......... asap...........:):)

well there is no mention of the stay being applied for the 1st 2 only the 3rd........... so not sure.........

yes "Duke" thats why I did the 2 letters ^^^^^^^^^^^ there. one for the oft and 1 for the MOR:):)

and yes I would say it coudl well hit the fan sometime in the next 4 weeks. as the "waiver" was onyl for 2 months in the first instance:):)all those who have had deadlines missed should write to the OFT and complain............that they are using their waiver to get out of missing deadlines:):)

thanks freaky, I spenmt a lot of time researching the facts and composing the letters.......lol........... yeah I know........ bad form......

thanks for the congrats Duke x........

now my mind is in overtime, having read those articles freaky about the students and how they used facebook to their advantage...........

perhaps it is time we took a more pro-active role, altong with mse and pc............if everyone in the courts system just now was to move their account from HSBC this would seriously affect their profts. wouldnt it? am sure the shareholders will not be too hapy if they see the peasents revolting and it hitting their pockets?........... just a thought........what does anyone else think?

Hi Vin,

have gone back to page 1, both those cases were struck out correct? do you have anything from the court in writing confirming this..........lets get that bit done first because the answer to that kind of has an effect on the rest.......

my thoughts would be yes I would continue withthe letters (if you have confirmation).......... how can they issue a court date if judgement has already been awarded.............. this might require informing hte court they have already granted judgement by sendign them a copy of the order..........

with regards the dreaded bundle, we need to know what the order says. thats the one giving you the court date soem where on it there shoudl be a paragraph that says it is order that either party blah blah blah...........

soon as we have these answer we can help further............

is it possible you have taken your favourites off the left hand of the screen? thisis why the whole cag page appears wider?

ok have you got that in writing for the strike outs????..........sorry to be a pain here but does it say what the hearing is for? and if not phone the court on monday morning and ask?.......

if it was me I would go ahead with the 2 letters. but that is me...........

most importantly I would seek clarification on monday as to what exactly this hearing is for.............

what do you guys think?