Harrassment from Bank of Scotland

Addski
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6095 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I was made redundant in May and unfortunately could not make payments on various credit cards and loans, I've been paying off what I can whilst waiting for my house sale to go through (which should be in 6 weeks). My outgoing living expenses are currently about £50 below my income so don't really have a massive amount to spare. Some of my Creditors have been fairly reasonable but the Bank of Scotland are calling me non-stop, they call me anytime between 8am in the morning to 9pm at night whether its a Monday or Sunday. I offer a payment that I can only just afford but they pester me for more, even if I offer more they ask for more on top!!! They ask if I can borrow off friends or relatives to pay the money I owe them and tell me that i'm accumilating charges not paying.. When I do pay some money to them that I can ill afford i'm called a week later with a request for more.. What is the best course of action to take? i've told them that they will receive an offer of settlement in due course and will have to be patient but they just won't back off!!! Looking at the OFT rules they appear to breaking a lot of them

Absolutely - send the harassment letter, but don't be surprised if they ignore it. Personally I would send it recorded delivery so they can't deny receiving it. Also log every single call.

If you're feeling brave, you could try winding them up a bit by refusing to answer any of their security questions until they answer yours, or pick up the phone and say 'I'm just going to get my credit card', then put it next to a speaker with the volume turned up and see how long they will wait. If you have a read around the site, you'll find plenty more suggestions for revenge.

RMW

"If you want my parking space, please take my disability" Common car park sign in France.