Debits bounced whilst funds available

vandermerwe
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6114 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I took the precaution of using the FD internet banking site to advise I had mailed a cheque to their Camberley address to cover some £50 odd worth of small debit orders due yesterday.

No internet reply received just a phone call to say they had bounced the DOs and "what did I mean by Camberley address?"

I pointed out it was the address printed on the envelope they had sent for the mailing of cheques.

The woman seemed not to know what I was talking about. I tried to get into my account as she was speaking but was unable to do so at the same time as her.

A couple of hours later I obtained access and there was my 'Camberley' credit sitting in the account - but no debits.

Today - guess what - charges for bouncing!

Obviously a case of left hands and right hands, but I suppose I have now got to go back to the three companies involved, grovel, and ask them to re-present the debits.

Anyone have any idea whether I have any comeback?

And how can a bank employee - particularly one from a bank than handles all transactions by mail - not know what address they use on their own self-addressed envelopes?:mad:

Vandermerwe

Hi Vandermerwe

I would contact the manager or a Supervisor in charge. If you can clearly prove you had money there, then they should refund it. Also there should be a log in ID, so they can see what happened to the account.

• Haha 1

WARNING TO ALL

Please be aware of acting on advice given by PM .Anyone can make mistakes and if advice is given on the main forum people can see it to correct it ,if given privately then no one can see it to correct it. Please also be aware of giving your personal details to strangers

Thanks UKA. I see you give a lot of help to 'newbies'.

I'll put an appropriate letter on the pile. Am hoping to get my parachute account early next week when I shall feel (hopefully) a bit more relaxed as

FD are owned by HSBC which has been helping themselves to my state benefits in huge chunks as "arrangement fees".

Thanks again.

Van

I opened up a Nat West Step account, which you can do online. If you do start the process of applying on the website, make sure you have all of your details at hand, as the website is on a timer. You will have to put it all back in again the next time. I try and help everybody, as i know what it is like being broke. It's not cheap learning to Fly.

Uk

WARNING TO ALL

Please be aware of acting on advice given by PM .Anyone can make mistakes and if advice is given on the main forum people can see it to correct it ,if given privately then no one can see it to correct it. Please also be aware of giving your personal details to strangers