Welcome Finance - This company needs to be banned.

tightbum
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4556 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

can any one help with this i took the loan with welcome but land registy have it as progressive financial services can they do that my loan is with welcome den

This is what I found on the companies house:-

Name & Registered Office:

WELCOME FINANCIAL SERVICES LIMITED

KINGSTON HOUSE CENTRE 27 BUSINESS PARK

WOODHEAD ROAD

BIRSTALL, BATLEY

WEST YORKSHIRE

ENGLAND

WF17 9TD

Company No. 00133540

spacer.gifspacer.gifspacer.gifspacer.gifStatus: Active

Date of Incorporation: 23/01/1914

Country of Origin: United Kingdom

Company Type: Private Limited Company

Nature of Business (SIC(03)):

6522 - Other credit granting

Accounting Reference Date: 31/12

Last Accounts Made Up To: 31/12/2007 (FULL)

Next Accounts Due: 31/10/2009

Last Return Made Up To: 24/05/2008

Next Return Due: 21/06/2009

Last Members List: 24/05/2008

Previous Names:Date of changePrevious Name23/12/2002TELEPLAN RENTALS LIMITED27/10/1987REFUGE SUPPLY COMPANY LIMITED01/12/2006PROGRESSIVE FINANCIAL SERVICES LIMITEDBranch Details There are no branches associated with this company.

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

Hi.... I have managed to get a firm of solicitors who are going to take on my case against Welcome Finance.

They advised me adding PPI to the loan together with acceptance feee was breach of Consumer Credit Act 1974.

We not just getting are PPI back but issuing proceedings against then to scrap the loan.

I will let you know how I get on.....

• 4 weeks later...

Just to let you guys know I have managed to get a firm of solicitors who will take on my case against Welcome Finance on a no win no fee basis.

There are lots of breaches on the Welcome Finance Agreement and the PPI appears to missold. Looking at the Script does not detail any information which claims to be asked or noted.

Total Charge for Credit

Cancellation Rights

PPI added to the Loan

Figures appears to have been mis calculated

etc etc

If anyone wants to know the solicitors are send me a PM.

• 2 months later...

I wrote to Welcome requesting information they held in accordance with section 7 of the Data Protection Act 1998 and they failed to reply within the 40 days. For the past 4 months they have been playing games.

The words I would use about this company would not be suitable for this website... so will leave it to your imagination...

Now only choice we have is legal action.......

• 2 weeks later...

[COLOR="Red"]I am going to ISSUE Court Proceedings now this company has been clowning around for over 4 months now.....and we have no choice.

Not a nice company to deal with

WATCH THIS SPACE.... They something I want to say about this company which would not be appropriate for this website....[/color]

They breached the data protection act did not reply within the 40 days of the request. The failed to disclose documents which forms a part of disclosure and missold PPI.

Terms of the loan was 8 years only covered me for 5 years. Joint application and only one applicant was covered.... lots of other misselling

GUESS WHAT ... Welcome have decided to settle our claim upon our final letter giving them seven days otherwise we will issue court proceedings...

My legal research has paid off... once again... I have 5 more cases to resolve and happy to help... anyone where I can..

If you look at my postings there are tips on what I had found and shares with other consumers...

IF YOU WANT SOME HELP PLEASE PRIVATE MESSAGE ME... I will help where I can..

Have you scene this?

Welcome Finance firm suspends more directors

Welcome finance firm suspends more directors

Tuesday, March 10, 2009, 08:33

10 readers have commented on this story.

Click here to read their views.

CONSUMER loans firm Cattles, which runs Nottingham's Welcome Finance, suspended another three directors today as it warned the crisis over accounting errors would leave it deep in the red.

The firm will now be forced to seek waivers from lenders after admitting it may be in breach of borrowing covenants.

Cattles, which employs 1,000 people in Nottingham, said last week that a "breakdown in internal controls" had led to accounting policies on bad loans being applied incorrectly.

An ongoing review into the matter by accountancy firm Deloitte led to Cattles issuing two profit warnings in recent weeks.

Cattles said today it now expected it would incur a significant loss for 2008 and that financial statements for 2007 would also need to be restated.

1x1.GIF

The firm said finance director James Corr, chief operating officer Ian Cummine and Welcome's compliance and risk director Adrian Cummings had been suspended pending the outcome of a review.

Chief executive David Postings has taken direct control of the Welcome business after three executives at the division – managing director John Blake, finance director Peter Miller and operations director Mick Belcher – were suspended last week.

Cattles' annual results, which were due for release last month, have been delayed pending the review of its impairment policies.

It is the latest blow to the company, which recently conceded defeat in its long-running attempt to secure a licence for banking deposits.

Nobody should be surprised by this - David Postings couldn't run a bath as anybody that works for Barclays will tell you..

• harry, The City
    Report abuse commented on 10-Mar-2009 13:15

Name *
    Email *
    What is the primary reason you are reporting this message as abusive? General Abuse Profanity Explicit Content Impersonation Harassment Slander Racial Abuse Religious Abuse Spam Private Information
    Additional Comments?

• I went for an interview there in December where they promised they were getting the banking license. Im glad I didnt go back for 2nd interview !

Brassed Off 2 I have sent you two messages.. if they dont come through let me know.

Finally they settled our claim for misselling of PPI the new credit agreement arrived today.

I drafted the particulars of claim last night and was ready to put my claim in the small claims court next week . I am 100% confident.

I want to attach a final letter that I had received from them but was unable to do so...

If you would like me to send you a copy of their final letter let me have your email address.

I would like to stress this company really knows how to wind you up..

My legal research has paid off again...... I have helped many people win their cases. I have been researching different aspects of law for many years. I had a bad experience with a few solicitors who did not know what they were doing and wanted large sums of money for doing practically nothing, hence I decided to do it myself. I,m not knocking them and there are some good ones... somewhere?:)

Their credit agreement states the following:-

£10.00 if they have to call you I called them about 15 times in the space of 6 months £150.00

£10.00 if they have to write you I wrote to them 11 times £110.00

£20.00 if payment is returned unpaid Charge Daily interest on PPI

£25.00 if they have to visit you I have not visited them so if I do I will charge them £25.00

and interest on interest.

I would recommend anyone contacting either by phone or letter to charge the same, this would mean you have equal rights under the contract. These people do not communicate internally and pass you around department to department.

They do not update their systems .. Always ask them for a copy of the recording if the call is recorded.

Edited by MarkieMark

Hi MarkieMark,

Agree with you totally.

I have NEVER in all my life dealt with such a firm of incompetent cowboys.

I really hope they die a slow and painful death very soon.

Take care

Voda

I am going to take the cowboys to court now. No more silly games... they really now how to wind you up..

I know other people who will be issuing court proceedings also...

The old rules apply to agreements made prior to april 2007, therefore if PPI was not a condition for making the agreement then the agreement could be potentially unenforceable. Breaches in the execution of the Act.

Anyone wants a good read I would strongly recommend the following large binders............

I purchased the following books Encyclopedia of Consumer Credit Law by A G Guest & M G Lloyd ( Sweet & Maxwell) Volume 1&2

Also Consumer Credit Legislation by Goode Volume 1,2,3

I have been researching the consumer credit act for a while now and I cannot believe the number of credit agreements which could be rendered as being unenforceable.

I sometimes wonder why personal loans need to be on variable rates? is this because they increase the APR when someone dont pay up? mmmmm I wonder.

• 2 weeks later...

Welcome Finance Agreements are in breach of the Consumer Credit 1974 and also Consumer Credit Act 2006.

Anyone wants to see the listed breaches drop me a private message.

Edited by MarkieMark

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4556 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks