Carlwrighteous Vs Barclays

carlwrighteous
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6137 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi... i started a thread ages ago but only just plucked up the courage to send the SAR. I've now received my statements after 34 days (Not bad Barclays!!)

Anyway... I'M CONFUSED as to what i can claim back. i've been looking around the forumtil i'm dizzy so can anyone help.

I'm gonna use the simple spreadsheet to work out my charges but:

1) Is it easier/advisable to only claim for paid refferal fees ( ie £30 charge for being over my limit or for an unpaid direct debit) and leave out any small amounts of interest they have charged?

2) If so do i claim the whole charge and can i claim every one (What if barclays charge me £30 each time a payment or withdrawal takes me further into my overdraft?)

3) When filling in the spreadsheet, do i literally delete the column which refers to the 8% statutory interest?

I know these questions probably seem extremely dim but i just wanna be absolutely sure i'm doing it right.

HELP!!!!

1) Is it easier/advisable to only claim for paid refferal fees ( ie £30 charge for being over my limit or for an unpaid direct debit) and leave out any small amounts of interest they have charged?

Yes its easier :)

2) If so do i claim the whole charge and can i claim every one (What if barclays charge me £30 each time a payment or withdrawal takes me further into my overdraft?)

yes the whole amount of the charge

3) When filling in the spreadsheet, do i literally delete the column which refers to the 8% statutory interest?

Dont delete anything ... just overwrite the 1st 3 columns

this thread shows you what to do exactly http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/barclays-bcard-woolwich-successes/7226-maisielou-barclays.html#post50088

When filling in the spreadsheet, do i literally delete the column which refers to the 8% statutory interest?

I take it you mean for the first letters?

Fill in the spreadsheet fully; you'll get the interest worked out automatically. Save your work somewhere safe. For your prelim letter and LBA you can delete the interest columns, as you can't really claim interest at this stage - DON'T save the spreadsheet once you've deleted those columns!

Every time you open the saved spreadsheet, the interest will be updated to the current date.

;)

I'm preparing the preliminary approach for repayment letter and as i understand it i should take any reference to the 8% interst out. I'm not sure how to re-word it. I have chaged it to:

I calculate that you have taken £XXXXX.

I enclose a schedule of the charges which I am claiming with this letter.

does anyone know if this is ok or if theres a standard format for this part of the letter?