Chidda vs. Abbey - 2nd letter sent, abbey need 4 weeks to investigate

Chidda
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6117 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi guys,

After much hassle, I finally got a list of my bank charges so I sent off my first letter requesting my money back. After 14 days no reply so sent off 2nd letter saying about going through the courts to get it back.

I have no had a letter from abbey saying that they have recieved my complaint and that they need 4 weeks to investigate my case.

So what should I do now, do they really need 4 weeks to look into it or are they using delaying tatics. Do I ring up the courts after 14 days and say I want to take them to court, quite nervous if I have too.

I must say its been a right pain in the arse to even get a list of my charges from the past 5 years. Even after I sent another complaint letter, I got the list through but only from the start of 2004. I found abbey to be uncoperative and Im sick and tired of ringing them up and being put through to a call centre in another country who dont have a clue.

Hi there and welcome, if you have any statements missing, email [email protected] and remind her of her obligations under the data protection act.

Ignore their letters, they are standard crap, stick to the recommended timetable and if you get stuck or need any help, we are all here waiting to help

take care

Lula

Lula v Abbey - Settled

Lula v Abbey (2) - Settled

Lula v Abbey (3) - Stayed

i got several letters from abbey saying that they are demanding all my bank cards and cheque books back and if i dont send them back they are going to send some one round to get them at my cost and they are going to register me as a bad debter and when i rang them they told me they did it months ago it is all over the charges they kept giving me so i now have 4 different court proccedings against the abbey going on

same as me edmund69, I did give mine back and when I complete my 2nd claim beyond the 6 years (after I have successfully retreived my claim from Jan 2001), I will close the account as at the moment we have stopped all our commitments both into and out of the account and frozen any interest which could be charged as we are in dispute with them and they can't charge you. Sometimes it is better to make a clean break if you can.

My inlaws have been with Yorkshire bank for more than 25 years and I have just started helping them with their claim thanks to all the advice gladly given out on this site, we have decided to go back as far as the bank has records for them, and I know what hardships they went through 15-20 years ago so I reckon with a little help they should be looking at a nice little nest egg (both retired).

It may be a long hard battle but we started the claim before the OFT test case be it by 2 days but that will not put us off, why wait for a decision which could take a year or more for judgement, atleast if everything is in place it is down to the presiding judge at which ever court to say yes or no NOT the banks as people and the press are being led to believe.

regards

chris

i got several letters from abbey saying that they are demanding all my bank cards and cheque books back and if i dont send them back they are going to send some one round to get them at my cost and they are going to register me as a bad debter and when i rang them they told me they did it months ago it is all over the charges they kept giving me so i now have 4 different court proccedings against the abbey going on

Did they do this because you were trying to get your charges back?

Getting a bit scared now, lol.

Also on the letter I sent (basically using the template off here), I included the part about having a bad credit rating because of the charges I recieved. If this went to court, how do I go about having my credit rating sorted?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Help!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi Just about to send letter to ABBEY to claim back bank charges. Can I include over the six years ie it starts april 2001 or do I have to include this as a seperate claim and start initially from August 2001??