Foolproof Guarantor letter

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6145 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everone.

I have been asked to send a guarantor letter to my son's landlord for the rent. Can anyone direct me to a foolproof template which will not involve me signing my life away? I do not trust the landlord and suspect that he will try to keep my son's(and his housemates') deposit. I do not wish too end up paying the final month'srent if the kids need to withhold it to get their money back.

If he has moved in, and in reference to your other thread, I would suggest sending no letter at all. You are under no obligation to do so. The only possible outcome could be eviction, which he has proceeded with anyway.

7 years in retail customer service

Expertise in letting and rental law for 6 years

By trade - I'm an IT engineer working in the housing sector.

Please note that any posts made by myself are for information only and should not and must not be taken as correct or factual. If in doubt, consult with a solicitor or other person of equal legal standing.

Please click the star if I have helped!!

Thanks for this MrShed. I really do not know how to advise my son and other med students. They are stressed out preparing for exams at the moment and when they finish they only have a three week holiday before they are back on the wards. Not long enough to find another place for all of them.

Well, with reference to your other thread. When did they move in? Has the landlord given formal written notice yet?

7 years in retail customer service

Expertise in letting and rental law for 6 years

By trade - I'm an IT engineer working in the housing sector.

Please note that any posts made by myself are for information only and should not and must not be taken as correct or factual. If in doubt, consult with a solicitor or other person of equal legal standing.

Please click the star if I have helped!!

The kids seem to have sorted themselves out. This is their second year in the house with 12 month contract being renewed form end of July. They have decided to stay until the 6 months are up. During this time they will find alternative digs and move in the new year when they are free of exams for a while. This means the landlord will not do the work until they have left - I think.

Thanks for your help MrShed