hi advice needed!?!

ej3166
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6146 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi all,

well today i recieved great advice on here and won against halifax.

the advice i need is now for this case:

currently have mcol claim against natwide for £2130.96p but am overdrawn by £400.

currently this account is now with a debt managment company which i set up and natwide or bailiff company are receiving monthly payments via payment arrangement.

will they still pay any claims(assuming i win) into that account or directly to me.i have not used account for years and have no cards etc.is it worth me going to natwide tomorrow and closing the accounts in branch before they pay into them?will they let me close them? since they are with debt people i assume they have just kept open.

my claim on mcol has been aknowledged they have till the 18th to respond i think.

also is that right.claim was issued on 15 june,deemed to be served on 20th.natwide aknowledged on 19 june!! so i belive now they have till 18th july,does that sound correct??

many thanks to all those who can help

ejx

Hi ej.

Firstly, banks tend to refund charges into your account. The bank would then use part of the charges to offset the debt on this account.

Secondly, you can't close an account that has an outstanding debt on it - you'd have to clear the debt first. However, your charges (when refunded) amount to substantially more than the debt you owe to Nationwide. It may be worthwhile repaying the debt, withdrawing the outstanding balance, closing the account and taking your customer elsewhere.

However, you may be lucky and receive a cheque payment - many do! I'd be inclined to think though (first and foremost) that they'd refund the charges into your open account.

With regards to the court claim - they have 28 days to submit a defence from the date your claim was deemed served on them.

Can't find what you're looking for? Please have a look at Michael Browne's

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

I do not answer queries via PM. If you send me a PM, please include a link to your thread - any advice I am able to offer will be on your thread.

currently this account is now with a debt managment company which i set up and natwide or bailiff company are receiving monthly payments via payment arrangement.

will they still pay any claims(assuming i win) into that account or directly to me.

The following link will answer your question...

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/show-post/post-902668.html

...although methinks the timescales will be too great, before Nationwide settle your Claim!