• Tweets

• Hello, I'm wondering if someone can advise me on something. I'm appealing an order and have been asked to submit an appeal bundle and the below points are required to be included: 1) transcript of the judgment of the lower court on other record of reasons.  2) Statement of case. I'm wondering if anyone knows that "on other record of reasons" means. Also for statement of case would it just be a long document covering the reason for the claim, the findings of the lower court, why it was wrong and what I seek instead?   Thanks,
    • Hello, Thanks for the advice. I asserted my rights to reject and they accepted it and said they will refund me the full amount.  My question now is how long do they usually take to collect the vehicle? I've made it clear that I'm available for them to collect it whenever and I've been told its been passed on to the collections team. I chased it up today as its also raining heavily at the moment.  I just wondered if anyone had any experience on how long they usually take to collect? I'd obviously like it collected as soon as possible as I need to purchase another car.  Is it likely they will drag on the process of collection and what can I do if they do?  Thanks!
    • Why are FCA’s “name and shame” proposals causing a stir?View the full article
    • I am coming back to this thread after receiving a Single envelope containing 2 letters: 1 from Max Recovery telling me that my account was transferred to Drydens Fairfax in 2007 1 from Drydens Fairfax telling me that they are under instruction from their client to seek repayment.   These relate to a Barclays Overdraft from the early 00s, last payment through PayPlan was 04 June 2019, but neither of the letters are from Barclays themselves.   I have informed Drydens in both May 2019 and June 2023 of changes of address. No letters beyond a confirmation of the change and a request for finanical details have been received, which ive ignored.   What i was wanting to know is do i just ignore these as per previous advice? I know that i cant CCA an overdraft debt but what is the usual "plan" for dealing with old overdraft debts? Am i trying to run the clock down until June 2025 when it becomes statue barred?
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Please help-can't work it out!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6000 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello again,

Mmm methinks someones telling porkies at NW!

after couple e-mails this person wont answer me any more:rolleyes:

she insists they've got no info bout loans+wont budge on gogw offer.

anyway today i rang credit management at NW +yes they have all info about loans!:D but they wont give me info-i have to ring edinburgh number +they will tell me all!!!!!!!!

Sooooo.......why cant cust relations mgr get it?are they deliberately keeping it from me...but why??

so should i get info for myself?or ask cust relations why they say havent any info?or do them for non-compliance of Data Protection Act +CCArequest?;)

shirl

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi

im trying to work out the interest on my PPi's and have read this thread and tried to work out the formula but i keep coming up with a different figure

im missing something 237+18.9% =281, 281-237 = 44.79 how come is it that the correct figure is over £75.00.

Help!!!

Hi

im trying to work out the interest on my PPi's and have read this thread and tried to work out the formula but i keep coming up with a different figure

im missing something 237+18.9% =281, 281-237 = 44.79 how come is it that the correct figure is over £75.00.

Help!!!

Hello Lindy,

It is truely not the easiest of things to work out.

What are you trying to do???

If any of my posts are helpful, please feel free to click my scales. All information is given as my opinion only, based on my own personal experiences. I have no legal training, but have educated myself in aspects of consumer legislation. My motto "NEVER GIVE IN, NEVER SURRENDER", THERE IS A WAR ON YOU KNOW

Hi

im trying to work out the interest on my ppi charges. i read through this thread, and using the figures already provided by Shirl tried to get to the same result, but couldnt, and cant figure out where im going wrong? (easily done)

the easiest one is

loan £10,000 +

PPI £2,388.10 (total added to loan amount) £52.34pm

interest (i think) 11.8 apr

£293.04 per month over 5 years

now repaid no claim made on PPI no defaults

Loan 48,500

17 years

apr 6.500 fixed at 5.99

PPI £24.25pm

total amount of ppi unknown never received any paperwork on it

monthly repayments £403.78

still ongoing

i have tried to access the spreadsheet, but on my computer the link does not take me straight to a spreadsheet but a site that is selling stuff. is this the right site?

thanks

Hello again,

Mmm methinks someones telling porkies at NW!

after couple e-mails this person wont answer me any more:rolleyes:

she insists they've got no info bout loans+wont budge on gogw offer.

anyway today i rang credit management at NW +yes they have all info about loans!:D but they wont give me info-i have to ring edinburgh number +they will tell me all!!!!!!!!

Sooooo.......why cant cust relations mgr get it?are they deliberately keeping it from me...but why??

so should i get info for myself?or ask cust relations why they say havent any info?or do them for non-compliance of Data Protection Act +CCArequest?;)

shirl

heloooooooo.....bump please!

heloooooooo.....bump please!

Hiya Shirl,

Surely you have not just realised that the Nasywest tell littles porky pies.

It is funny how one department that is dealing with your claim, cannot provide essential information for your claim, but if you ring a different department that has the same databases, and because they are not aware the reason you are asking, they can put it up on the databases and tell you the info you are asking about.

NW telling porkies, :o never, they are failing to disclose the information that you are entitled to have. Breaching the dpa yes in non compliance of your SAR and breaching the cca, by not providing credit agreement.

The main problem is they think they are so clever, but just end up digging a bigger hole for themselves.

If any of my posts are helpful, please feel free to click my scales. All information is given as my opinion only, based on my own personal experiences. I have no legal training, but have educated myself in aspects of consumer legislation. My motto "NEVER GIVE IN, NEVER SURRENDER", THERE IS A WAR ON YOU KNOW

Hi Shirl

cant advise but can support. get the sods. can you claim compo on top to cover costs for phone calls, postage, time and stress. NW acknowledging these extra costs to you, and giving you a small recompense would be a goodwill gesture. your getting charges back is not goodwill becasue they shouldnt have had those funds in the first place. what a liberty!

Shirls

thanx for support lindyhop!

sandra, thanx for reply,could i be really cheeky +ask you if you could update the amount they owe me on both loans until present date please...pretty please?

what i want to do is show them up to date what they owe me +tell them that if they dont pay up i'll take them to court for non-compliance of DPA +cca.i'll also slip in how i've found out they're lying.;) (i've tried to do it myself but cant make figures behave themselves!i'm thick!):eek:

thanx so much shirl

thanx for support lindyhop!

sandra, thanx for reply,could i be really cheeky +ask you if you could update the amount they owe me on both loans until present date please...pretty please?

what i want to do is show them up to date what they owe me +tell them that if they dont pay up i'll take them to court for non-compliance of Data Protection Act +cca.i'll also slip in how i've found out they're lying.;) (i've tried to do it myself but cant make figures behave themselves!i'm thick!):eek:

thanx so much shirl

Hello Shirl,

If you want me to do the figures again, you will have to either post the infor I have already goven you on the thread or pm me. I have not keep the figures as I would hate to be breaching the dpa by storing your personal data of my computor:D LOL

many thanx sandra!could you just have look at post 14 again for me please?should the figures you've given me there be-

from may 98

312.52 = 229.60 @8%

312.52 = 542.44 @18.9%

should both figs be added together ie 542.12 @8%

854.96 @18.9%???

think i may have put lower fig in my claim!oops!

many thanx sandra!could you just have look at post 14 again for me please?should the figures you've given me there be-

from may 98

312.52 = 229.60 @8%

312.52 = 542.44 @18.9%

should both figs be added together ie 542.12 @8%

854.96 @18.9%??? No absolutely not, you can ask for one or the other. I have shown you both the figures, so that you ask for the figure with the contractual interest

think i may have put lower fig in my claim!oops!

Hello Shirl,

Sorry To be honest shirl, I am well and truely knackered, been out most of the night and day on call. and got to bed at 4.30pm today and just got up, so I am feeling a bit crappy to say the least.

I need to have a clear head to respond to the figure , cos looking at them now it is gobble dee gook. and I don't want to get it wrong for you.

I will have a look tomorrow for you, need food and sleep

hi,no they've stopped saying that now!

the reason i asked was because the 8%figure works out at less than the original amount i paid ie i was charged 312.52 but asking for it back inc 8%interest only works out at 229.60?

am i missing something here?or just dim:confused: lol

hi,no they've stopped saying that now!

the reason i asked was because the 8%figure works out at less than the original amount i paid ie i was charged 312.52 but asking for it back inc 8%interest only works out at 229.60?

am i missing something here?or just dim:confused: lol

Hello Shirl,

Yes If you paid £312.53 in May 1998 the 8% stst interest of top would be calculated at £462.56 bringing it to a total of £795.06

Remind me of the interest rate they applied to the loan again

ok here goes=

may98

£1500 loan+£237 PPI paid for 18 mths then consolidated into new loan.

you calc £237+£75.52 int at 18.9%.then on top of that i want int at 18.9% to date.

so 1. £312.52 @8%= ???

2. £312.52 @18.9%= ????

thats 1st loan!

dec 99 £2570 loan+£521 PPI. charged 15.9%on this one(i think)no less anyway!

54 payments of £80 ending sept 2004

so 1 -ppi £521+int of 15.9% for length of loan +int to date of 15.9%

or 2 -ppi £521+ int of 15.9% for length of loan +int to date of 8%thats it!!!

hope you can help:o :cool::D thanx shirl

ok here goes=

may98

£1500 loan+£237 PPI paid for 18 mths then consolidated into new loan.

you calc £237+£75.52 int at 18.9%.then on top of that i want int at 18.9% to date.

so 1. £312.52 @8%= ???

2. £312.52 @18.9%= ????

thats 1st loan!

dec 99 £2570 loan+£521 PPI. charged 15.9%on this one(i think)no less anyway!

54 payments of £80 ending sept 2004

so 1 -ppi £521+int of 15.9% for length of loan +int to date of 15.9%

or 2 -ppi £521+ int of 15.9% for length of loan +int to date of 8%thats it!!!

hope you can help:o :cool::D thanx shirl

Hello Shirl the pest,

What was the date of the loan, I need a more precise date, if we are going to be accurate.

Let me know as soon as please.

hi sandra,

i sent dates back to you last night on pm.

1st loan was 14/5/98

2nd loan was 16/12/99

many thanx :D shirl

Hello Shirl.

I have worked out the figures for the first loan including the rebate they state they gave you

The ppi and interest at 8%

Ppi and interest £312.52. If this figure is correct

Date of loan 14/05/1998 to refund of £111.00 15/12/1999

14/05/1998 £312.52 interest to 15/12/1999 is £39.80 = £352.32 minus rebate of £111.00 = £241.32

£241.32 at 8% from 16/12/99 to today 30/10/2007 =£393.58

At contractual interest of 18.9%

Ppi and interest £312.52 from 14/05/89 to refund is £406.54 minus £111.00 = £295.54

Contractual interest from 16/12/99 of £295.54 is £439.97 = £735.57

So will look at the second loan tomorrow, I have a headache now, It is really not easy to calculate these figures.

Please check that you are happy with these figures.

Hi HHNF & Shirl, it's the other Shirl (s) hijacking again!

HHNF. how on earth did you find out that they were charging the total intereset premium each year for 10 years?

what on earth would have possessed them? was it some kind of clerical error? i mean how could they justify trying to get away with charging this type of interest?

i know i know they are a large financial instit and all that, but they couldnt seriously have expected to get away with it? are they not audited? there must be some outside agency go in on a reg basis and check over their paperwork (live cases). ie random samples on each of services they offer.

by the way first draft of POC done, but taking a break to go back and review over the weekend. got struck on how to introduce the mis representation act into claim, and fraud act 2006 (which i will have to read up first).

will post on my thread when complete. if nothing else it will put a smile on your face, as i am sure it will read like the biggest load of BS you have ever read in your live, bigger even that the BS we customers have been getting from the financial instit for years. this will only be because not sure how to state the facts so that they look as impressive as the points on bank charges POC. but hey gotta start somewhere

Shirl. good luck with your next email to nasty west.

have either of you thought about inviiting this young woman over for tea one night or arranging to meet over a game of golf and thrash out the matter:) the personal touch of a whack round the head with a golf iron or tea pot should sort out the reclaim issue pronto :D that or a short term in clink, but dont worry as long as you are out within 6 years of raising your original complaint you will still be able to follow it up on release:D :D :D

please excuse me in a silly mood. and of course i dont advocate violence;)

Shirls

Hello Shirl and Shirl,

When I started the claim with the nasywest. I did not know that they had charged 8.9% of interest of the premium every year for ten years. It was after my lba and when they made a goodwill gesture. They told me the ppi was still running and that they would cancel it, work out the rebates and give me 50% of what I had paid.

I asked them to write to me with the figures. and that is when I realised how much interest they charged me. I was totally shocked. I then rang them for clarification and told them that this was totally unacceptable and that is when they asked me what I wanted. I got the whole premium and interest, the rebate after cancelling the ppi, went to reduce the balance and I got a chque for over £7,000. It is almost like you have to chip and chip at them, because they will withhold the true. In the claim I am doing now, they will not tell me how much interest they applied to these loans. So I have calculated them on the basis of my previous experience. For armed is for warned.

Now as for your poc lindy, please read this thread by Zootscoot regarding the fraud act.

[/url]

PPI Claims

hi there,

just shows that banks have been able to do whatever they like ,up to recent times no-ones been aware they were fleecing customers unlawfully!

but now the worm has turned........go get em

thanks for your support-but HHNF has given me so much help+advice which has spurred me on to keep going!

shirl

whats up with this thread??this post been stuck halfway up page???!!!!

hi sandra,

thank you so much-really great detail!no wonder you've got headache!

figures look good-even i can understand it;)

once again really appreciate giving your time to help me

shirl

hi there,

just shows that banks have been able to do whatever they like ,up to recent times no-ones been aware they were fleecing customers unlawfully!

but now the worm has turned........go get em

thanks for your support-but HHNF has given me so much help+advice which has spurred me on to keep going!

shirl

whats up with this thread??this post been stuck halfway up page???!!!!

Hello Shirl,

We've all gone weird for some reason this morning.:confused: Lets see where this post end up

hi sandra,

thank you so much-really great detail!no wonder you've got headache!

figures look good-even i can understand it;)

once again really appreciate giving your time to help me

shirl

Goodmorning pest.

Headache gone this morning.

These figures that I have worked out for you, may or maynot be correct. They may have applied more interest to the ppi than I have worked out. That was just a simple calculation of interest, but they may have added more over the term. They are very crafty, because they hide the interest charged for ppi in the overall charge for credit.

ie. One of my claims with the Natwest

If the ppi was £4,600 and ran for 10yrs, they calculate the interest at 8.9% over the term. So they calculated the interest at 8.9% = £409.40.

They then applied this interest every year for 10years, so a staggering £4,094 was added in interest. So the charge for ppi and interest to the loan was £8,609.40

So I have just worked on the simple interest they applied to the loan, but the figures maybe higher. They won't be less.

The second loan,

£602.26 from 16/12/1999

8% interest £602.26 + £379.64

15.9% int £602.26 + £754.53

Hope you can understand what I mean about the interest applied.