• Tweets

• Hi. I am reading through the full thread and will continue to research. I have come across a reference to a form called N180 DQ in the thread, but I cannot see any reference to this form in my case nor can I see it on the MoneyClaim website. Should I have been sent this form? Thanks 
    • 12mph (beyond any UK limit) will certainly qualify for a Fixed Penalty. So you should received an offer of a FP for each of the remaining two offences. Be sure to submit your licence details as instructed when you accept the offer. If you don't your £100 will be returned to you and the police will prosecute you in court.
    • and it will be also now written off under age related criteria anyway.
    • @dx100ukThanks for this! I'm still not clear if I'm facing more than 6 points on my license though. Can you explain any further please? When I accept the 2nd speeding ticket, will they just charge me £100 and 3 points, or will they be more severe consequences since that offense took place the following day of the 1st offense? Similarly, when I accept the 3rd offense, will they look at my record or just charge me with the £100 fine and 3 points? @Man in the middleI've been searching the forum and you seem very knowledgeable. Would you mind giving a look at my query please? Thanks in advance!!
    • Yes of course. That's why it says cc:: BIg Motoring World at the bottom. Don't imagine that this solves the issue. It doesn't. He not have to force the finance company and big motoring world to accept the rejection to give your money back. I suggest that you get the letter off tomorrow. And let us know what you hear but on Friday you should then send a threat to the finance company.   Have a look what I have said here about your options and read the whole thread as well.  
  • Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

SLC Cannot Supply The Original Agreement

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5493 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I know, I know, I'm becoming a pain in the bum. As well as the above (I've done well, haven't I? Unfortunately, all of my debts mounted up when we lost our business), I have a debt with Amex, collected by Stevendrake Solicitors. Because of a faux pas by myself I ended up with a CCJ on this one. Anyway, I got the CCA back but after showing it on here, everyone agreed it was just a piece of rubbish. I went back to Stevendrake for the real thing and this is the reply, "Re; your earlier request for a copy of the contract, our clients (Amex)are not prepared to forward you any further documentation, some six years after the Agreement was terminated, and five years after a CCJ was obtained against you" Despite my advancing years, surely I am not senile enough to think that this is legal. I wonder if Amex means they can't supply the original CCA rather than wont? I am about to go back to Stevendrake and state that Amex is talking rubbish and the account is now in dispute and forward a request to Amex for the original CCA. Am I right in my way of thinking?

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd say you were spot on. There can't BE an agreement, and this statement to my mind amounts to a blatant flat out refusal to comply, rather than an apologetic, we're awfully sorry, but we don't have one to give you.

As such, I'd say it's time for the gloves to come off. Do they honestly think they are above the law?

I'm not sure what you can do about the CCJ after such a long time though. But I'm dying to find out. :D

Yes, the CCJ should fall off early next year. I think it's fair to say that Amex are taking the P. I'm off to post my new request to Amex now. I'm up in your territory tomorrow (well, the left hand side anyway, see post 2054) Iain. As usual, the mad geordies will be warmly welcomed.

Ian

If you had not serviced the debt in the last six years they may be able to bring out the Statute of Limitations argument, but, given that you are still paying this debt, it is most definitely active.

It seems to me that Stevendrake are blustering and hoping to simply scare you off or feel that there is nothing more you can do.

Advise them the account is in dispute, that until you have an agreement that you owe them nothing and that you will be requesting all payments made returned, as there is no agreement for you to service. Is the CCA 12+30 yet? If so, point out that they are in criminal default and that any action they try to take is entirely defendable. Contact all the relevant authorities, shouting from the tallest tree what is happening. Let Stevendrake know this too. Oh, and that CCJ can't be valid if it doesn't relate to a debt, so you want that removed too! Send the "asking nicely" letter and point out that failure to comply will result in you taking court action against them!

Worked for me with a debt that had the surname spelt incorrectly, they wrote back advising me that the balance has been cleared (£100), the DCA called off and my credit record amended accordingly. Will be waiting to see if amended or removed entirely - more letters if it hasn't been wiped totally clean.

Just sending CCA to Amex now. A "duff" one was supplied by Stevendrake and it was only when I asked for a "real" one did I get the reply regarding Amex's quote. I am writing to SDrake now advising that the account is in dispute in the absence of a CCA. I might just remind them that as a firm of solicitors, surely they should know that an agreement has to be supplied on request (if it exists of course) and as it is nowhere to be seen at the moment, perhaps they would like to have my CCJ removed now, especially as the debt does not officially exist. Should give them something to think about!

A SURNAME spelt incorrectly?????? Hmmmm.

Just how many times has my FIRST name been misspelt, I wonder. I know of at least 2 accounts, and probably a whole heap of other liabilities.

Hmmmmm. :lol:

I know it was a realtively small sum, but they appear to have climbed down. Name was incorrect on credit agreement, so pointed out that it wasn't me, particularly as they registered a default against my correct name whilst making reduced payments.

I thought it was worth a try and modified a template letter to suit my needs. Has to be worth a go if it is on the credit agreement? The reply has just crossed in the post with the SAR N1 filed asking for all documents in my correct name, as SAR clearly not complied with if details don't match. Didn't get default notice or sale of account either, so wanting those too. Will see what happens, no reply yet.Two weeks from me serving at court to court deeming it served on defendant!! Reply due on same day as MBNA due to defend my SAR N1 against them and just over a week later I have a hearing with Barclays!!

A SURNAME spelt incorrectly?????? Hmmmm.

Just how many times has my FIRST name been misspelt, I wonder. I know of at least 2 accounts, and probably a whole heap of other liabilities.

Hmmmmm. :lol:

Seahorse,I didn't spell your first name incorrectly.

Oops, I forgot to ask. What is the Amex address for my CCA request.

Just sending CCA to Amex now. A "duff" one was supplied by Stevendrake and it was only when I asked for a "real" one did I get the reply regarding Amex's quote. I am writing to SDrake now advising that the account is in dispute in the absence of a CCA. I might just remind them that as a firm of solicitors, surely they should know that an agreement has to be supplied on request (if it exists of course) and as it is nowhere to be seen at the moment, perhaps they would like to have my CCJ removed now, especially as the debt does not officially exist. Should give them something to think about!

Just because a CCA is not priduced does not meant the debt does not exist - this debt has been admitted in a CCJ a long time ago - more info here

Consumer Health Forums - where you can discuss any health or relationship matters.

Seahorse,I didn't spell your first name incorrectly.

Oops, I forgot to ask. What is the Amex address for my CCA request.

AMEX FINANCIAL SERVICES LIMITED

13 GOLDEN HILLOCK ROAD

SMALL HEATH

BIRMINGHAM

B10 0JT

You can find all adresses here, follow the link on the page for Information Commissioners http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/516-1-data-protection-act.html

singletracker - it's not the DCA's not deciding whether it's criminal or civil, it's us!!

Oops, what I meant was that in reply to a previous post about whether it is criminal or civil, that neither we or the DCA's have yet to figure that one out fully, therefore, keep treating as criminal until you are reliably informed otherwise (on CAG), not that we should listen to what the DCA's are telling us.

Does that clarify my response?

You make the request to Crap One and address to Mr Robert Udy, Executive Office Manager

As Fredrickson's have stated they are only collecting on behalf of Crap One, Crap One still own the debt.

Tell fredricksons to take a hike.

This is getting silly. I have just received a package from Fredricksons containing copies of all the STATEMENTS but no AGREEMENT. I didn't ask for the statements. My request for a CCA to Crap 1 has gone now so it makes the statements irrelevant!

Can anyone advise on my post 2054 please?

Hi guys I wonder if you can help me. I have a thread in the Lloyds TSB section but I have been reading this thread and it appears that this is where all the agreement experts are. Made a CCA request for credit card and a reply was posted by hand from my local branch on the last day of compliance. Sorry I can't scan it at monent but this is what it contains

Headed "Application form and Agreement" next to the heading is a box "signature for LLoyds TSB dated......" no signature or date and in fact they have stamped over this part "recd 11th April 2007" but this does not disquise the fact that there is no signature.

The rest of the one page form comprised of my details only address tel no details of employment etc

I have signed the form at the bottom is a box stating "this is a credit agreement requlated by CCA" etc.

Attached to this is another sheet "LLoyds TSB credit card conditions - bank copy which states address of lloyds tsb, loss or misuse of card details charges for cash withdrawals and foreigh currency, variations and personal data information.

I have also noted the following; the account number in the box on the form is not my account number for this card and it has been crossed out and the correct account number scribbled at the top of the page.

At the top of the page it states that "if your application is accepted by our signature below (no signature) and we send you a card then this will form the agreement"

Finally don't know if this makes any difference but in the box for my date of birth the details have been scrubbed out before it was sent to me but after it was photocopied from the origional document. It clearly shows (through the back) that it has been tipexed then scribbled with a black marker and then gone over in black biro just thought this was strange. If anyone could tell me whther this document conforms then i would be most grateful

Many thanks

Mrs H

Just because a CCA is not priduced does not meant the debt does not exist - this debt has been admitted in a CCJ a long time ago - more info here

Just because a debt exists, doesn't mean I could give a monky's about adding to a certain well loved debt purchasing company's coffers.

The deceipt, law breaking (allegedly) and general shabbiness of the way they operate preclude me dipping my hand in my pocket to put another tankful of petrol in the tank of my adversary.

Had they played fair with me, I might have been tempted to put my hands up. But not now. No way.

Whats the difference between a catfish and Cabot?

One's a bottom dwelling **** sucker.

And the other one's a fish.

Dodgy altered application form masqerading as a properly executed agreement, IMHO. Any chace of scanning it to let us have a butchers though?

I will try and scan it when but it will be when I get home from work this evening

Many thanks

Mrs H

Oops, what I meant was that in reply to a previous post about whether it is criminal or civil, that neither we or the DCA's have yet to figure that one out fully, therefore, keep treating as criminal until you are reliably informed otherwise (on CAG), not that we should listen to what the DCA's are telling us.

Does that clarify my response?

After the 12+30 days the non-compliance is DEFINITELY a criminal offence punishable on summary conviction (i.e. in a magistrate's court) by a fine. (See Schedule 1 of the CCA74). It would be prosecuted by TS. That is the theory - there is no argument about the criminality of the offence. The practice is that TS have probably never prosecuted a S78 non-compliance. The problem would be compounded by the proof (beyond reasonable doubt) of the offence - is the document supplied (agreement form/photocopy/'cut'n'shut' or whatever) in compliance with the CCA? If no document was supplied then it is not too hard to prove - a dodgy photocopy might make a successful prosecution difficult however. There could also be issues about whether the document was sent/received/lost in the post etc..

If it could be shown that S78 non-compliance was endemic to a particular lender then their Fitness to Hold a Consumer Credit Licence could come under scrutiny. That is administered by OFT so who knows how long that might take!

I have posted on this subject a few times on other threads but the message seems to be getting lost. 12 days + 1 month of no agreement after a properly constituted S77 or S78 request IS a criminal offence. Whether it could ever be prosecuted successfully is another matter entirely.