alliance & leicester what a cheek read this

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6195 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

This in it's own way is funny. my insurance group was due to take money on the 18th june, i checked my account on the 15th and realised i needed a little topup to ensure funds would be available, but then to my amazement i get a letter from my bank on the 19th with a failed direct debit charge of £34.00,:mad: so i phone the bank only to be told that the charge of £34.00 included the direct debit payment of £25.88 they made on the 16th june to my insurance group, so i said thankyou verymuch and hungup.:) now this morning i gets a letter from my insurance group with a fine of £25.00 for the failed direct debit,:mad: so i rung them as well, explaining to them what the bank told me they immediatly stated that they never went for a payment on the 16th as my due date was the 18th and that my bank had returned the direct debit payment as no funds available,:? at this point i'm very confused,:rolleyes: do you think that this cockup could just be the bank trying to pee pee me off coz i have just started the court proceedings? anyways it gets better so read on, i again phoned the bank and started to findout what was going off as everytime i spoke to them i was gettin conflicting storys, i spoke to a very nice young lady called Liz (Doncaster branch) and after going over the whole thing for the 4th time she said "i will speak with head office and call you right back" yep you got it she never did call me back and when i rung the branch she's gone out no supprise there then. anyone else had more problems with their account since starting the claims process OH AND WHEN IS THE CAG CHAT ROOM OPENING BACK UP ANYONE KNOW?

Right i'm done ranting im of on my holiday for 2 weeks this Sunday so keep it real people catch yall in July :D

if any one want to help me on this one ya can contact me on yahoo just add the following address [email protected]

£34.00 is the standard charge for bouncing dd- I have had this and then although funds had not reached my account they then charged me another £25.00 for subsequently paying the same DD although I was still over the OD limit :???:

As you say this has consequences for the other financial institutions you are paying and result in more charges- and they have a cheek to argue that these charges are for providing a service:evil: More like a disservice.

I carried out a credit check on myself before starting action. And when I had commenced action the only indicators other than green on all my accounts were A&L. (luckily they have not deafulted me.)

Jansus

Please note I am not an expert - I am not offering opinions or legal help - Please use all the information provided on the site in FAQ- step by step instructions and library- thanks Jansus:)

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/images/icons/icon1.gif

offer from A&L 24/8/07 - after case stayed

"What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well." - Antione de Saint Exupery

PROUD TO BE AN ORANGE

Having spent another day on the phone again to these idiots at A&L. it appears that the charge of the dredded £34.00 was place because i topped up my account after bank hours on a friday, and even though they work saturdays they don't bother to sort out the deposits entered in the machine till monday (how convienient) thus my dd was due out on the same monday so the deposit i put in would not have registered into my account untill what ever time they sorted it on the monday, and even thought the head office claimed that they had paid the dd for me they lied, just to get me off the phone, i'm sick of the A& hell, have told them in very strong words to "beep beep off" once back of my holidays (this sunday i go for 2 weeks) i'm closing the account then im gonna spend a full day with leaflets ready drawn up and hand them out to all that enters the branch warning potential customers away from banking with them.

That's ridiculous! Do they let us know beforehand that nobody can be bothered to sort out the cash deposits on a saturday? This explains a few charges I was a bit confused about. They must be making billions from their little hidden details of how these 'services' work! I hope we all get to take them to the cleaners!!

Having spent another day on the phone again to these idiots at A&L. it appears that the charge of the dredded £34.00 was place because i topped up my account after bank hours on a friday, and even though they work saturdays they don't bother to sort out the deposits entered in the machine till monday (how convienient) thus my dd was due out on the same monday so the deposit i put in would not have registered into my account untill what ever time they sorted it on the monday, and even thought the head office claimed that they had paid the dd for me they lied, just to get me off the phone, i'm sick of the A& hell, have told them in very strong words to "beep beep off" once back of my holidays (this sunday i go for 2 weeks) i'm closing the account then im gonna spend a full day with leaflets ready drawn up and hand them out to all that enters the branch warning potential customers away from banking with them.

was that a cash deposit? I find that difficult to believe. I worked for a (different)Building society over 20 years ago - and on a saturday we always emptied the machines and credited the accounts - and that was way before modern technology:rolleyes: just shows you how the service has deteriorated since i left;-)

jansus:)

Please note I am not an expert - I am not offering opinions or legal help - Please use all the information provided on the site in FAQ- step by step instructions and library- thanks Jansus:)

"What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well." - Antione de Saint Exupery

PROUD TO BE AN ORANGE

I agree dudes, it's all just a sign of the banking times.

Only a matter of a couple of years ago, my mum (bailing me out, bless her) put some money into my account on a Saturday morning, to tide me over till payday. She asked when the money could be drawn on and was told it was available 'Immediately'. You just don't get that now. :cool:

Our local branch of the A&L, (as does the Nationwide and Halifax), has this new 'Super Dooper' 'all bells and whistles' machine in the branch that deals with everything instead of going to the counter, in our branch there are now only two windows left at the counter, as they would prefer you to use this wonderful machine, deposits are credited there and then with this machine, but outside at the ATM it is the following day, same with the letterbox they have on the inside of the branch. When this branch was being modernised, Friday thru Monday, I placed a deposit in the ATM outside to cover what they had already robbed plus to cover the dd coming back again, and it was over a week before they credited it to my account, it was only manual intervention on my part that stopped anymore of those stupid computer generated letters being received.

With the Halifax, I have to use their machine, even, as I once did, stood in their nice long line of customers, when I got to the counter she told me that she could not serve me and I had to use the machine, all my arguments fell on deaf ears, and when I asked to see the manager, he told me to do the same thing, and if I was not happy, find another bank!

Remember the time when the bank's staff knew you and you knew them?

[Remember the time when the bank's staff knew you and you knew them?

Yes - thats when I worked there! guess what, our manager said "the customer is always right" - and I still use that mantra in the business I am in today.:D

jansus

PROUD TO BE AN ORANGE

Aye. When I were a lad...........

Do you remember when there used to be a 'listening bank'? And 'the bank that likes to say "YES"'?

If any of them bother to listen at all now the answer is bound to be "No", lol. :cool:

Or the computer says "NO"

We only had old fashioned paper files - gosh how did we cope!!??:rolleyes:

Jansus:)

PROUD TO BE AN ORANGE

Whatever happened to our 'Flexible Friend'

The customer IS always right was drummed into my head from the day I left school (we used slates then!) And I have carried that with me everywhere, it's probably why I am so polite to rude staff in shops etc.

:p :p :p