• Tweets

• Hi All, Firstly, many thanks to all that have contributed with advice on this thread - much appreciated. Daughter phoned the court and they said they cannot waive the £275 fee. Also said that if she did set aside it would be heard in an English Court as papers served to an English address even though it is an incorrect address............is this correct? Makes me feel like less likely to win? Received the SAR back from PE and they have stated they received the English address from Experian. We've looked on her credit report and there is a linked address there from a company called Lendable that did 3 searches on her.......... one on her Scottish address, 1 on our neighbours address? and one on the English address. She says she and her ex went to look at buying a car - he cannot drive but was going to get the finance. I can only assume they have done a search on his address? Anyway it got refused unsurprisingly. There are no other links to that address on the credit report and no other searches from outside companies so how did PE obtain this address without a search on her credit report? It should be said copies of all pcn's where included so now we have copies of the original ones that were never received for some unkown reason - exactly the same as 8 mins one (but this one for 21mins over an hour) - stating keeper liability and all addressed to Scottish address. Now on to another matter............yesterday she informed me she has another pcn from a different company and now received a 'legal' letter. I've attached the 3 bits of info she has given me. I'm just worried these may try the same trick, so is it worth actually contacting them before it escalates further and state the no keeper liability in Scotland defence as they are claiming it as keeper liability -  and that she doesn't recognize the offence? Would you believe she actually got this pcn when they went to look at buying a car as mentioned above...............just incredible! Thanks. T. PCNG24.pdf
    • This morning I have received an email from Lowells, quite out the blue as I've not heard anything from them for years. it states "Action required on your overdue account"
    • So this is what I've got so far; PLEASE PLACE THIS EMAIL BEFORE THE COURT WITHOUT UNDUE DELAY  Re: Case Number XXXX - ParkingEye Ltd (claimant) vs Cardiff Devil (defendant) In response to the letter from the court dated 19/02/2024, I am writing to the court as the defendant in this claim to register my objection in the strongest possible terms to the hearing being heard “on the papers”, and to request a regular oral hearing instead. Since the claimant is a nationwide parking company with net assets of over £53,000,000 on their balance sheet as at the end of December 2022, it is therefore safe to assume that they will retain a team of qualified solicitors on their payroll to prepare court paperwork on their behalf.  Conversely, the defendant is a litigant-in-person with little legal knowledge.  As a result, the defendant contends that the case being heard on paper evidence only would put the defendant at a severe disadvantage. The defendant also contends that the circumstances of this case are not at all straightforward and there are several points that the defendant wishes to contest at the hearing, such as inaccuracies in the claimant’s CPR 31:34 submissions, the potential intentional redaction of crucial evidence in the claimant’s contract with the tenant, also the claimant's lack of compliance with the Protection of Freedoms act 2012 to establish the defendant liable as the registered keeper of the vehicle in question, and their lack of adherance to local planning laws amongst others.   Thanks CD
    • Savers who rushed to lock away money before the end of the financial year in 2023 into short term Isa fixes will be seeing accounts mature now.View the full article
  • Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

three credit cards all defaulted ...HELP

jadebarton
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6468 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone, I have been reading the FAQ's but i need some info on my specific case. I have three credit cards all defaulted and with debt collection agencies. With all three credit cards i got into trouble when i stopped working and basically the debt spiralled becuase of the charges every month made by them until it got to the point where they defaulted me. so questions are :

1. How do i find out who owns my debt?

2. If for example one of the agency owes my debt do i write to them regarding claiming the charges or do i write to the credit card company still? ... and can i do this once the debt has been passed over?

3. what if i do go through the procedure with the credit card company..ie DPA etc and they say its nothing to do with them anymore.

id be so happy if i could get them to pay me back becuase the debt im paying back every month now is twice sometimes three times as much simply becuase of all their charges.

thanking you in advance

jade :-)

Hi Jade,

Quite easy this. You need to claim the charges back from whoever applied them. So if your cards have been sold to debt collectors you need to DPA the card issuer and find out what charges they applied. You then need to get them to refund you the charges. You also need to dpa the debt collection agency and see what charges they applied and reclaim back from them as well.

don't worry about the fact you no longer have the accounts with them as they need to provide the info as far back as 6 years anyway.

Who were the accounts with ? I may be able to point you in the right direction for contacts

If you find that the defaults was caused mainly down to penalties you can go to get the defaults removed once you have claimed your money back.

The best thing you can do is to use the search facility for DCA and read up on other peoples threads, as much as you can , to see all your options.

When you want to fool the world, tell the truth. :D

Advice & opinions of Janet-M are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any

doubts.

hi there and thank you for the advice. I didnt know you could claim against the DCA's as well..goodness.

the cards are Captial One, Barclays and Egg.

I have read some of the threads on these cards.

p.s at times i had problems paying the monthly payment(sometimes not able to pay at all) hence why the charges kept growing. Would this affect anything in regards to applying for repayment of the charges?? Could they not say well you defaulted .ie didnt pay so thats why the charges were applied??

i just want to cover every angle :-)

thanks

jade

How you came to occur penalty charges does not come into it .The law is very clear on the fact that people can't profit by penalty charging they can only charge what it costs them.

When you want to fool the world, tell the truth. :D

Advice & opinions of Janet-M are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any

doubts.

hi there. i just remembered when my £200 limit credit card with capital one got to £1000 they refunded me £800 "to help me get back within limit" So what happens in this situation? Do i take that amount off the total. Or am i claiming for the entire amount of charges regardless of what they put back onto the card?

It seems very complicated if your case isnt straightforward... or has any variants.

thanks

Jade:-)

If you have had charges refunded previously, you must ensure this is knocked off your total claim.

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.