The Cheek!

nturkes
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6562 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have been banking with Abbey since University, when I was lured in by their fantastic offer of a current account, and actually ended up working for their telephone banking service which I am sure you are all rather more familiar with than you would probably like.

Luckily, due to the fact I am a generally pleasant guy, when I have been charged in the past I have managed to get out of it, but I was refunded a £30 charge a couple of months ago, and even then, I had to request a call back from a manager.

Today, I am pretty miffed. Granted, I like to flirt with my overdraft limit, but I am paid weekly, and they know the money's going in. I have just received my statement stating that I have incurred charges of £50, £20 overlimit fee and £30 honouring a £14.99 card payment which took me £1.10 over my limit for less than 24 hours.

I know other people have been hit much harder, but how can they charge me what would be over 16,500% flat rate interest?! Its a joke, I am not happy, and I wish that I was in a position to pay off the overdraft and go elsewhere (but then again, they're all the same aren't they?).

Yep...all the same....except some are particularly worse than others.

First of all, open a parachute account with another bank...just in case Abbey decide in their wisdom to close your account because they dont like you taking any action against them.

Secondly, Read through the FAQ's the Templates Library and other peoples threads especially Whizzkids, Neil P's and Tim Dunlops (you cant miss them !!)

Thirdly, get your DPA letter out to the Abbey asap and set them the 40 day timeline.

Lastly...remember everyone on here is in the same situation and we can all help where required !!

Good luck and all the best !!

Jamloo

Abbey - Data Protection Act Disclosure Request Sent 03/04/2006 - 40 day limit was 13th May.

9th June 2003 to 9th April 2004 Statements We Have - Total Charges = £1,420.00 :o

18th February 2005 to 18th March 2006 Statements Received - Total Charges = £3,177.00 :o

Still awaiting remaining statements.:evil: (as of 25th June)

Request for Repayment Letter Sent Recorded Delivery 02/06/2006 - 14 day limit is 16th June. Requesting £4,597.00

Letter Before Action Sent Recorded Delivery 22/06/2006 - 14 day limit is 6th July. Requesting £4,597.00

Capital One (Part 1) -

Request for Repayment Letter Sent Recorded Delivery 26/06/2006 - 14 day limit is 10th July. Requesting £359.22

Letter Before Action Sent Recorded Delivery 24/07/2006 - 14 day limit is 7th August. Requesting £359.22

I will try and be brief, opened account with abbey last july advised overdraft limit by staff and also what the bank would initially allow, went over overdraft by second month of having account , charges were taken resulting in more charges the following month and so on. have now calculated that they have had £900.00 Plus from me .Ive been in several times to try and sort problem out which resulted to my overdraft being increased to £1000 !!! its spiraling out out control !!! hence why im now in forum :shock::evil:

Do you want to start your own thread Anna, so that we can follow your progress more easily? Good luck!

... a little

Mahala is a powerful thing ...

If you like my advice, please click the scales.

All advice is offered informally. If in any doubt, seek professional advice.

Barclays:claiming £908. Defence filed

Simply Be: settled in full

Abbey: Claim issued for DPA compliance order

GE Capital: Claim issued for DPA compliance order

Aktiv Kapital: Failed to comply with CCA disclosure. Debt unenforceable.

If this site has helped you, please make a donation to help keep it going.