Unfair to other members????

bailey54
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6170 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have today received a reply to my initial request for refund which includes the following as follows:

'After careful consideration of your request, we're sorry that we can't agree to your charges being refunded. Only in exceptional circumstances do we refund charges and on this occasion we feel it would be unfair to other members who find themselves in a similar situation and whose charges still remain.'

Be fairer if they refunded everyone then I think!!

LBA on its way today....

Amount: £830

SAR 13.04.07

Statements received 29.05.07

Request for refund sent 29.05.07

If their defence for not returning your charges is purely that it would not be fair on other members - is that not an admission that they are unfair and should be returned??? Therefore, the only course of action should be to refund ALL members!

As you have got this far you might like to take a look at another thread.

'Another win-Cuddles v Nationwide'. I came across it and held back on filing my claim and instead logged onto the financial ombudsman service site downloaded a claim form; filled in form online; printed it off and posted it along with relevant correspondence between myself and NW and told them I was aware that Nationwide were simply delaying court proceedings with no intention of appearing at court needlessly tying up court time. This saved me £120 court fees and apparently if the FOS send

a complaint on your behalf NW are fined £500. NW have acted very quickly to people using this route and become rather apologetic. May be worth a try. I sent my letter Friday and look forward to seeing how it works for me. Good luck. Trickyt.:D