abroadgirl v Abbey

abroadgirl
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5244 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Abbey have been putting in new systems to handle the amount of traffic because of the claims, so their systems are all haywire at the moment.

I'd have another go at logging on in the new few days, the problem usually only lasts for about 24 hours.

• Replies 467
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've had loads of problems with abbey of late even had my card declined in shops when i had more than enough in.

i am starting to think i am on some sort of black list.

But it has spurred me on to open a new account elsewhere.

Abbey withdrew my overdraft in 'error' yesterday due to a fault in the system without any prior warning. I managed to get it reinstated by the end of the day. Following this exeprerience, I am starting to agree with your theory of an internal 'blacklist'. Two customer service reps said to me yesterday that, even though my overdraft wasn't due to expire for another 6 months, it was withdrawn due to 'the way my account had been run over the last twelve months' . One representative also stated that they were in their rights to take my 2k overdraft away without warning because of the charges I have incurred over the last year. I am in the process of opening another bank account as I don't think I can trust Abbey with my salary anymore.

Abbey withdrew my overdraft in 'error' yesterday due to a fault in the system without any prior warning. I managed to get it reinstated by the end of the day. Following this experience, I am starting to agree with your theory of an internal 'blacklist'. Two customer service reps said to me yesterday that, even though my overdraft wasn't due to expire for another 6 months, it was withdrawn due to 'the way my account had been run over the last twelve months' . One representative also stated that they were in their rights to take my 2k overdraft away without warning because of the charges I have incurred over the last year. I am in the process of opening another bank account as I don't think I can trust Abbey with my salary anymore.

I agree I'm going to another bank tomorrow as i don't want to risk more things going wrong.

Before all this, they would bend over backwards to help out, now if i ring i get yes or no answers only in a curt manner !!

I never had any problems with them before all this and have banked with them for 10+ yrs.

But i suppose thems are the breaks, there has to be some sort of repercussion i suppose but i am logging all the problems etc.. just encase i need the ammo.

Abbey HAVE to give you 28 days notice of the withdrawal of an overdraft.

and yes all their systems were FUBAR ed yesterday because i was in Asda and a lady in front on me had her abbey card declined, i told her and the cashier that abbey are in disarray at the moment

Lula

Lula v Abbey - Settled

Lula v Abbey (2) - Settled

Lula v Abbey (3) - Stayed

I have filled in my AQ with the help of martins pages and help from members here.

I have sent my copies of everything to blackpool court including the statements and list of charges with intrest (from martins templates etc)

to send them all cost me nearly £7 in postage.

to-day thursday 7th july i have recived abbeys AQ

and i think they have contrididted themselfs in a couple of answers, i will type it all out for you all to see.

abbey have enclosed AQ on behalf of the defendant in this matter.

enclosed is a

DRAFT ORDER FOR DIRECTIONS

upon me reading this i have already done this

The cliant shall within 28 days of service of this order send to the defendant and court

A. A schedule setting out each charge repayment f which is sought showing the date amount and reason if any for that charge

B. Copies of any statements or other document relied upon as showing that each and every charge has been made

if the climant fails to comply with his order the claim will be struck out without futher order

2. The claim be allocated to the small claims track for hearing not before 7th july 2007

3. 14 Days prior to the allocated hearing date the cliamant and the defendant shal file and serve.

A. copies of all documents inc experts reports on which he/it intends to rely at the hearing

B. any witness statements must be included in the documents filed and served and

copies of decided cases and other legal materials to be relied upon

(i have sent and done all this) I have even sent the proof of that they took all these charges out of my sissabilty and mobility payments)

I have sent proof of everything

does this mean the hearing date is the 7th july?

Abbeys allocation questionair as follows

sent copy of this completed form to other parties yes

settlement

do you wish there to be one month stay to attempt to settle the claim either by informal discussion or by alternative resolution yes

local trial any reason why your claim needs to be heared at a particular court no

have you exchanged any information with with the other party to assist in settling the claim yes

(they havent they have denied everything this is why i have sent everything in black n white proving they are lieing)

have u made any applications in this claim no

do you want your experts to give evidence orally at the trial or final hearing NO

which track etc small claims track

how long do you estimate the trial or hearing will take 2 hours

have you attached a list of the directions you think approiate for the management of the claim YES

if yes have they been agreed by the other party NO

what do you estimate your overall costs will be £2000.00

have you attached documents to this questionair yes

(draft order directions is what they enc

have you sent the other documents to the other parties YES

do you intend to make any applications in the immediate futher NO

this is what abbey has sent me and it is there AQ

can anyone advise me futher and is this just the buck standard of what they send out and if so what is the next step

i have sent all my evidence etc to the courts 3 copies of everything

tyvm

for any help and advice

abg

do you wish to use expert evidence at the trial or final hearing NO

I have filled in my AQ with the help of martins pages and help from members here.

I have sent my copies of everything to blackpool court including the statements and list of charges with intrest (from martins templates etc)

and i think they have contrididted themselfs in a couple of answers, i will type it all out for you all to see.

enclosed is a

The cliant shall within 28 days of service of this order send to the defendant and court

A. A schedule setting out each charge repayment f which is sought showing the date amount and reason if any for that charge

B. Copies of any statements or other document relied upon as showing that each and every charge has been made

if the climant fails to comply with his order the claim will be struck out without futher order

2. The claim be allocated to the small claims track for hearing not before 7th july 2007

3. 14 Days prior to the allocated hearing date the cliamant and the defendant shal file and serve.

A. copies of all documents inc experts reports on which he/it intends to rely at the hearing

B. any witness statements must be included in the documents filed and served and

(i have sent and done all this) I have even sent the proof of that they took all these charges out of my sissabilty and mobility payments)

settlement

do you wish there to be one month stay to attempt to settle the claim either by informal discussion or by alternative resolution yes

local trial any reason why your claim needs to be heared at a particular court no

have you exchanged any information with with the other party to assist in settling the claim yes

(they havent they have denied everything this is why i have sent everything in black n white proving they are lieing)

do you want your experts to give evidence orally at the trial or final hearing NO

have you attached a list of the directions you think approiate for the management of the claim YES

can anyone advise me futher and is this just the buck standard of what they send out and if so what is the next step

tyvm

for any help and advice

abg

You need to send a schedule of charges to the court and their solicitors. You also need to submit your court bundle 14 days before the case date (7th July) I would contact the banks solicitors and ask them if they wish to settle, they may just. I have megred your threads please stick to this one. I have also moved it to the Abbey forum.

hi again i have sent the court all the papers and the schedule of all the charges i carnt get the court bungle as i click on it and click on open then i get the winzip comes up which i carnt unzip as i have used the free trail and wants me to pay for it now?

ikeep trying but i carnt get the court bungle open also abbey will be getting all the correspondence and schedule of all the charges even proof that they took it out of my benefit every time they have denied it all so i have sent all the proof and statements etc

settlement

tyvm

for any help and advice

they say no to the question do u want your experts to give evidence oral at the hearing or the final they have said no

does this mean they dont want it going to court?

tyvm

abg

hello please can anyone help i have got winzip it has opened the court bungle file but my i dont understand one bit of it do i print it all out what do i do please can anyone help me here tyvm

abg

okies, i have found your thread and subscribed to it. What is it thet you are strugling to download and open?

• Haha 1

[FONT=Tahoma][SIZE=4][COLOR=blue]Reka [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Tahoma][SIZE=4][COLOR=blue][URL]http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/abbey-bank/93120-reka-abbey-court.html[/URL][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT] [URL]http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/abbey-bank/101308-t-cs-nov-1998-a.html[/URL] [FONT=Tahoma][SIZE=4]Abbey *WON IN COURT* £2775[/SIZE][SIZE=1](awaiting payment) [/SIZE][/FONT] [B][FONT=Tahoma]Warrant of Execution filed 22/06/07[/FONT][/B] [B][FONT=Tahoma]***Warrant Issued 22nd June 2007***[/FONT][/B] [B][FONT=Tahoma][COLOR=red]PAID IN FULL [/COLOR][/FONT][/B] [URL]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XcAaoRr8H5c[/URL]

hi reka tyvm for comming in and having a look i now have winzip so it opened the the court bungle but i dont understand it one lil bit it has all these names etc so im not sure what i print here is where i am at at the moment i have send to the courts 3 copies of each

statements hightlighted

copies of orginaly papers from (letters) from both abbey and myself

statements (spreadsheets) with the charges and intrest from martins site

all documentary evidence and abbey is dening everything there fore i have copied there letters and enclosed these as well as well as there error letter and asking me to accept there apolygy so basicaly i have done and sent and copied these documents and sent them to the courts i hope i have explained it ok so would all these statements letters cover leters etc ive sent is that my court bungle? cor there were lots it cost nearly £7 in postage so u can imagine i also had to buy more black ink lol so i used 2 ink cartridges so u can imagine how much paperwork i sent

now do i fax abbey telling them this and that i have sent papers to the couts and if they are in agreemnt to a settlement ty for all your help abroadgirl p.s. this is there paper work i got from abbey

vbrep_register("891782")

vbrep_register("891788")

I have sent my copies of everything to blackpool court including the statements and list of charges with intrest (from martins templates etc)letter etc

enclosed is a

(i have sent and done all this) I have even sent the proof of that they took all these charges out of my dissabilty and mobility payments)

settlement

tyvm

for any help and advice

abg

digg.gifdelicious.giftechnorati.giffurl.gif

progress.gifedit.gif

In respect to the court bundle, i took one down to the court in person, i sent one next day signed for (with subsequental loss insurance for £2500) for £7, and retained a copy for myself.

you need to print everything that is in the court bundle 3 times. one for each party and one for the Judge.

sorry school just phoned, i have to collect my son....

[FONT=Tahoma][SIZE=4][COLOR=blue]Reka [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Tahoma][SIZE=4][COLOR=blue][URL]http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/abbey-bank/93120-reka-abbey-court.html[/URL][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT] [URL]http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/abbey-bank/101308-t-cs-nov-1998-a.html[/URL] [FONT=Tahoma][SIZE=4]Abbey *WON IN COURT* £2775[/SIZE][SIZE=1](awaiting payment) [/SIZE][/FONT] [B][FONT=Tahoma]Warrant of Execution filed 22/06/07[/FONT][/B] [B][FONT=Tahoma]***Warrant Issued 22nd June 2007***[/FONT][/B] [B][FONT=Tahoma][COLOR=red]PAID IN FULL [/COLOR][/FONT][/B] [URL]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XcAaoRr8H5c[/URL]

ty reka i will print it all hope im doing the right ones these pages mention alot of diffrent things including goods etc so i hope im right

eeeeekkkkkkk

is there a template where i write and ask if they will settle etc ty for everything

abg