• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Barclays Litigation Team Good or Evil? You Decide..

dar£n
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5699 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I emailed Dino for 1st time today and he responded in just 8 mins to confirm who's d/w my claim and that he's fwd'd my email accordingly.

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

• Replies 992
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No word today from Kate so emailed Dino who promised she'd respond today. She did within 20 mins and with my full claim on offer.

See here http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/barclays-bank/70074-slick-barclays-business.html and good luck to all.

Regards, Slick

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

No Saintly, when I get the letter from Kate, I'll be ready and waiting with my Striker Outer pen.

On a serious note, have I done wrong by posting my news today. It didn't even cross my mind I was so excited.

Slick

E I Enough,

You say you got a derisory offer from PQ whereas I thought, when you got to deal with the Lit'n Team, they were ready to settle if you had a Court date. Was he still trying to negotiate with you and at what % of your claim.

Slick

I've got to stick up for Dino and Kate who have been responsive and pleasant to deal with. Kate even rang me last night at 8.35pm to confirm pay't was going into my a/c this am.

Yes, it went up to the wire and I went to Court for a short adjournment but D & K at least are doing their best in difficult circumstances which will no doubt get worse. I know I've been lucky with my case being settled very quickly in the end.

BTW, if several cases are being heard in one sitting at Ronnie's Alloc'n & Case Mgt Conf'ce, maybe Barclays will send a barrister or representative.

Best of luck anyway, Slick

I don't think there any new tactics emerging (as per Enough above).

B's are under huge pressure due to the shear numbers of Court claimants.

To cope, they will have to prioritise by:

- Dealing only with cases coming up for full Hearings. They will start to ignore Directions or Allocations dates or treat them as less important.

- Settling claims closer to the Hearing date. A month or two back they were looking at claims a month before the hearing. NOW, they are settling much closer to the court date, eg less than a week.

- Ignoring the huge volume of emails and phone calls that they no doubt receive.

No doubt we'll find out over the coming weeks and good luck to all.

Slick

Enough is E,

Sorry, I forgot to mention that the money was safely in my a/c when I got back from court. The judge adjourned my case when I showed him B's offer letter and my acceptance.

Slick

KinkyJohn,

Further to my PM to you, have a look here as an example - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/barclays-bank/104103-adding-interest-contractual-not.html.

There are others but, if you want advice, post on a thread in the Barclays Forum.

Hope this helps, Slick

John1422,

Make sure you print out up to date SOC 1st thing Monday and add on Court Fees and anything else you want so YOU can tell HIM what the settlement figure needs to be if he wants to avoid going to Court.

My contact with the Lit'n team was very pleasant. It only seems to be Paul Quinn who is lacking in diplomacy so don't be at all intimidated.

Good luck, Slick

• 4 weeks later...

Signa, Look at my thread here - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/barclays-bank/70074-slick-barclays-business.html .

Post #34 shows tel con with Lit'n team saying offer letter will go out and post #39 shows letter arriving the next day. Print and take these if it'll help. Slick

Hi MonkeyMax,

You'll get no joy from the Lit'n Team now, even if someone replied to you.

What Court are you due at and what type of hearing, Directions, Preliminary, etc.

Unless told otherwise by the Court, you must attend and you should be ready to challenge an attempt by the Bank's Rep to have your case stayed.

Hope you are prepared and good luck.

Here's a link to the Beeb article.

BBC NEWS | Business | Judge calls halt to bank charges

Slick

• 2 weeks later...

Signa,

Big Congrats to you - that's really great news and I hope you get paid quickly

Let us know.

Slick

Absolutely Signa.

When I took my cheque in to pay over the Barclays Counter, I had a grin on my face the size of a bank vault door.

Slick

Hi Saracen,

B's should NOT have altered your o/d without warning you first. Did you take this up with them when you found out?

On a general note, just read this article over in Halifax forum

BBC NEWS | Business | OFT may compromise on bank case

Slick

Hi Da£n,

If the £12 is accepted as a compromise figure, surely Reclaimants still have the right to challenge for full repayment in Court because the banks have not disclosed their true costs and the charges remain unlawful penalties.

Slick

Thanks Lula,

Her's another report - Stitch up! - City - Money News - News - Mirror.co.uk

Slick

Smutley,

As Lula says in #908 above, the banks won't disclose/justify their unlawful charges leaving CAG'ers free to challenge the whole charge and reclaim it.

I think, this way, the banks may avoid auto repay't to all customers and repay only those willing to go to Court.

Still too much speculation at this stage I guess.

Slick

From memory, I think it was dated yesterday.

Slick

Ta-Daah,

Stitch up!

EXCLUSIVE Banks' secret deal with ombudsman to stop probe into their rip-off charges

13/09/2007

Slick

Hi K-A,

IMHO, we, the Claimants, will probably end up in exactly the same position AFTER the Stays are lifted and the OFT "Test Case" is over.

Those willing to challenge the banks re chgs can and will continue to do via Court. This is what happened with Credit Cards and peeps are still going to Court for refunds which the banks are paying.

I doubt the banks will "Disclose" to OFT or anyone and what they want to avoid is being ordered to auto-repay EVERYONE who's been chgd over last 6 yrs. So there'll be a compromise, the banks'll chge less in future and Stayed cases will be released for processing.

Love to hear others' opinions though, Slick

Signa,

That's great news and I'm really pleased for you.

Congratulations, Slick

Hi Jack,

Saw this on your thread.

There's bound to be loads of rumour and speculation while we await the outcome of the OFT Testcase. I wonder, if this is true, how much the counter staff can refund. I'll tell Electric Lemon to pop into the branch 'cos Leccy's owed £7K +. LoL.

It may be branches are being allowed a bit more autonomous discresion so we all think they're starting to be nice to us but I doubt they'd be able to refund more than one charge at a time.

Cynical Slick

Before peeps get carried away, this is ONLY heresay and Ginjerninja should read the previous page before putting down deposit on the MX5.

Chinese whisper thats turned into a rolling snowball.

Slick

Credit where it's due.

I think Dino was a decent guy who you could mostly rely on when all else failed. Probably why he's moved on - he was too decent and not what the bank really needs.

Slick

• Haha 1