style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6181 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Everyone

I asked a question about the chat room regarding when it would be up and running again. Well I received an E-mail today from another consumer issues site similar to this one, asking me to join their chat room. I will not paste the link.

Sounds to me like Ambulance Chasing, hence the header for this thread.

I am a CAGGER through and through!!

But a lot of people will leave here for pastures new, so could someone please assure us/ inform us whats happening? Is the chat room dead for ever :?

giz

Hi, yes we are aware of this site and their PMs to users asking them to join.

It's a very inefficient way of drumming up business. I'm suprised they haven't just blanket spammed the forum to be honest, they seemed quite happy to fill it with rubbish when they were members here!

There are new laws being pushed through as we speak to stop ambulance chasers.

However, if you would forward the PM to me at [email protected] it would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Dave.

If you feel that we have helped you, or you would like to help keep this web site running so that others can continue to get their money back, please click the donate button at the top of the forum.

Advice & opinions of Dave, The Bank Action Group and The Consumer Action Group are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability.

Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

------------

Add me as your friend on FaceBook - I need all the friends I can get :-(

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=577405151

------------

hello,

so if this site is like pcf and cag, how can it be what you discribe as ambulance chasers.

i have looked at the site and it looks like a self help one just like this and pc.

am i wrong in thinking this.

i look forward to your reply

I have no idea - I haven't seen the site. From what I'm told they are affiliated with a firm of solicitors who (presumably) will take a % of the 'winnings', but you would have to verify this yourself.

If you feel that we have helped you, or you would like to help keep this web site running so that others can continue to get their money back, please click the donate button at the top of the forum.

Advice & opinions of Dave, The Bank Action Group and The Consumer Action Group are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability.

Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

------------

------------

Ha - I should think you might want to use as many sites as possible - I know I would.

PS. Incidently, I have stated nothing. It would be inappropriate for me to comment on another website, I am merely repeating what I was told.

------------

------------

Ok for what its worth I was the person who sent the pm.

Gizitback you asked about the chat room and when it will be reinstated, out of the goodness of my heart I sent you a pm, telling you about a new site that has a chat room that is fully operational. I did this as you seemed genuinely concerned about having a 'chat room'.

This was NOT Ambulance Chasing, Advertising, Spamming or whatever else you would like to call it. I sent you the pm as a gesture of goodwill and now feel that I have been slapped in the face.

I apologise to all concerned if I have upset anyone !

darling

I'm sure you haven't upset anyone, but I'm also sure that you are aware of many copycat sites that could be called 'ambulance chasers'. I even had a cold call from one myself the other day on my mobile.

I'm sure you can understand people's concerns when it comes to ambulance chasing websites poaching for business here, at a completely free site - and, let's be fair, the one that started it all.

------------

------------

------------

------------

Hi

I would be interested to know when the chat room will up and running again.

Was there a result into the investigating the person responsible for giving information out with regards to private information?

Hope it is back running soon.

As above, once the people that came to cause trouble deliberately have actually stood by their promise to leave, the bear garden and chat room will be up again, otherwise they will turn it into a slanging match once again and we wasted far too much time on it last time.

Also, it has since come to my attention that the site in question IS a profit making site, and therefore they are effectively touting for business here, which is a breach of the site rules.

------------

------------

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6181 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks