fedupandskint (nikki) v Abbey

fedupandskint
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6430 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Personally, i wouldn't waste any more time trying. They will still say no. They did to me, even when I told them I would not have enough money to buy food for the rest of the month, and I have an 8 year old daughter. Scrooge is alive and well, living in Triton House!

;) nn

FAQs: click here: http://READ THESE

Any views or opinions expressed are in good faith, to the best of my ability. I don't like to admit it, but I have been known to be wrong. Check other threads and if in doubt, seek professional advice.

Abbey: SETTLED IN FULL:lol:

BoS M/card SETTLED 27/09:lol:

Aqua CC (Halifax) SETTLED 28/06 :lol:

GMAC Request for refund 14/6; Prelim 31/7; LBA 11/9

First National Mortgage Data Protection Act sent 14/6 Statements 26/7

Cap 1 - SETTLED IN FULL:lol:

Abbey x 2: 50% offer refused AQ filed

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Abandon the account so you dont get screwed for the money this month and then the following month etc etc get another account somewhere and get your wages paid into that, at least that will stop these unreasonable swines from stealing all your wages

Have told hubby to tell the pay office to cancel my account but they closed till monday but he said should not be a problem as they can change documents up to the 16th im just worried how much charges i will have encountered on the account by the time this thing is sorted, Im really glad there are ppl on here that understand i feel this is going to take its toll. Have had to explain things to my dad as bank statements and things go to his house.(being millitary) saves hassle really. but this not going to make me change my mind. I would like to say thankyou for having the customer complaints number on here i finally gave in and phoned them not that i got any sence out of them but she did say my statements are getting sorted out. Talk about taking off people who can ill afford it my dad has sent me his visa to last me the month and he will sort out how to pay it off when we get sorted out. So big thankyou and hugs to everyone who has replied to me today it means so much having ppl who understand what is going on.

So next month im going to have aprox ( if they keep to their usuall) about £400-£500 in bank charges and i can not afford that to come out of one wage a month so im facing facts im stuffed at the moment

nikki = Fedupandskint V ShABBEY

Data Protection Act recieved today 8/6/06 so 40 days start

finally recieved bank statements today 11/10/06 :-|

new bank account set up today finally got everything i need and done it :D

calculations worked out amount comes to 4,621

Sorry everyone still trying to get sorted out been in hospital and not been able to follow it up so having to start again now:-x

Data Protection Act and ten pound fee sent statements recieved eventually 3 missing but i had them online so could calculate from there

15th march Request for payment of charges sent registered mail. 14 days starts 16th

second request for payment of charges sent 14 days are up on 3rd May. will then file MCOL

I hope it all works out for you soon, a number of years ago I went through a bad patch and kept getting screwed for over £300 a month in charges and there's no way to break the cycle and no one cares.

Just knowing there are people out there who DO care and offer their support means so much when you're in a hole.

All the best with it and keep us posted :)

Nikki, you'll probably find they won't let you close the account if you are in arrears. This has happened to me. Don't worry about this as you will get the charges back anyway. Just make sure that any money you have comingin goes into another account. This means that all those minus figures are just numbers on paper and it will not affect you. You WILL get it all back.

Keep smiling, if you can.

We're with you all the way.

;) nn

Any views or opinions expressed are in good faith, to the best of my ability. I don't like to admit it, but I have been known to be wrong. Check other threads and if in doubt, seek professional advice.

Nikki,

Try not to get too upset chick. Everyone is here for you and we really feel for you. You've got to stop thinking that Abbey are these kindly people who will listen to your problems with a sympathetic ear - they are not going to do you any favours, they don't give two hoots that you have a kiddie that needs food and clothes - all you are to them is a source of revenue.

You've had some good advice re. putting your money into another account so they can't get their grubby [small edit] mits on it.

Just remember, when this is all over and you've got your money back, you can put this behind you and start with a clean sheet and the money going into your account (not an Abbey one I assume) will be all yours.

Chin up poppet

Janey

Do you have a website? Add the following code to add a link to The Consumer Action Group:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk

The Consumer Action Group

Reclaim your rights as a consumer and reclaim your unfair bank charges! Free site with letter templates and helpful forum.

At the moment i have no other account to use waiting on a parachute one to open up but hubby is going to stop his wages going in on monday when the pay office opens again, Being as they won't even have the decency to let me speak to a supervisor i gave in and phoned customer complaints and spoke to a lady there she was as much use as a chocolate fireguard and just told me basically tuff nuts. but did verify that they have my DPA and its beiing prosessed and all the information will be sent to me. I also stated that any of them that are in micrifile or what ever its called need to be sent as well as they are part and parcell of my request i think she was a little taken aback in the end and her attitude changed. So thankyou everyone and sorry if i seem like im moaning but im just passed myself with worry. I know there is light at the end of the tunnel but just seems so dark in here at the moment.

cheers everyone i think your all great and really helpfull

Sorry everyone still trying to get sorted out been in hospital and not been able to follow it up so having to start again now:-x

Data Protection Act and ten pound fee sent statements recieved eventually 3 missing but i had them online so could calculate from there

15th march Request for payment of charges sent registered mail. 14 days starts 16th

second request for payment of charges sent 14 days are up on 3rd May. will then file MCOL

Either click on User CP near the top left, or on Private Messages top right.

Once in there, click on Edit Signature.

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Well i khow they have my DPA but they have not taken the money. I spoke to a lady last week and she confirmed they had my request so do i start the 40 days from them or when they have taken the money? i know i have put on that the 40 starts but im not too sure. its worrieng(sp?) me a little,

Well have just recieved 12months worth ofvstatements butvthere are large gaps between them. they have not taken my £10 but no doubt the new charges on my account have swollowed that up now. Anyway recieved this letter

Date 15thJune2006

our ref XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Account number XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Dearr Mrs XXXXX

Thank you for your letter dated the 8th June 2006, Requesting information on you bank account.

Unfortunately, we are unable to supply a list of charges applied to your account for the last six years because we do not store this information separately from other transactional data. We can only supply a list of the transactions on your account, Wich will include details of any charges applied.

I would lilke to advise you that under a Data Protection Act Request, you will only recieve the transactions that are currently held on our systems. These will be forwarded to you within 40 days, free of charge, under seperate cover. Any eaalier transactions have been archived onto microfiche, which is not covered by the Dara Protection Act request and will not be subjevt to the 40 day ruling.

We can however supply details of the transactions held on the microfiche on payment of an administration fee the fee is as follows:-

£5.00 for 1 monly statement that has been archived

£10.00 for mulitple statements that have been archhived.

If you wouldlike to go ahea, Please fill in the enclosed &returnit to us. You can pay by personal cheque made payable to Abbey or at any local branch. You can also ask us to devit the moneyfrom your Abbey account if this is easier ( don't get me wrong i thought i told them to do this)

Please can i take this opportunity to assure you thatany delay this may cause is unintentional.

So please can someone tell me im getting my dad to take the £10.00 into my local branch with this form they have sent me but do i still take it from the 8th June when they recieved my orrigiinal request?

cheers

nikki

Hi Fedup

From what I have read on here from other peps threads is that you stick to YOUR time scale and not shABBEYS as this is probably a tactic to try and put you off or say they did not get the payment:mad: .

Did you pay for the Data Protection Act by telling them to take the money from your account or another way CHQ,P/O ?

Sorry if I have missed it and remember the clock for them is ticking :D stick to your guns and follow what it says in the step by step guild and what other have done before us8-) ;-) :rolleyes: .

I'm sure one of the others will correct me if I'm wrong:???:

DONT FORGET TO DONATE TO THIS SITE WHEN YOU WIN THANKYOU

If you dont it wont be here:x

Let battle commence!!!!!:mad:

All advice and opinions given by people on this site are personal, and are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, please seek qualified professional legal Help.

Yes im sticking to my timetable and they were told to take the money from my account but no doubt the charges they have taken again will have swollowed the little thatwas left in the account. My dad is going to take the £10 cash in to the bank as soon as i post this form to him. I have told him to get a written signed reciept from shAbbey. But since they have acnowledged my request im taking it from my dates. Im just hoping at the moment that the pay office do not pay hubbys wages in to the account as they are just going to sting me again. will update on Friday and let you know if the pay office play ball

Thankyou for your reply and its brilliant having a site like this to get advice from. Keep up the good work everyone,

Good and hope the pay office helps you and know how it feels when the bank takes all your money.:mad:

Will follow you thread as Im just about to send my DPA in the week:cool: .

All advice and opinions given by people on this site are personal, and are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, please seek qualified professional legal Help.

Keep your head up fedupandskint. Abbey are taking £300 of me this month ( for only £20 over the overdraft though - a lot of return DD and visa charges - and that was all due to a £30 charge for a 79p transaction :mad: ). I know exactly what you mean when you say you can't break the cycle and they just don't listen. I sent my DPA and got their microfiche argument letter denying it and am sending a response today.

Keep to your timetable. I'm going to keep to mine. They don't care or do anything to help and just take your money so don't give them an inch. And don't give up! Everything I've read on here as made me feel pretty positive about this whole process and a big thanks to all the people who contributed information on here.

Chin up :)

Cheers everyone and Dave good luck. They only fuel the fire really, but gets too you sooo much and they don't give a hoot. Our bills don't pay themselves when the bank takes the lot but hopefully they get the kick up the rear they deserve. fingers crossed eh;-)

I have just checked my online statement and instead of putting bank charges on they have put it as misc fee will i still be able to claim that back with the way they have wrote it?

Just gonna be really annoyed if they have done that to stop me claiming it back. what a bummer

cheers

nikki

They are still charging you for something that cost them a minimal amount. You include this charge as well.

Keep smiling Nikki, you're doing well.

;) nn

Well even though i have not contacted them and they have not recieved my £10 yet My dad phoned me this morning to let me know there are another 4 months worth of statements arrived this morning so he posting them too me today should have them tomorrow dad was rather excited as they have even sent the one where they took £989 bank charges in one month, Which as you can realise crusified us for the month Hubby only earns £1000 a month. But thank the lord for family support that month.

Also i thought i should let everyone know the pay office came up trumps and stopped his wages going into the Abbey account, Feels strange somehow having all his wages without Abbey getting to them first, and i think i could kind of get used to it as its been such a long time,I have however checked the bank to see what is going on and its £527 in debt from them taking charges when i told them there would not be any money in the account so i know there is going to be more of it sinking into the red as they will once again charge me for being overdrawn Oh how this could spiral out of control. but hey hoo they not getting my dosh no more

Good luck!!! £989 worth of bank charges in one month is ludicrous!!! good for you changing where your money is paid into.

After this is all over you will feel so much better and far far stronger dealing with these sorts of situations. Oh how the banks try and intimidate us, disgusting isn't it?

REFUNDED

Hubbys - HSBC £4,165 paid 18/8 after MCOL issued :)

HSBC - £651 paid 18/8 after MCOL issued :)

HSBC - £147 Prel 7/8, LBA 21/8, MCOL 6/9 £241

Hubby Halifax - Prel 29/7 £215, LBA 21/8, Offer rec. £110 22/8, MCOL 6/9 £298

Abbey - £2758 - Prel 26/6, LBA 10/7 - MCOL 26/7 £3,391, offer 25/8 £1,755.94, paid £3567.32 after Case manag hearing

Barclays - £675 Prel7/8, LBA 21/8, offer received £300 MCOL 6/9 £998 - Paid £1,012 before going to Court

It feels so much better having all the wages this month kind of strange how you get used to them taking all your money through charges,:D Just hope they realise im not taking it any more and am serious about getting every penny back again, No matter what it takes or how long it takes.:p

good for you, go for it, I am too, like you charges just went out of control, I am waiting for statements from Abbey and they are stalling me every which way they can. I shall be following your thread.

I thought I had it bad with £600 in one month!! They love to keep you under and in the S**T but my other account is now up and running and keep it all going and claim it all back Fedup

Well finally got my new account opened yesterday, So i know wages should not go in to the shAbbey account and can set up the neccesary DD's i need and settle in the knowledge that for now our wages are our own. its all down to this site so you will be getting a donation from me once i win.

• 3 months later...

Finally after three months of fighting them i have finally recieved my bank statements today, just working the amount out now and im at 3k now so going to keep going and see what the final total is, Got 4years of statements this morning in one envelope.

They tried to tell me they had sent them so with more letters and threats of the ombudsman they finally coughed up and sent them,got my letter ready just need to fill in the amounts ect

Please wish me luck. After all of this they will have to pay me all of it to shut me up.

One thing i have found though its funny how many people still say that they are right in the amount they charge you.Not here no more thanks to this site

letter going back to them the latest of Friday recorded delivery then sit back and wait 14days

cheers

nikki

just doing the sread sheet for the interest and im wondering do i also claim the charge for being overdrawn they have taken off me cos would not have been overdrawn if they had not swiped all my money. please help been at this for hours today