Complaint In Hands On Fos

jamieprec1979
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6167 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,I have now forwarded my complaint to the FOS as i haven't the time or brains to start a court claim,and wanted to know if any of you guys have referred your claim to them.

How long to they pay up and will there be any obsticals?.They offered there usual £750.00 as full and final settlement.

thank you in advance

FOS generally waste of energy and time.

Why do you say that GuidoT?

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

BEWARE OF CLAIMS MANAGEMENT COMPANIES OFFERING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Hi Rory 32, experience, the most effective method to obtain your money is through the court system.

But by all mean people can try that way, some may have had a more positive results than I have - I am guessing but you may well have had a positive result.

There is a good reason why the banks recommend on their initial response letters to go down this route. It should be remembered the banks finance the FOS. Anyway have a look here:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/natwest-bank/86290-ombudsman-advice-beware.html?highlight=ombudsman

If I have been helpful please click on my star and add a comment.

Interesting (disappointing as well).

If you look at my location you will see that I'm in Scotland, which means that for claims over £1500, before interest, the court system is not really an option. So FOS in many instances is the only viable route.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Its also worth noting that you can always take the court route if you are not happy with the FOS service. I have it on good authority that the banks are settling within 3 weeks of a FOS complaint being made. The reason for this I'm told is that when the FOS make the initial approach to the bank, the bank have 3 weeks to hand over their file on the complaint to the FOS. Rather than doing this they are simply settling. If the FOS have to launch a full investigation the bank are charged for that investigation.

Yes they are charged £400. However in my situation I would have to file an ordinary cause claim (which is really a no goer):mad: .

However as the OP is probably in England/Wales I entirely take your point. By going the FOS route you are bypassing the court system so if your not happy with their offer you can then use the court system.

• 3 weeks later...

Just to update you all on my progress,FOS have been in contact and have sent a letter to LTSB asking them how they come about there fees and charges.The guy who i spoke to says i will get a response in around 3/4 weeks.He also said the banks usually settle in full before they have to justify there charges.

So fingers crossed and looking forward to a nice holiday from the proceeds!

My boyfriend won via FOS it took 6 weeks from first writing to them but if you dont think you can handle (or afford) court it is a good back up plan. The man I spoke to was really nice and advised me that the banks tend to reply within FOS timeframes and they just pay up as they dont want to be investigated by FOS. The only problem is it takes a long time to get a final response from the banks due to their delaying tactics and FOS will only take up your case when you have received your banks final response.