Nationwide Defend Case

satnam
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6221 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I filed for £2.4k for excess charges through the small court claims process. Nationwide have indicated that they are going to defend the case and appointed Evershed Llp to act on their behalf. Is this normal or am I the first.

Advice sought

Many thanks

No its perfectly normal, I am in the same situation as yourself. From reading other posts they do this to try and scare you. Some people get a payout soon after, others have had to take it up to the 'eleventh hour' (the day before you go to court) before the building society eventually payout. Patience really is a virtue in this instance.

No its perfectly normal, I am in the same situation as yourself. From reading other posts they do this to try and scare you. Some people get a payout soon after, others have had to take it up to the 'eleventh hour' (the day before you go to court) before the building society eventually payout. Patience really is a virtue in this instance.

That said wise man once said: He who does not prepare to go to court if nationwide defend the claim is a fool (or words to that effect)

• 2 weeks later...

hiya,

i've just received the acknowledgement of service through the post today...am just sealing the envelope to the solicitors (eversheds, cardiff) with my schedule of charges..i'm looking at this as if they will go all the way to court

thanks

shaz

Hi Shagtastic,

I'm at about the same place as you. I sent my charges to Eversheds on Mon after receiving acknowledgement on sat (1 day before papers were due to be served).

Keep fighting and don't give up!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nationwide - S.A.R sent 3/1/07

Statements receieved 01/02/07

Pre Lim sent 10/02/07

LBA sent 25/02/07

MCOL Submitted 14/05/2007

Case Closed - Won from NW 14/06/2007

Lloyds TSB -

Prelim sent 30/04/07

LBA Sent 15/05/07

OHs Lloyds TSB

Pre Lim Sent 30/04/07

LBA Sent 15/05/07