Argos

bigbird2
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6220 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I recently ordered a freezer from Argos which stated it was an A grade efficiency for £99 plus £4.95 delivery which i waited 21 days for but i thought this was okay because currys were selling A C GRADE FOR £89.99 so i thought it was worth waiting for. When it arrived i did as it said and left it for 12 HRS in the garage before turning it on and thee filled it with my food from my old freezer which was was on its last legs. We then dismantled the old freezer for recycling. when i sat down to read all the bumf that came with the freezer i was amazedthat it was a C graded freezer not an A I rang up Argos Helpline and at first they said it was a A grade but when they phoned me back after speaking to Lec they said it was a printing error and that actually it was an error in printing and that in fact it was a C grade. They asked me if i wanted to keep it or they would collect it . i aexplained i had already filled it with food and they said they would send me a compansation voucher , this arrived a few days later for £10 , is this exceptable or should i expect more???

basically all they have done is given you the difference between the A grade and a C grade if you had purchased one.

i would imagine this would come under the SOGA , for mis leading advertisement of said fridge, and i will endeavour to find which actual bit, but anyway, at least they have admitted they were wrong and given you a gesture of goodwill.

i'll post more if and when i can find out anything.

Please note that although my advice is offered, you should consult your legal representative before taking ANY action.

have a nice day !!

You are entiled to One of the following:

a) an A grade freezer of similar spec/brand or if available the actual thing you ordered

b) the difference in what you recieved to what has been advertised

c) a FULL refund even if the item has been used (used not misused/damaged) this would include delivery charge

Did they offer compensation for the inconvience or to cover the difference?

Also can you chuck me the cat number of the item, can't seem to find a £100 one

(Btw welcome to the forums)

Ex-Retail Manager who is happy to offer helpful advise in many consumer problems based on my retail experience. Any advise I do offer is my opinion and how I understand the law.

They offered me £10 for the inconvenience or to collect it and refund me but as i had already put my food in it this didnt seem to be a good option. The Cat No is 485/9604. The lady on the phone said that the mistake was only noticed after the books had gone out because obviously they had a lot of calls, but it had been put right in all the stores and on the internet.

£10 for putting in and taking out some food is not bad compensation. You could try for more, but I would not expect it, nor would you be entitled to much more(IMO).

7 years in retail customer service

Expertise in letting and rental law for 6 years

By trade - I'm an IT engineer working in the housing sector.

Please note that any posts made by myself are for information only and should not and must not be taken as correct or factual. If in doubt, consult with a solicitor or other person of equal legal standing.

Please click the star if I have helped!!

Whichever way you ordered, should have said that it is Energy Efficient 'C' not as stated in the cat. The options above should still stand, as they have in some sence corrected the error and are offering a refund, there isn't much more you can push for.

Ex-Retail Manager who is happy to offer helpful advise in many consumer problems based on my retail experience. Any advise I do offer is my opinion and how I understand the law.