Microdotster-vs-Abbey *IVE WON!, IVE WON!*

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6227 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Ive just realised that Abbey still havent even acknowledged the claim that I have served on them. They only have 14 days to do this, which ends on 28/03/07. You never know, I might just catch them out eh?

Has anyone got an answer to the above posts BTW? Please?

Does anyone know which solicitor acts for Abbey, as they have acknowledged but I havent had the form through from the court yet. Also any contact details please? Also a question to those who have *WON* who does the final offer come from?

Microdotster, short answer - as far as I know there isn't one. Long answer - they outsourced all the legal until about Sep/Oct 06 when they obviously decided it was a waste of money and Master Arrandale ("Legal Officer" and friends started running it in-house from Try-It-On House. Don't know who the suits were ambushed GlennUK but his claim was trickier than most : >6yrs and default removal. Regards, Mad Nick

Abbey £8370 settled 17 Apr 07

Just checked my MCOL, Abbey have entered a defence, also got a letter saying about their defence particulars. The MCOL says that i am being allocated a court etc now....

• 3 weeks later...

!!!!OH MY GOD!!!!

!!!IVE WON!!!

Heres the story:

I sent a letter to Abbey on 13/04/07 (Triton square) to tell them that i have noted that my claim has now been transferred from MCOL to my local county court. I told them that I was very dissapointed that they had failed to settle my claim. I reminded them of how my claim was broken down and that the courts were aware that they have failed to take a single case to court. I told them that there has been several similar cases where the judge has considered striking out the defence on the grounds of an abuse of process. I said that i felt that continuing this claim would be a waste of our time and their money. I put it to them that I would accept a slightly lower offer (£11.00 less!) than my claim total to bring the matter to an end. I also reminded them the if they wanted to continue the claim further costs would be incurred, including £100 allocation questionaire fee, interest which is accruing daily and that if they were to insist on taking it to the point where a court bundle would be required that i would be charging them £9.50/hr for the work involved.

Well I recieved a letter from them today stating:

Dear Sir,

ABBEY NATIONAL PLC-ATS-MICRODOTSTER

CLAIM NUMBER: ********

We refer to your letter dated 13 April 2007.

Abbey National PLC accepts your offer contained therein.

Payment is being processed in the sum of £5100.00. Payment is made without admission of liability by or on behalf of Abbey National PLC and is made in full and final settlement of your claim.

Upon receipt of the settlement funds please write to the court and withdraw your claim.

Yours sincerely

Inga Kirkman

Abbey National PLC

:D !!!!£5100.00!!!!:D

Congratulations indeed, tell me, did you file for charges over 6 years in the end? and if not why not? they have no defence for this, so if you didnt this can form the basis of your second claim LOL

Enjoy and dont forget to pay your mum back first ;)

Lula

Lula v Abbey - Settled

Lula v Abbey (2) - Settled

Lula v Abbey (3) - Stayed

Congratulations indeed, tell me, did you file for charges over 6 years in the end? and if not why not? they have no defence for this, so if you didnt this can form the basis of your second claim LOL

Enjoy and dont forget to pay your mum back first ;)

No i didint, second claim is brewing me thinks!

Nice work, to close out:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general/7261-when-you-get-your.html

There is a letter in the link below to inform the Court of settlement (but obviously not until you get paid):

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/post-487345.html

I have an Abbey claim around the same stage, I am now going to do the same. Can you post up your entire letter please, including the address and addressee (or should it be to Inga Kirkman?).

If I have been helpful please click on my star and add a comment.