Hutchinson 3G Default - What do I do

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6250 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I am currently having trouble with Hutchinson in trying to get them to remove a default from my credit file. It all started when i was one of the unfortunate people to start using 3 phones when they came out in 2003, well by the 11th month of my contract after they'd billed me astronomically for calling me in Norway where i was working to tell me I'd paid my bill I decided to terminate my contract I called the call centre and spoke to a member of staff and said right with my next bill payment what do i need to pay to settle my account, they gave me the figure and I sent them a check with a letter terminating my account. I never received another bill from them or any correspondance to do with the account. However last year I was checking my credit file when I found a default on my account from them for £676. £300 over my final bill, when i called to ask about it they told me that it was due to me not paying my bill and them continuing to run my contract over another year without ever sending me the correspondance to ask for payment. The account executive at 3's Executive office agreed that they would remove the extra £300 and the defaults if I would pay the original bill which I was happy to do. Now they are refusing to remove the default saying its an accurate reflection of my non payment.

What should I do?

I would print those off with a letter stating that they are in breach of an agreement of which you upheld your side?

I hate 3 with a passion, they also defaulted me and terminated an account that *I* had cancelled a few days before! They are awful!!

Tigers,

Send them all in a letter as Layla ck suggests adding that you are prepared to take legal action to remove the default. Give them a reasonable time, say 14 days to comply, after which inform them that you'll be starting legal proceedings.