Bank haven't filed a defence, what now?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6224 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

If the "judgment" section on your claim menu for MCOL says "proceed" then you can do just that,by clicking on that box. If it still says start (as it probably has for the last 28 days) then you will be flashed a notice that you can not proceed at this point.

Assuming you are able to enter judgment keep an eye on your MCOL claim menue for "proceed" to pop up again, this time under "warrant" and you can issue the warrant its easy and a real buzz to get a judgment against the BANKERS !

However, there is a thread that suggests that rather then enter judgment you may contact A&L and explain that you are now able to enter Judgment against them as they have not entered a defence and you might be able to persuade them to cough up immediatly rather than having a judgment entered against them . Sounds a bit generous at this stage but if they bite you should have your cash quicker, but it does give them an opportunity to enter a defence (which you should have been expecting any way) and even if you get a judgment they can always apply to have the judgment set aside as courts, in general, would prefer to see cases settled on merit rather than "bad timing" if they have genuinly just missed the deadline for entering the defence. If this were to happen the case will become extended as A&L will issue a defence and drag things on in the hope that you will drop the case or accept their derisory offer to settle (if they've made one yet)....you decide either way you are going to win eventually.

'I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies. If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around the banks will deprive the people of all property until their children wake-up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered.'

Thomas Jefferson 1802

Hello guys, I found the step by step guide which says I should file for judgement so I have just done that. What happens now, i.e. when should I expect my money? I ticked the box that says they should pay 'immediately' Thanks for your replies guys.

have a look at a&l success thread willpat v alliance & leicester (for example) you are likely to hear from them soon but be prepared to challange your impeding account closure! what interest are you claiming (if any ?)

'I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies. If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around the banks will deprive the people of all property until their children wake-up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered.'

Thomas Jefferson 1802

Right I have now had a letter from the bank with a copy of the defence they have entered. I am claiming from Oct 2000(which is 6 years prior to starting my claim) to December 2006 (as charges kept being added on). One line of there defence states that the charges prior to March 2001 (6 years prior to me starting the court case) 'did not arise within 6 years before this action was commenced and are statute barred'.

So what should I expect now? I know it doesn't ever get to court but if they want me to be the first I'll see them there!

Right I have now had a letter from the bank with a copy of the defence they have entered. I am claiming from Oct 2000(which is 6 years prior to starting my claim) to December 2006 (as charges kept being added on). One line of there defence states that the charges prior to March 2001 (6 years prior to me starting the court case) 'did not arise within 6 years before this action was commenced and are statute barred'.

So what should I expect now? I know it doesn't ever get to court but if they want me to be the first I'll see them there!

Hello,

S 32.!!!! Have a read! http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general/80486-claiming-beyond-6-yrs.html#post712882

Good Luck