Hippo v NatWest

Micky the Hippo
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5119 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

On my way hippo!!!!

Best of luck eh'?! x :D

Can't find what you're looking for? Please have a look at Michael Browne's

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

I do not answer queries via PM. If you send me a PM, please include a link to your thread - any advice I am able to offer will be on your thread.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

a phone call at work from a young, giggling and scatty woman from Cobbets

I thought it was going to be a settlement, silly old me

'Did I agree to their request for a stay'

I said no, why would I?

'Then we'll apply for one'

All very pleasant

I still didn't get anything from the court regarding this

And indeed nothing regarding Barclays and Smile/COOP's avowed intention to get stays

I finally filed all my paper work properly, forgotten loads of the nonsense that had taken place and was amazed at how long this has been going on for

I've got six sets of statements for Natwest, in the quest for pre six year statements, still didn;t get them, perhaps it's time to start trying agin

Take it you wasn't too impressed with little Miss Giggles eh' Micky?! :D

Just a word of caution - this seems to be a new tactic that Cobbetts are using at the moment. All nice and proper and correct. :rolleyes:

And Edmonton have started to stay some of the more recently filed claims this week as well - so fingers crossed that your claim(s) get past this hurdle. ;)

Can't find what you're looking for? Please have a look at Michael Browne's

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

I do not answer queries via PM. If you send me a PM, please include a link to your thread - any advice I am able to offer will be on your thread.

que sera and all that, we can only do our best, the OFT decision doesn't seem so far away now anyway

I got their copy of their stay application, that same bit about the claimants putting the courts under dreadful strain and the banks and the OFT working together to help things

wait and see what happens and crack on with what remains of my credit card claims I guess

• 4 weeks later...

spoke to someone nice at the court just now

apparently my NW case for Nov is stayed although I've had nothing from the court that I recall

splendidly (some irony here as I haven't done one iota of anything regarding the bundle (yes, I know)) my Barclays case for Monday week is going ahead, apparently B didn't ask for a stay

a seed of hope is stirring deep within me ...

and my weekend suddenly looks busy busy

erm ... yes

I was already on my tod with the kids as the lady wife is off on a country house weekend retreat with her work

got some new brushes to fit to the washing machine, two kids parties, swimming lessons/stage school and horse riding for the eldest and general mayhem with the youngest

no, I'm not going to the pub with the chaps to watch the rugby

steve, you know things, basic or advanced bundle?

Given the time I would go for the minimum you can get away with. THe important thing is the statement of evidence, schedule and copies of all the statements mentaioned om the schedule. You should also make sure that you include the bank's T&Cs. You will also need at least the case law and UTCCR from the basic court bundle.

To be honest the biggest job is photocopying.

thanks

still at work but I've got the case law from that lovely 198 page pdf file and three different t&c, do I need one for when the account was opened or for the various periods the charges was made?

I'm going for having a bundle ready for Monday first thing and then have two smart copies made up by one of those high street copy shops, let them take the strain

don't laugh, but does sir have to actually read and make sense of everything in the bundle?

• 3 weeks later...

I rang the NW branch to grizzle about some recent charges amongst other things, they said they no longer had the discretion to waive charges and I had to put my concerns into writing

I had a good old moan and mention my ongoing court case, the young lady asked for my claim number and I though eh?

She rang me back ten minutes later to say that she'd found the claim number and would I please ring a number which she gave me, who should I ask for I said, not sure she said

Blimey I thought, and called it, with a tiny hope that they were going to make me an offer

It was merely a range of recorded messsages telling me that the OFT etc etc etc

:mad:

There arrogance is breathtaking. Hang in there your day will come.Revenge is sweet. Good luck.

A person is only as big as the dream they dare to live.

Good things come to he who waits

Its your money taken unlawfully from your account and you have a legal right to claim it back.

• 2 years later...

Hello again all

The court has invited me to do something about it or be struck out

The last I ever did on this was almost get to court before being stayed due to the OFT at the last moment

frankly I've forgotten everything

is anyone pursuing their bread and butter charges claims with any real hope or has it now become a serious business with limited hope of sucess?

Thanks all

Hippo