neilt
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6264 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

Hope some of you have been succesful.

Still at the starting point.

I sent a letter a few weeks back asking for my statements, as set out in the letter on this site, they have been arriving in dribs and drabs, and have only been sent around twelve asked for statements going back to 2000.

Is this normal with Abbey and who should I now contact to try and push them on.

Thanks N

Hi

I've been requesting information for my son's two accounts with Abbey since last November. I managed to get the info from them in February for one account but have had to go through the Banking Ombusdman for the other and am still waiting.

On the other account I have submitted a claim to small claims court and Abbey are defending so have got to fill in another form now.

They really are a pain. Good Luck

Hi neilt,

yes this is very normal for the SHABBEY. I had the same experience eventually I got all of them after ringing them up & got all statements within 24 hours recorded delivery. Make sure you remind them of how many days they have left to provide you with your information.

Good luck and keep at it. I'm about to take them to court. :eek:

foxi

Thanks Foxi and Lydia2

I asked for my statements on the 20th of March, how long are they required by law to fulfill my request.

I take from what you say they are not very forthcoming.

Neil

Hello Neil & Lydia

It maybe worth trying to get hold of Pam Speed at the shABBEY. She deals with all the stored info at the shABBEY. The number I have for her from my correspondence with her when I was trying to get my info from them was 08457 654321

I know when I was at the same stage as you, other people were contacting her directly to chase them up and then receiving their statements/info days later!!!!!!

I only got the rest of my info through a few days after the shABBEY received my claim from the courts. I already had about 3 years worth of statements that I had in my possession and my claim was based on an estimated figure based on the info I had (It gave the a kick up the backside I think)!!!!!!

Anyway, its worth a phone call if you can get your info quicker!

Phil:)

This is only my personal, honest opinion!

Hi All,

Not the "approved" method but Shabbey were useless in getting me my statements so ended up estimating an amount based on the 18 mths they had sent me. (this was after the 40 calander days had passed from the Subject Access Request).

When shabbey acknowledged my claim at court the rest of my statements turned up 2 days later (Consider my surprise;) ).

There is a letter here (letter 1 I think) which can be used to give them a bit of a prod.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/6986-data-protection-act-non.html

Best of Luck

BB

Any advise offered is my own opinion, and if in doubt, always seek clarification.

[