Tom Brennan v NatWest - This is a must-read!!!

calvi36
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5896 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It was never about how much he lost....he was offered a lot more than the charges he was claiming (does that not tell you something)....it is about the damage he suffered due to the loss. Please please read the whole story.....its a true insight into a very interesting case and one that could shape the future for claimants who lost a lot more than a few quid in charges....people who lost homes through repossession after extortionate chartges were applied (see the mortgages forum for many stories)....people who lost faith and committed suicide through the banks extortionate charges (I am personally unfortunately aware of one case of this)......people who had nothing to feed their children with due to banks

I lost everything. My Family. My Home. My possessions. My Dignity. All in the name of profit. In ONE HOUR.

I have watched the press avidly, and seen a number of reports of suicide, where parents have said "if he'd only let us know, we'd have helped him. We knew something was wrong when he didn't contact us for three weeks".

What the banks have done is fundamentally wrong, and has been THE major contributor to today's 'live in fear of a knock on the door' Society.

I will be continuing my claim regardless of this decision, and as mine involves damages, it will challenge any decision made in Tom's case should he fail. I can prove serious damage.

Right behind you Tom, Justice must not be seen to be done, it should be done, as the masses will not be content with the former.

Return the bullion.

Tide

• Haha 1

Don't cry for me Celicaman, the truth is....

Anyway, maybe the bubble is about to burst.

Consider the scenario where the banks have purveyed their 'win' down the ranks to boost moral and conveyed it to everybody who calls them (they are now telling all callers that "we have won, so there's no point in claiming").

They then have to admit to their staff it was a false alarm.

How many companies in the world produce reverse lights for airliners?

Tide

• Haha 1

However this would not stop a lot of the claims here which are caused more by bad management by the banks when people do approach them at times when they need help - but are not treated as individual cases - just another problem, which then runs out of control.

jansus

Jansus, I would go as far to say 'deliberately mismanaged' by the banks.

The banks are fully aware that the most profitable accounts they have are those which are in default. That is why they 'pounce' at one minute past twelve to make sure they can apply their CHARGE on DD's they know they are going to bounce.

The old way of providing a service was to give people a bit of leeway in times of hardship, now they see it as an opportunity to fleece you, increase margins and profits.

Until recently, they have got away with it by making people believe they were in the wrong.

Many of us make Data Protection requests from the banks to include copy statements. These requests are not full requests, and do not include all of the information the banks hold on the subject.

When I insisted on all of my information, I was provided with a copy of a computer log which included a comment that all who were working on my account should do everything possible to apply charges and foreclose (repossess my property) as "large loss on this account)".

This shows I was deliberately targeted.

Charges were made to my mortgage account which were dreamed up on the spot.

Where the bank believed they could get away with it (if you were humble with them or showed any kind of weakness) you were targeted as a soft touch, and an easy way to increase their profits. I didn't question any charge and trusted them that it must be correct because they were a bank. When the balance grew and grew, I put my head in the sand and began dreading the postman.

When I questioned these (after repossession) and got my statements, I was astonished. The charges made to the account represented 50% of the price acheived on the sale of the property.

Now I want them back.

One way or another I will achieve this. I will not allow a bunch of rip-off merchants to operate knowing they are doing this to others, causing misery and will insist on a full investigation into this matter.

I don't care if the banks are under pressure to comply with the law, they either comply, or you should register a complaint. They are struggling so much, they are still making redundancies instead of re-deploying staff to help them comply. The fact is, they don't want to comply.

Wake up ICO, you're being scammed!

If this goes on for years, so be it. I have been wronged, and that needs to be put right.

Rant over.

Tide

Come on Tommy B

• Haha 2

WOW quite some claim, good luck with this and keep as advised of your progress. I would imagine this is the largest claim on this site! I think the little people have been pushed arround for too long now by the big bad Banks (etc). More power to the people.

DS

Times Calvi36's by at least 10 and you're ball park to mine which has been issued.

Calvi36, see my thread or PM me.

Come on Tommy Boy

Tide

Just looked at Tom's website, looks like an ideal launch pad for a petition or for rallying the troops to me, whatever way it goes.

The banks are in a lose, lose.

Over the last 18 months, peoples perception of them has changed completely. They are no longer the trustable institution that they used to be. You hear of little old ladies with bundles of cash in the house because they don't trust the banks. Did they know something we didn't?

My Grandfather always said "Never make an enemy of the Banks" but never expanded.

Whatever the decision here, I for one will fight on, and believe the damage (exposure) has already been done. Power to the internet and communication of the many.

I'm now on my 27th telly. Every time I see that Howard and his showgirls wanting to give me extra, whatever I'm holding goes through the screen. Good job Tesco are doing cheap portables.

Anyone need any remotes?

Tide

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

It is obvious that this has been the subject of much deliberation. You can guarantee the media are waiting in the eaves for such a reporting opportunity.

Whatever the decision there will be a reaction, from either side or those who have been affected by the conduct of these banks.

Right behind you Tom, as are many others.

Tide

I think Tom Brennan's greed and self indulgence has been spotted. This case collapsing will be the beginning (well, not really the beginning, that happened a few months ago) of the end for bank charge claims.

Forestrich 'greed and self indulgence'?

I am sure Tom was not concerned with money or his career, as he would not have risked so much.

I have a similar case, but have done things a bit differently than Tom with the initial claim.

Money is not my primary motivator, moreso the fact that these thieving bustards took everything from me and expected to walk away with it.

I wouldn't let a thief in the street get away with it, and I'll be damned if I'll let these low life's get away with it either.

I want back what I consider has been stolen from me, and I will get it, now matter how much bullying and intimidation I have to tolerate.

Claimants should be compensated for the effect decisions made by these pond life have on their lives. I lost everything.

Tom has several points to make I am sure he will indeed make them.

We ain't seen the last of Tom.

Tell my kids I'm being greedy - ding, ding, round two.

Keep going Tom.

Tide

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

• 4 weeks later...

Tom,

The fact there was no show from Natwest speaks volumes. The silence is deafening. I get the feeling you may not get a decision until after the OFT test case, but it will go in your favour.

In the interim, they are on the back foot, and will not have expected an appeal. Total respect for not being quashed, your determination and resilience has given others the urge to continue.

They now need to understand the weight of your following.

Right behind you.

Tide

• 4 weeks later...

Best Wishes Tom, a valiant attempt, I'm sure we haven't heard the last of Tom Brennan. Keep snapping at the monsters heels, eventually you will find the weakness, even if next time it is for a Client.

I take my hat off to you Sir (and bite my thumb at them).

All the very best.

Tide

Alec, some of these links are being taken down already!!

FT.com - Charges probe will hit profits, says HSBC

Charges probe will hit profits, says HSBC

By Peter Thal Larsen and Kate Burgess

Friday Nov 23 2007 19:11

The chairman of HSBC, Stephen Green, on Friday warned of a profits squeeze in the UK banking industry as a result of regulatory scrutiny of bank charges and the growing power of consumers.

Mr Green said a legal challenge to banks' overdraft charges, due to be heard next year, could "change the economics of retail banking" in the UK, while growing use of the internet had made it easier for consumers to shop around.

"The net outcome of that is not that retail banking is going to become a low profitability business," he told analysts Friday. "But it is going to be less profitable than it is and is going to be growth constrained."

blank.gifarrowblue_r.gif Read More - Page 2

• Haha 1