Can I claim for unpaid direct debit charges as well?

mr pancamo
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6272 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone

First post on the forum!

I recently requested from LLoyds TSB my bank charges for the last 6 years (the letter was sent in Feb). They sent me a reply back with the bank charges from Sept 01 onwards, and said they needed another 40 days if they were to access their archive and go even further back.

From Sept 01 to now, I reckon they owe me almost £1000 in charges without interest.

I have noticed there are also large charges for unpaid direct debits (i.e. Lloyds has charged me whenever I've missed a direct debit payment to a third party)....can I claim for these as well, or is it just the overdraft charges I'm entitled to?

I'm going to send a letter to them, asking they send me the bank charges pre-Sept 01...am I correct in assuming that even if I applied for only the 6 years of charges, I am entitled to those from the day I sent the letter rather than the day I received the statemements back? I opened my account in 1999, so I think I will ask for all statements!

Hope someone can advise!

Cheers

Guest littlesally

Short answer.......yes you can claim back the direct debit charges.

Not sure about the dates you can claim from, I would imagine from the date you requested the statements and would go ahead with that anyway.

Sally x

Hi everyone

First post on the forum!

I have been a LTSB customer since 1999. I lost my job late 2001 and was out of work for a couple of months...during this time, I was consistently hit for going into overdraft and also missing direct debit payments (£25 per time I went into overdraft and around £80/month for missed direct debits to third parties). It was a tough period in my life :(

I've now got everthing back on track, but I'd like to recover the money that LTSB took from me. I requested a statement of all bank charges going back 6 years in Feb 2007 and received it the other day, however it only went as far back as Sept 2001. They say they need another 40 days to access their archive to give me the pre Sept 01 charges.

I'm just about to write back saying that they should should send me all bank charges since my account inception in 1999. AM I correct in assuming, even if we stick to the 6 year limit, the charges they may have to refund are from the date of my original letter (posted recorded delivery)?

Secondly, is it only the overdraft charges I can reclaim (the £25 each time I hit o/d) or can I be reimbursed for the charges relating to missed direct debits to third parties too?

Would really appreciate some advise.

Many thanks

Guest littlesally

Replied on your other thread.

The moderators will combine the two.

Choose which one you are going to stick with or it will become confusing.

It's a pity the chatroom is still closed as that place can really help with any doubts and fears you have.

Also good for just unwinding and having fun.

Still hopefully it won't be long.

It's basically a waiting game, seeing who can out stare the other - don't be the one to look away.

Many people do at this stage and give up.

Make sure you stick with the winners and you will be one!

Sally x

Oops, I wrote this post earlier but thought it hadn't gone through

The re-written one can be found at:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/welcome-our-forum/80673-can-i-claim-unpaid.html#post715413

Apologies for the duplication.

Sally has kindly replied to the post given in the link above, so please disregard this thread.